Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith Richards interview 3/13 on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 6, 2022 17:28

One week from today!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-06 17:37 by NashvilleBlues.

Re: Keith Richards interview 3/13 on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:23

Looking forward to it!

Gotta think this might be more new album than tour related.
Not sure how widely watched the CBS show is in Europe, if at all, but doesn't make sense that he would do a US media piece to promote the European tour. Could be wrong, maybe that's common, haven't paid much attention in the past.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:31

MisterDDDD
Looking forward to it!

Not sure how widely watched the CBS show is in Europe, if at all, but doesn't make sense that he would do a US media piece to promote the European tour. Could be wrong, maybe that's common, haven't paid much attention in the past.

yeah, and he's not going to go on just to talk about the 60th...and not have anything for US audiences. I think you're on to something.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:56

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
Looking forward to it!

yeah, and he's not going to go on just to talk about the 60th...and not have anything for US audiences. I think you're on to something.

He's just about to reissue an expanded version of 'Main Offender'. That's almost certainly the purpose of it.

Date: March 6, 2022 22:09

Gazza
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
Looking forward to it!

He's just about to reissue an expanded version of 'Main Offender'. That's almost certainly the purpose of it.

Aaah.. yes, of course.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:09

Along with Main Offender, it will be all about the 60th including getting through the pandemic, the passing of Charlie, the last tour, the upcoming tour, and of course he'll say "it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere".
There might be mention of a new album, but probably more of the same vagueness - "working on it", "sounds good", "almost there", "not quite yet", "maybe next year", "three dynamite riffs", etc., etc., etc.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:10

Gazza

He's just about to reissue an expanded version of 'Main Offender'.

And probably his performance on March, 10th at 'Love Rocks NYC 2022' - [iorr.org] .

Date: March 6, 2022 22:21

Irix
Gazza

He's just about to reissue an expanded version of 'Main Offender'.

And probably his performance on March, 10th at 'Love Rocks NYC 2022' - [iorr.org] .

Maybe.. after the fact doesn't make much sense though.
Likely taped while he's in town for it, so he'll likely touch on it.

The 60th, reissue of his album, upcoming tour, etc etc.. I guess there's plenty smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:31

Gazza
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
Looking forward to it!

Of course.

But I mean, what is he going to sell, 9 copies? If that's solely why he's out there then he's putting more effort in this than the Some Girls and Tattoo You rereleases.

A cryin' shame.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:44

CBS Sunday Morning is a great news magazine show. They do an excellent job. They make everything interesting.

Each show has several segments, each on a different topic. They also post their segments on line.

This morning's segments are online already.

There are ways to stream the show live.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.viacomcbspressexpress.com]

ROLLING STONES GUITARIST KEITH RICHARDS TELLS “CBS SUNDAY MORNING” THERE ARE TIMES HE FEELS IMMORTAL ON STAGE

Mick Jagger Tells Anthony Mason of Their Longevity: “It’s Not Something I Analyze. You Create a Momentum Yourself.”

Keith Richards on CBS Sunday Morning in 2016

Making music and performing gets more interesting as you get older, and there are times Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards feels immortal on stage, he tells Anthony Mason in an interview for CBS SUNDAY MORNING to be broadcast Sunday, Dec. 4 (9:00 AM ET) on the CBS Television Network.

“I can’t imagine not being enthusiastic about it,” Richards tells Mason of creating music. “And as long as I’ve got the guys, a solid group of guys around me that feel the same way – then I start to feel immortal for a little while. On stage, sometimes, I feel immortal.”

Richards, 72, and Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger, 73, talk with Mason about their careers, their views on the future of the band, and their new album, an unplanned collection of blues covers they recorded in three days while preparing to create a different album.

Asked what aspirations he has for the band, Jagger tells Mason, “Well, there are always – things weirdly present themselves. I mean, there’s a certain thing you have to keep going.”

Pressed, Jagger admits he could have stopped 20 years ago, if the band wanted. Still, they continue, though he doesn’t spend a lot of time thinking about why they do it.

“So I don’t really explain that,” Jagger tells Mason. “It’s not something I analyze. You create a momentum yourself. And then something interesting comes up, which is outside the ordinary – doing a blues album in three days, you know, reinvigorates your interest somewhat.”

[www.google.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:46

Hairball
Along with Main Offender, it will be all about the 60th including getting through the pandemic, the passing of Charlie, the last tour, the upcoming tour, and of course he'll say "it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere".
There might be mention of a new album, but probably more of the same vagueness - "working on it", "sounds good", "almost there", "not quite yet", "maybe next year", "three dynamite riffs", etc., etc., etc.

Where did everyone see the preview? I can't find it anywhere. Can you post a link?

Thanks

Date: March 6, 2022 22:57

Already taped I see.. no breaking news here, still looking forward to it.
Taped at Electric Lady Studios apparently.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:58

exilestones
Hairball

Where did everyone see the preview? I can't find it anywhere. Can you post a link?

Thanks

No preview - as with everyone else in this thread, I was just speculating what might be covered in the interview.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 6, 2022 23:02

"hahaha, y'know, tour hhaaarhha, well, stage y'kno, Mick, well, and y'know, new album, hhaaahha, you know, Ronnie uhhhaha, hm, tour great hahahh…"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2022 23:21

Rumour is that Keith is finally
gonna announce what RMK stands for ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2022 23:25

I wonder why old men here are still wasting their energy on people who are beyond their senior age, like these old dudes (their 'idols') should again blow their minds like they once (ages ago) did. I am pretty sure Keith Richards in his interview or with his whatever band musically will not do any revolution at this stage.

This negativity has nothing to do with healthy 'criticism'. It is a sign of something else I don't quite grasp what it is.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-06 23:30 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2022 23:28

Yep thats the Neg Boys for ya .... HHHHaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 7, 2022 01:15

don't know if i'll be up that early but i'll set a tape to record it

my hunch is it's gonna mostly be about the rerelease of main offender and the winos performance at love rocks

of course charlie will come up and the european tour

but i hope he gets some questions about the el mocambo rumours and the jamaica sessions with mick

unlikley but i can hope

oh and maybe a glimpse of the rehearsals with the winos

Keith Richards interview 3/13 on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 11, 2022 16:49

Musician Keith Richards, with correspondent Anthony Mason. CBS News

MUSIC: Keith Richards on the Rolling Stones and a solo reunion
The guitarist of The Rolling Stones, and frontman of Keith Richards & the X-Pensive Winos, talks with correspondent Anthony Mason about his solo career; writing new music with Mick Jagger; the passing of the Stones' drummer Charlie Watts; and how he kicked his most persistent addiction.

[www.cbsnews.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 11, 2022 17:44

Most persistent addiction: I’m going to guess nicotine?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 11, 2022 19:21

DVR set

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 12, 2022 02:02

MelBelli

for real this time?

or is it like how he quit last year except when he's behind the drumkit during miss you?

Date: March 13, 2022 13:57

ProfessorWolf
MelBelli

for real this time?

or is it like how he quit last year except when he's behind the drumkit during miss you?

Was that tobacco? smoking smiley

Date: March 13, 2022 13:58

Show starts in one hour!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2022 14:55

Hairball

grinning smiley

Date: March 13, 2022 15:51

NashvilleBlues
ProfessorWolf
MelBelli

for real this time?

Was that tobacco? smoking smiley

Exactly.. from the Spiegel interview smoking smiley

SPIEGEL: Robbie Williams once said that when he tries to quit smoking, he develops another addiction. He then eats lots of sweets. What is your substitute addiction?

Richards: I smoke more weed.

Date: March 13, 2022 15:58

Keith, Mick and Steve worked on/came up with “8-9 new pieces,” the week before the interview was recorded, according to Keith.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:59

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:01

Well..Keith was his usual charming self. Vague catchy answers promoting Main Offender and the upcoming Stones tour. Nothing that readers here on IORR don’t already know. But it is always nice to see him.

Date: March 13, 2022 16:03

Thanks for that Cristiano!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home