Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: An interview with Herb Alpert
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:36

Nice read. For a number of us his music during the 1960s was part of our listening experience. I have a few of his albums and the solo album, Sun Down Lady, put out by his wife, Lani Hall, from way back in the early 1970s. She's a great singer.

[bestclassicbands.com]

Re: OT: An interview with Herb Alpert
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:37

I have front row tix to see him April 2022...postponed 3 times since the start of the pandemic!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 28, 2021 22:25

The music of Herb Alpert and the TJB was everywhere during my childhood. He went out of style as tastes changed. Even though he wasn't popular anymore, I never let it go because there is so much joy and positive energy going on in his music. When my kids were little I used to play the TJB for them and they loved it.

A few years back I heard one of his records being played as I walked by a downtown hipster wine bar. No one there was old enough to have any memory of when it was new, or even process it in an ironic context. To them, it was just good music.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: October 28, 2021 22:34

-Hmm, tastes changed. Who is mastering this? The same happened with both Dusty and Nancy as the 60s turned to 70s.

"To them, it was just good music." Would you believe? Almost too good to be true.

My 2 cents: The song mostly known by it`s refrain; "I love you baby" could also be heard among hipsters some years ago.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 29, 2021 05:39

Herb Alpert and the TJB were a huge part of the musical landscape during my youth. He was all over the radio. I always thought he exuded “cool”. When I graduated high school, his “This Guy's in Love With You” was popular and I recall hearing it on the radio as I was driving to our all-night graduation party.

I recently watched the documentary about The Wrecking Crew, with HA making a couple of appearances. I’d love to see him live and after I finish this post I’m going to see when he might be in our area.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 29, 2021 07:07

The TGB was actually the Wrecking Crew. Herb Albert was the only that played. That’s Hal Blaine playing that kick drum on Taste Of Honey
Other brass musicians were used for album pics and live performances

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home