Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Keith Richards at Love Rocks NYC 2022
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:16

I am not a fan of Twins. At all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2022 20:00

bye bye johnny

Photo by P Squared

More photos > [www.brooklynvegan.com]

Excellent pic..the black and white brings out the dark and light like a Rembrandt painting..ominous and joyful at the same time.

pftw04
Keith Richards was on fire. I never thought that he can pull up 999 and he did with strong vocals and guitar. I just wonder that why does not remain focus with THE ROLLING STONES, If he does 2022 will rock. However he does not. Before they make run sounds way better than THE ROLLING STONES live recent version.

thumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 17, 2022 14:56

pftw04
Keith Richards was on fire. I never thought that he can pull up 999 and he did with strong vocals and guitar. I just wonder that why does not remain focus with THE ROLLING STONES, If he does 2022 will rock. However he does not. Before they make run sounds way better than THE ROLLING STONES live recent version.

Would be interesting to see if he could "remain focus" with a 16-20 songs Winos setlist instead of just 3.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 17, 2022 20:20

Sure want to see more Keef and the Winos.Takes me back to the T and C days

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 17, 2022 20:21

me too
to velez 92

cool smiley

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 23, 2022 17:07

LSTNT
Yes easy road. Look, I enjoyed the evening. Keith was Keith, never expect much from him at this stage. All I said is it was a missed opportunity to play Wino’s songs. If you take off your rose colored glasses you can see clearer. If you want to play Stones songs that’s great, just play with the house band. No need to call it the Wino’s.
Yawn...

Date: March 23, 2022 17:15

LSTNT
Yes easy road. Look, I enjoyed the evening. Keith was Keith, never expect much from him at this stage. All I said is it was a missed opportunity to play Wino’s songs. If you take off your rose colored glasses you can see clearer. If you want to play Stones songs that’s great, just play with the house band. No need to call it the Winos.

Why not? 999 and Before They Make Me Run were staples in the Winos's setlists.

Of course Keith could have added another Winos-track instead of You Got The Silver, but they play what they wanna play, I guess.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 23, 2022 17:18

LSTNT
Yes easy road. Look, I enjoyed the evening. Keith was Keith, never expect much from him at this stage. All I said is it was a missed opportunity to play Wino’s songs. If you take off your rose colored glasses you can see clearer. If you want to play Stones songs that’s great, just play with the house band. No need to call it the Wino’s.

well there's more left from original Winos line up than from the original Rollin Stones line up… (just sayin')

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 23, 2022 18:29

He performed three Keith Richards songs. It wasn't a fan club event where everyone there knew his three solo albums by heart. The importance to the performer is they put on a good show with their mini-set knowing that's the measure that matters.

Did you notice the technical glitch in Larkin Poe's set? They covered beautifully and scrambled to resolve it with tech support. Why? Because when you perform the important thing is to deliver. Keith delivered.

The Winos were a flash in the pan in 1988 when the Mick-bashing cover stories and novelty of a Keith solo album gave TALK IS CHEAP strong sales. Not Stones-level success, but certainly better than the muted response PRIMITIVE COOL earned. And before anyone piles on, tons of their British Invasion peers would have killed to have equaled the relative success of PRIMITIVE COOL compared to how they were faring in the same era.

By 1992, Keith as a solo artist was a cult figure. He's enough of a figure to not end up a has-been relegated to indie labels like Ronnie or Bill or most of their peers, but he's also not Mick just like Mick solo is a far cry from the Stones. They get it.

Much as I might have enjoyed a set consisting of 999, Robbed Blind, and How I Wish, I understand it's not for the hard-core fan. It's about entertaining the masses. The songs he picked delivered for the masses.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2022 08:52

Yeah he coulda mimed it and called it Shadow Boxing ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: April 21, 2022 11:18

The Winos have their own sound. I love their energy. Waddy adds so much to this sound. And Ivan... Gosh! What a soul! The Winos are in it for the fun of it.
The absence of a steady bass player shows how valuable Wyman was for the Stones.
The first two Winos albums are gems. I spin them more often than many of the Stones' albums.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home