Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Classic Albums Live
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 8, 2021 15:02

Classic Albums Live is a group of musicians who play albums - note for note, cut for cut. Just learned they are doing Let It Bleed on November 17 & 18 in St Catharines, Ontario (about an hour west of Toronto). I saw them perform Some Girls in 2008 and it was excellent. After they perform the album, they do other various songs by the same artist - after Some Girls, Merry Clayton joined them for Gimme Shelter. Dithering about whether to go, but here’s the info for those inclined.

[www.classicalbumslive.com]

Re: Classic Albums Live
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 8, 2021 20:24

SomeTorontoGirl
Classic Albums Live is a group of musicians who play albums - note for note, cut for cut. Just learned they are doing Let It Bleed on November 17 & 18 in St Catharines, Ontario (about an hour west of Toronto). I saw them perform Some Girls in 2008 and it was excellent. After they perform the album, they do other various songs by the same artist - after Some Girls, Merry Clayton joined them for Gimme Shelter. Dithering about whether to go, but here’s the info for those inclined.

[www.classicalbumslive.com]

Wow. Quite the industrial company. Based on the videos... the Pink Floyd one is the best, followed by LZ. Queen was decent. The rest is just whatever. Seems a bit strange but people just love cover bands for some reason. At least this is devoted to one artist instead of the average classic rock radio station in a club.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 21:02

I've seen them a few times perform Led Zep's Physical Graffiti, II and IV. You close your eyes you'd think Led Zeppelin is on stage.

Date: November 8, 2021 21:10

I have seen them perform Let it Bleed and Sticky Fingers, both were great. After they do the album they play various hits from the same group. At the SF show they did Out of Time and it was amazing.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 21:54

[/quote]Wow. Quite the industrial company. Based on the videos... the Pink Floyd one is the best, followed by LZ. Queen was decent. The rest is just whatever. Seems a bit strange but people just love cover bands for some reason. At least this is devoted to one artist instead of the average classic rock radio station in a club.[/quote]
Well, every philharmonic outfit is a cover band/tribute act, right? So, I like Beethoven's ninth, so waddya gonna do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 21:55 by shawnriffhard1.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 9, 2021 02:03

shawnriffhard1

Wow. Quite the industrial company. Based on the videos... the Pink Floyd one is the best, followed by LZ. Queen was decent. The rest is just whatever. Seems a bit strange but people just love cover bands for some reason. At least this is devoted to one artist instead of the average classic rock radio station in a club.
Well, every philharmonic outfit is a cover band/tribute act, right? So, I like Beethoven's ninth, so waddya gonna do?

Well, that's taking it to a level that is not part of the discussion but, yeah.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home