Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Too loud?
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: November 17, 2005 09:18

Noise complaints over Rolling Stones concert in San Francisco
16/11/2005 1:42:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - It's only rock 'n' roll - but they didn't like it.

Officials received a deluge of complaints from residents who live near SBC Park, where the Rolling Stones played to a packed stadium Sunday night. Neighbours complained of windows and floors vibrating.
"I've got no artistic judgment against the Rolling Stones, but just because they're too old to hear their music doesn't mean their music has to be so loud," said Ted Weinstein, who said he heard noise from the concert from his home miles away.

Bob Davis, executive director of the city's Entertainment Commission, said his phone started ringing as soon as the Stones began playing.

Whiners!!! Keep on rockin' boys and rock LOUD! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-17 09:19 by Stones89.

Re: Too loud?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 17, 2005 09:20

@#$%&.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2005 09:24

Poor old Ted Weinstein should have dangled a mike out the window and cut himself a boot of the show...!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: November 17, 2005 09:31

Neighbours complained of windows and floors vibrating...

they could always move!

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: November 17, 2005 09:34

Glad to hear the guitars are still roaring from the sound board. I thought San Fran was a very tolerant city?

Let em see if I understand......men walking around the streets everyday, in broad daylight, wearing assless chaps is ok, but the Rolling Stones rattling the windows for 2 hours is bad. Strange.

Milo, NYC
Truth is stranger than fiction

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 17, 2005 09:35

marko said it all. Plus Rockman.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 17, 2005 11:43

marko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @#$%&.

Yeah. They're probably bankers too.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-17 12:02 by bv.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: November 17, 2005 13:41

LOL...san fransico.....its a fvking concert for 2 hours and the city rakes in millions in taxes and a few sissy boys complain.....2 funny

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 17, 2005 16:07

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought San Fran was a very tolerant city?
>

My wife said when she visited SF that they were the most analy retentive whining bunch of people who she had ever had the displeasure to meet. This is in stark contrast to other places in US where I generally find people very friendly and easygoing. (That said, I've only been to Texas!)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 17, 2005 16:50

Too loud?

Hope so!

My main complain about the Lix tour was that the volume was too LOW!!!

C

Posted by: RubyKel ()
Date: November 17, 2005 17:02

I'm from the Bay Area...and not everyone feels the way those idiots do/did in the article. I have lots of friends who were so stoked to hear the Stones while sitting on their balconies, decks, or just by plain opening their windows.

I was at both shows and they were AWESOME!! Not too loud at all....my ears were barely ringing afterwards and I was in 10th row and On-Stage, respectively.

Off to Vegas............

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 17, 2005 17:08

Neighbours, neighbours, neighbours... stroaning and straining with your trouble and strife.

Is it any wonder?

cc

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 17, 2005 17:11

Great!!!...the Stones are still stirring up trouble this late in the game

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 17, 2005 19:34

The article did say that the City gets far more noise complaints when the Blue Angels airshow comes to town.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 17, 2005 19:45

the difference with the Blue Angels air show is that it is loud across the entire immediate SF area (and it's deafening!!!!), whereas the SBC concert is really only affecting the China Basin surrounding area....so it makes sense there are more complaints with the Angels.

I didn't find it to be overly loud at the show from the middle of the field. No ringing in the ears or anything. It was incredibly crisp sound...kudos, at last, to the sound folks.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 17, 2005 20:16

"If It´s Too Loud,You´re Too Old!"
Ozzy Ousborne

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 17, 2005 20:24

"If It´s Too Loud, @#$%& Off Grandad!"
Andrew J Smith 2005

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 17, 2005 20:33

I´d love to be at a Stones show that´s too loud! Most of the outdoor shows
were way too low in 2003. The worst example was Oberhausen, were AC/Dc blew the field and the Stones came onstage and made noise like a fart. You could easily hear what the people around you were saying.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 17, 2005 20:36

Huh?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:33

Playing loud is no great accomplishment. In Oslo, people have had to leave the show because it was too loud. The B2B show in Oslo in 1998 was certainly too loud. When fans get old enough, they are not afraid of saying this. They have entered the comfy zone, and are not ashamed of it! A veteran rocker like Neil Young plays low, and so The Stones should do too. There is nothing called "too low".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home