Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Noise Complaints at San Francisco
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 16, 2005 15:02

Taken from NME.com:-

San Francisco residents have complained of noise from a Rolling Stones concert - with one man suggesting the ageing rockers were too deaf to notice.

People living near SBC Park, where the band played two shows on November 13 and 15, spoke of windows and floors vibrating, reports the BBC.

City officials were considering the use of a sound meter to monitor levels at the stadium when the band returned for the November 15 show.

"Just because they're too old to hear their music doesn't mean [it] has to be so loud," said resident Ted Weinstein.

Officials from the Giants baseball team, which owns SBC Park, have said they will try to reduce the noise level.

The Rolling Stones' tour continues when they hit Las Vegas on Friday (November 18). It's scheduled to come to Europe in 2006.

Re: Noise Complaints at San Francisco
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 16, 2005 16:38

Resident Ted Whiner ought to be glad he can make himself a bootleg without having to get a ticket.

I bet his teeth popped out.

There.

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: November 16, 2005 16:41

Does anyone know if they did turn it down for the second show last night?!?!?!

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: November 16, 2005 16:43

Mr. Weinstein also complained that this was the same old noise he had heard over and over again since the 1981 Tattoo You tour. "Can't they mix-in some new noise, or some old noise we haven't ever heard before?", he remarked.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 16, 2005 17:28

Mr Weinstein also complained, that Chuck Leavell was not high up enough in the mix and the guitars were too prominent, and they hadn't been the same band, anyway, since that nice Mr Taylor quit.
Oh, and he also added, that the new, upcoming "rarities" cd, was indeed, rubbish.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 16, 2005 17:31

He's right about the rarities album.

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: November 16, 2005 19:24

If Teddie boy can't stand the heat, he should haul his prissy ass out of the kitchen! San Francisco is a rock and roll town! Love it or leave it!
Every year we have to be tortured by the really awful noise of the Blue Angel war birds roaring over our city during Fleet Week. Gets everyones' dogs distraught and paranoid, not to mention what it does to the nerves of the citizens who are refugees from or veterans of wars.
That's the noise limit SF ought to enact! Stop the deafening sonic roar of the war birds hurling over SF and let the Stones roll on!
I get so tired of people taking shots at the Stones because of their ages. I bet Teddie boy couldn't keep up with 63 yo Mick who runs and dances several miles during each show, while singing! Next time I hear someone say something disparaging about Mick or the others' ages, I'm going to get indignant and call that person a bigot! I'm going to say, "You're a bigot, just like a racist or a sexist. You are an ageist, a bigot! And furthermore let's see how well you are maintaining your career and earning power when you are in your 60s!"

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 16, 2005 19:41

Mr.Whine-stein....ever hear of earplugz?...they work wonders (even if for one night...or if your wife's yelling at ya)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 16, 2005 19:49

Mr.Whine-stein...........well he sure lived up his name and got his 5 minutes being famous.

So the Stones really rocked S.F. once or twice this year? so what?
he should also complain about earthquakes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home