Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: do Mick or Keith like rap music??
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 28, 2021 15:54

When Undercover came out, some journalists saw (parts of) Too Much Blood as a Mick-style rap.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 28, 2021 19:02

Mariuana
Keith is known for slagging other musicians and genres off. Not his best side. Kinda reminds of all those old men who hated the Stones as a whole in the 60s. Hip hop and rap as a genre can not be bad. Just like any other music, it has some really great stuff and some not that great. That is all. You would think that Keith is smart enough to understand that.

Everyone is an artist but most people should never exhibit.

Nate

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 28, 2021 19:13

NashvilleBlues
When asked about Kurt Cobain after his death, Keith said something like he (Kurt) wouldn’t have made a very good plumber.

Cobain was a terrible singer and guitar player. As a composer he rehashed the "Louie Louie" riff (adding a 4th chord) for "Teen Spirit". That's about it.

At the time Nirvana's career was going through the roof another Seattle band should have been a worldwide sensation : Alice In Chains. It had a great singer (Layne Staley), and a wonderful composer (Jerry Cantrell).
"Dirt" (1992) is an absolute masterpiece. "Nevermind" is light, cheesy and forgettable.
You can compare Nirvana's and AIC MTV "Unplugged" and see which leaves a strong sensation on you. AIC's "Rooster" is positively chilling.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 28, 2021 19:20

Bo rappin' back in 1958 ...............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 28, 2021 19:33

All those songs mentioned from Say Man to Fingerprint File and Buying a Book to Too Much Blood are 'spoken word' to my ears.

Rapping is rhythmic... with rhymes...
Well to me anyway.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 29, 2021 11:35

Keith thinks he’s cool if he disses rap and Mick thinks he’s cool if he pretends to like it.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 29, 2021 15:23

dcba
NashvilleBlues
When asked about Kurt Cobain after his death, Keith said something like he (Kurt) wouldn’t have made a very good plumber.

Cobain was a terrible singer and guitar player. As a composer he rehashed the "Louie Louie" riff (adding a 4th chord) for "Teen Spirit". That's about it.

At the time Nirvana's career was going through the roof another Seattle band should have been a worldwide sensation : Alice In Chains. It had a great singer (Layne Staley), and a wonderful composer (Jerry Cantrell).
"Dirt" (1992) is an absolute masterpiece. "Nevermind" is light, cheesy and forgettable.
You can compare Nirvana's and AIC MTV "Unplugged" and see which leaves a strong sensation on you. AIC's "Rooster" is positively chilling.

I prefer AIC too. Dirt may be my favorite album of the 90’s (or Soundgarden’s Superunknown). I had an unforgettable moment at The Ryman with Cantrell. When they broke into Brother, I got pumped and was singing along (front row, right of center). He looked at me, smiled and tossed his pick to me. I was going through a rough time, and that was a well-needed boost.

On the other hand, I do love Nirvana (especially In Utero and Incesticide), too. Kurt undoubtedly helped change the direction of music. Keith was being a jerk, and although I’m no musician, to me Kurt and Keith are similar in talent. Kieth has never been anything close to a virtuoso, like Kurt. I loved Kurt’s primal screams. Hair-raising. Nirvana was raw and uncompromising. Thank God they helped usher out the bu11shit that was hair metal.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home