Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Status Quo yesterday, what a fool I am!!!!
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 14, 2005 02:42

Yesterday i went to the Status Quo concert in Schijndel in Holland.
I like Quo a lot but i only know there hit singles. It's easy music but they sure make it rock!

On the long drive to the concert we had a greatest hit type cd playing to get familiar with there music before the concert. I said in the car that i really wanted to hear my favorites Roll over Lay Down, Down Down, Rocking All Over the World and Whatever you Want because i love those songs. They opened with, i think, Caroline and rocked on from there. All the songs were typically Status Quo, twelve bars, a groovy blues sound and sing a long lyrics. Fantastic!!! They played all the songs fast, straight forward and with the guitars really load. I was really enjoying myself. After more than an hour i had heard about 15 songs that i don't think i have ever heard in my live and i was really impressed. I liked all the songs and the audience was great! And then... they played Roll Over Lay Down and the whole place went nuts!!! I was jumping up and down and screaming a long all the lyrics. After this awesome song they played Down Down and what a live song this is. Again i was jumping up and down and couldn't believe i was getting exactly what i wanted to hear and then BANG... it hit me. I was standing in the front pit around all die hard Quo fans. I was that "fan" who knew only there hit singles just like 95 % of the Stones audience. Some fans looked at me, laughed and said "aahh finally the kid knows a song". I really feld like a idiot. I was exactly the same preson we all call the casual Stones fan. They played Rocking Al Over the World (my favorite) and then ended with Whatever You Want. Man what was it a special ending to a concert, we got there four biggest songs in a row to end the show. I couldn't wish for a better ending!!!

After the show was over we walked to the car and i felt like a idiot. Here i am wishing the Stones would play less warhorses and mix up the end more and i loved it when Status Quo did it at exactly the same way and it was the best finish ever!!!! So here by i am convinced that for the Stones it is the best way to end a show and that is is a must to play all the warhorses at every show. Maybe Honky Tonk Women or Start Me Up is getting a bit tyring for me but it sure is the highlight for erveybody else in the stadium!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Status Quo yesterday, what a fool I am!!!!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 14, 2005 09:49

I saw Quo in 1987. A friend who went with me said they played
exactly the same setlist as in London 1977 with just two
exceptions (songs that were made afterwards, what comes to mind
& what I still remember is that "You´re iIn The Army Now" was
added since 77).
They carry a well-chosen name.
Only two things that would make me go see Quo again:
1) Free tix from my radio station
2) That they promised they´d play songs from 1968-69.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 14, 2005 14:48

The mighty Quo are an institution in the UK!!! Bit like HP sauce, the queen and bangers and mash.....

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 15:34

I saw the Quo a couple of years back and loved it. I'm now collecting their albums - Dog of Two Head is the best I've heard so far. Anyone got any recommendations?

By the way, if you go to the Quo message board / forum equivalent to IORR, you will see lots of people complaining about setlists and warhorses etc. Nice to know that we're not the only ones.

I wonder if the fans of Spice Girls had the same discussions?

Date: November 14, 2005 16:39

Actually, a great band! Check out the first 5 albums:

Picturesque Matchstickable Messages From The Status Quo
Spare Parts
Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon
Dog Of Two Head
Piledriver

Everybody who says that they have a well-chosen name will be enormously surprised!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:44

A group of us, go and see them every December at Wembley.
Its not rocket-science, but it's always a good,rocking,fun concert, with everyone enjoying themselves, and getting in the mood for Xmas.

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:50

Yep...and they are soap stars now......

they had the honour of playing at les battersby's wedding!!!!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:50

This is the exact point. This is what 45.000 of 50.000 people that go to see the Stones want to feel like!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:52

Too bad Wuudy. A shame really, but you'll see the Stones next year and you will forget all about these boring boogie-rockers that they have become. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 14, 2005 17:04

lisalover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep...and they are soap stars now......
>
> they had the honour of playing at les battersby's
> wedding!!!!

they sure did!- but will they be wearing neck-braces, at Wembley?

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:08

Also will Candice be back stage

and will Mick and Keef ever appear in Eastenders????

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:09

Reptile, it is indeed what everybody in the stadium wants to experience and i must say it is @#$%& great!!!

It was a different experience in comparison to a stones concert for me. A Stones concert is something great for me because there my biggest band but to be honest i miss the great party that is going on at a Status Quo concert or a AC/DC concert. The fans of those two bands have more of party attitude in comparison to the majority of the stones audience, there more concervative.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: November 14, 2005 17:10

Not sure About Eastenders.
Could definetely picture, Mick , chatting up a blonde, in Hollyoaks.
Or maybe Keith, in Emmerdale, propping up the bar, with the Dingle's , in the Woolpack.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:12

I saw them at the Liverpool Boxing Stadium back in 1973 and they were so loud that it was actually impossible to determine whether they were any good or not. The crowd loved them, went completely bananas, and ripped all of the seats out at the end of the gig to throw at the bouncers. I was deaf the following day.

Happy days.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:16

never heard Status Quo's music until i recently heard "paper plane" on the radio...thought it was a great song!....so, i picked up "Piledriver" and i play the hell out of it!...great album....nice production and excellent rockers and some great, sad ballads as well

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:17

I'm no Status Quo-expert. I only know "WHATEVER YOU WANT!! WHATEVER YOU NEED!!".

Date: November 14, 2005 17:21

lisalover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> and will Mick and Keef ever appear in
> Eastenders????

no but David Essex, soon will be!!

Apparently,soon after The Quo, made their successful, and career-enhancing, appearances on Coronation St, Bono and the boys from U2, made a call to the show, and asked if they could appear in it.
Much to their annoyance, their request , was politely declined.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home