Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: An IORR app would be great!
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: December 5, 2021 00:58

Pure garbage. Had not been updated in some parts for years. Do they even use it anymore?

In regards to Stones long forgotten app someone mentioned that I thought I was responding to.

This Office 1997 or is it Office 1995 web page interface keeps messing me up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-05 01:08 by chevysales.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: December 5, 2021 01:39

bv
JDSAM1994
What about some IORR merch? Like the shidoobee shirts. Just not ugly shirts (don’t hate me)

There have been times during this tour, after long hours of IORR work, and little sleep, when I ask myself if enough is enough. Then organizing Stones Shop, which I did many years ago, would be like suicide. I think it is better with IORR like it is now, than no IORR at all, because I just retire from it all. It's all about workload. There isn't really any staff here.

We appreciate all that you do! Thank you!! Every time you post something it’s always very neutral and professional. I’m a pretty young guy, I’d be willing to help out in the future to keep this great site going.

The person who runs rolling stones data on Facebook sometimes asks for donations which is understandable, but that’s not everyone’s style

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 5, 2021 15:55

A technique often used to make websites readable and usage on all different screen sizes is called Responsive Design. On the Safari browser on my Mac I can simulate what it would like on a mobile phone:

So all the info is there, not need to scroll all the time and it is very readable, with keeping the current feel and design.

Of course this would need some work to adjust the css, but it is possible.

Just a thought.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-05 16:11 by Koen.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 5, 2021 16:43

Bjornulf you said enough! Your site always works. You’re the one to operate this site. You have more than enough to maintain it as it is. Okay, maybe oldfashioned, but nothing wrong with old fashion to me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-05 16:49 by Christiaan.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 5, 2021 17:05

And what about us who don't have a smartphone?!
Thankfully I don't need an app or a phone to use IORR.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 5, 2021 17:10

The Worst.

The App was meant as an additional service - not as replacement.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 5, 2021 18:49

nice to have but unnecessary. I'm able to navigate using my mobile pretty easily.

Cost $5000-10000 to create one based on previous experience so if no way to pay for it that is a big ask.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 5, 2021 19:01

While I agree with daspy and the notion that an app is not and likely will never be needed, I do believe a few small changes to the forum would make it a lot easier to read on mobile devices, which is where I almost exclusively read this board. I am a web engineer and would be happy to donate some time if the inclination is there.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 5, 2021 20:13

Very cool offer.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 5, 2021 21:42

Irix
The Worst.

The App was meant as an additional service - not as replacement.

Which means twice the updating, and inevitably the App will gradually take over from the website, and those using the older technology will miss out...

It ain't broke. Don't fix it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 5, 2021 21:45

Green Lady

Which means twice the updating, and inevitably the App will gradually take over from the website, and those using the older technology will miss out...

Website and App can use the same database ....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 6, 2021 15:08

Irix
Green Lady

Website and App can use the same database ....

Technically correct. That is how large multi-million dollar corporations do it.
Such a development project would have a cost, 6 digits usd cost, also annual cost.

Try to reach data from the 90's on any RS app or any other app, then you will see what I mean. Apps are nice for booking tickets on airliners, selling T-shirts or any other items, but long term, say 5-6 years, historic data die, it cost to much to be compatible, most apps deal with recent products, offers and activities.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 6, 2021 15:25

Thanks bv for all. I am happy. Please keep it going as it is. It's just about perfect.

d.f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-06 16:21 by dead.flowers.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home