Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick to appear on Chris Jagger's podcast
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 16, 2021 15:53

Mick Jagger to be featured on brother Chris’ podcast series

By Matt Friedlander
Dec 15, 2021

BMG Rights Management (Europe) GmbH/Sony ATV Publishing/Demetri Jagger

Singer/songwriter Chris Jagger, Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger‘s younger brother, has been hosting a podcast series for the Austin, Texas-based Hot Pie Media podcast network, and he’s revealed that his famous sibling will be joining him on multiple upcoming episodes of the show.

The Jagger brothers are still working out the details of their podcast collaboration, which, according to a press release, “[is] guaranteed to be one-of-kind, uniquely entertaining and the beginning of bigger things to come.”

Hot Pie Media tells ABC Audio that the episodes will feature “scripted portions, as well as allotted time for chatting,” adding, “In addition to [Chris and Mick] creating music beds for some of the content within the episodes, we will encourage them to also perform.”

Chris’ latest studio album, Mixing Up the Medicine, which was released in September, features a duet with Mick on a tune titled “Anyone Seen My Heart?“

“I look forward to my brother Mick being a part of my Hot Pie Media podcast series,” Chris says in a statement. “Mick joined me for a duet on my new album…so working together again on my podcast makes our collaboration another family affair!”

Hot Pie Media CEO Robert Walker adds, “Having the Jagger brothers working together on our network is a major milestone for our company. It’s also a very rare opportunity for the public to enjoy these two talented artists performing as a duo.”

Chris, who’s a partner in Hot Pie Media, has co-hosted and/or contributed to a number of podcasts and specials for the network. One of these saw him team up with Mick’s former romantic partner, supermodel Jerry Hall, for a program called Jerry’s Hall of Fame that featured Hall playing and discussing some of her favorite recordings.

[1430wcmy.com]

Re: Mick to appear on Chris Jagger's podcast
Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: December 16, 2021 16:36

It would be nice to hear Mick chat more loosely. Not with selling records or tickets in mind and not weighing every word he says...

I wonder how Mick thinks about the world nowadays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-16 16:42 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 16, 2021 21:23

Wow - that song posted above is terrible.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 16, 2021 21:26

Lol.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2021 21:41

Yep all ya do is laugh .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 16, 2021 21:41

sad smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 16, 2021 21:53

To can or can't get no, is not the question.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 16, 2021 22:58

Great song!Catchy and fun.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 16, 2021 23:23

Better video than all the stupid montage Stones videos of recent years

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 17, 2021 03:54

Not bad, kind of fun

Date: December 17, 2021 03:57

Its a sing-a-long pub song ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 17, 2021 06:48

Hairball

If Chris didn't have a more famous brother, well, we might not even be having a conversation, and certainly not this one.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 17, 2021 07:44

Zydeco?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 17, 2021 14:17

Here is more colloboration from the Jagger Blues Brothers:

"DJ Blues".

"Racketeer Blues": Mick playing some mean blues harp (has he ever so much harp within a song?)

Playing some Stones live too:

- Doxa

Date: December 17, 2021 14:36

I wonder if they are just joking. Too much money en too much time. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 17, 2021 23:07

Yes they have both.But it’s British humour expressed through a fun ditty

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 17, 2021 23:12

HOT PIE MEDIA ANNOUNCES THAT THE ROLLING STONES' MICK JAGGER WILL BE JOINING HIS BROTHER HOT PIE MEDIA PARTNER CHRIS JAGGER IN HIS PODCAST SERIES

"I look forward to my brother Mick being a part of my Hot Pie Media podcast series. Mick joined me for a duet on my new album "Mixing Up the Medicine" so working together again on my podcast makes our collaboration another family affair!" said Chris Jagger

AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Austin, Texas-based audio and visual podcast network Hot Pie Media, with offices in London and Los Angeles, has been busy baking up a storm of daily original podcasts, music shows and specials, and today announce that The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger will be joining his brother, Hot Pie Media partner Chris Jagger, in his podcast series. For more on Hot Pie Media, see here.

Chris and Mick are still fine-tuning the details of their podcast collaboration but it's guaranteed to be one-of-kind, uniquely entertaining and the beginning of bigger things to come. Mick's former partner, Jerry Hall, previously produced a music show titled "Jerry's Hall of Fame" with Chris that is one of Hot Pie Media's current content offerings.

Hot Pie Media partner, renowned musician and artist Chris Jagger recently held an exclusive VIP event at 3TEN AUSTIN CITY LIMITS LIVE in celebration of Jagger's new book "Talking To Myself," published by BMG. At this reception, Jagger signed copies of his book as well as his new album "Mixing Up the Medicine", which features a rare duet with his brother Mick Jagger, to a packed venue of music industry media and professionals. For photos of this event, see here.

"Having the Jagger brothers working together on our network is a major milestone for our company," said Hot Pie Media CEO Robert Walker. "It's also a very rare opportunity for the public to enjoy these two talented artists perform as a duo."

[www.prnewswire.com]

Date: December 17, 2021 23:14

treaclefingers
Hairball

If Chris didn't have a more famous brother, well, we might not even be having a conversation, and certainly not this one.

To continue the conversation, this sounds like something that might have been written for Ringo, but even Ringo would have probably rejected it.

Date: December 18, 2021 01:38

Lavatory Lil ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2021 09:29

Oh my,is it gonna be “the Jaggers in conversation with “next?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2021 16:25

Rockman
Lavatory Lil ....

She came in thru the bathroom window

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: December 18, 2021 19:36

For the Jagger Brothers' sake, I hope the songwriters behind "1-877-Kars-for-Kids" don't catch wind of this song.

Date: December 18, 2021 20:27

JivinSisterFanny
For the Jagger Brothers' sake, I hope the songwriters behind "1-877-Kars-for-Kids" don't catch wind of this song.

smiling smiley

I knew it sounded familiar....

Date: December 18, 2021 23:54

Oh how nice ... youve have a friend ....HHHaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 19, 2021 18:56

i really like Chris Jagger's music. i saw him at the Bottom Line in the mid 90s. Most of his songs with Mick are excellent too.

DJ Blues above;
Will Ya Wont you: [www.youtube.com]
Stand up for the Foot: [www.youtube.com]

Even Handful of Dust from '73 isn't bad (though I cant find the version with Mick singing backup online to post)

and Dead Flowers as a live duet: [www.youtube.com]

Here is one of Chris's, sans Mick:
[www.youtube.com] (this video has a cool pic of Mick and Chris at the beach as young kids)

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 15:55

Thanks for the info! This should be really good. I love the song and video of them two!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home