Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Two concerts for Norway rumoured. Halleluja!
Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: November 13, 2005 19:07

Bergen and Oslo rumoured! I can't believe it even though it's only rumours, but no smoke without fire.

Re: Two concerts for Norway rumoured. Halleluja!
Posted by: Heartbraker ()
Date: November 13, 2005 21:23

Great news, any comment on that Bjørnulf?

It´s good to be norwegian after all I suppose..

Anders

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 13, 2005 22:04

I have not been to Norway before. Are Bergen and Oslo near each other?

Date: November 13, 2005 22:43

Bergen is situated behind the mountains on the west coast. Oslo is in the eastern region. Three quarters of an hour by plane from Gardermoen (Oslo) to Flesland (Bergen).

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2005 00:52

If they end up playing both places then I would recommend taking the train between Olso and Bergen. The city of Bergen is listed as a Unesco World heritage city with it's old Bryggen center. They are 900 years old wooden houses stacked next to each others, still in use. The show will be between the 7 mountains, in the city center area, if it happens. Most of us Norwegians don't bother about it because we have seen the mountains and the fjords but if you travel you will be pretty impressed. And the train ride 8 hours across the steep mountains is usually something tourists from all over the world come for on it's own. And if you make a short 2-3 hours stop-over half-way to Bergen at the mountain top level station Myrdal you can take a side trip which is even more world famous - Flåmsbanen. Right now it is 60% chance they do both shows. The only problem might be logistics getting the trucks over the mountains. It takes 8 hours each way, probably more for the trucks. But there are serions talks, and the budgets are taken care of it seems. With a location far west in Norway, and being played in June, it will be a truely twilight show. The sun will not be down until after 11pm or so in Bergen, i.e. after the show.

Flåmsbanen:
[www.visitflam.com]

Bergen - use the link "This is Bergen":
[www.visitbergen.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-14 01:03 by bv.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 14, 2005 02:26

I hope this concert will take place! I saw Bob Dylan in Bergen in 2001, and it was a really nice atmosphere there. Bob enjoyed it too. You people from the rest of Europe, should take the trip over here, and bring your families too. Recommended!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 14, 2005 19:10

I saw Bob Dylan in Trondheim in 2001, and it was a really lame atmosphere there. Is Oslo Spectrum history?

Date: November 14, 2005 19:41

This is too good to be true. Now I don't mind if they dump Copenhagen. Let's have Bergen, the train-ride.....and then perhaps Forum Horsens ( where Kent will arrange the biggest Stones-party ever in Denmark )

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 15, 2005 11:46

They will still play in denmark of course. Like they do on very tour. But it seems like the plans for arena shows have been replaced by mostly stadium shows, except for some arena at the end of the tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 15, 2005 12:01

That's a great post. Mostly Stadiums. Even if the intimacy of arena provides better shows as far as music is concerned, I always shared with others that the Stones legacy should brougt to the numerous and not only to an elite or lucky people who got the chance to buy a ticket because they have the money.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 15, 2005 12:25

I am very happy that I was able to see 3 arena shows in the US now, because I was expecting that they will skip the arena type at all in Europe.
Arena shows are much more my favourite. I assume most of these arena shows will be taken place in England where they are able to charge similar ticketprices as to the US.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: November 15, 2005 12:52

OK, are we talking about BRANN stadion here, or downtown Bergen, Torgalmenningen? I suppose Idar Vollebekk (the gründer of Chess mobile phones) is paying for the fun, at least in Bergen, right? Better keep our credit cards ready! Looking forward to this. All the best.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 15, 2005 14:21

If Norway gets 2 concerts then maybe there's hope for 2 concerts in Denmark. 1 in Copenhagen and 1 in Horsens. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 15, 2005 15:15

What is the difference between stadium and arena?

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 15, 2005 15:22

Stadium is the big thing with the huge stage. Arena show is indoors and has a smaller stage. The b-stage is the same on both sets.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 15, 2005 15:26

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They will still play in denmark of course. Like
> they do on very tour. But it seems like the plans
> for arena shows have been replaced by mostly
> stadium shows, except for some arena at the end of
> the tour.
>
> Bjornulf

I hope you mean no arena shows only for Denmark....... Otherwise they won't sell a single membership anymore

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 15, 2005 16:39

BV: Will you be hosting the pre-show gathering?!!! Sounds like a beautiful place to visit.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 15, 2005 16:50

Why do almost people wish arena instead of stadium ? I find out this very strange. In other words what is to be wished: Stones music thrown in a corner for the joyness of 15 000 people or Stones R&R shared by a 60 000 audience

Date: November 15, 2005 18:22

In the summertime in Scandinavia the sun keeps shining almost till midnight. An arena-show provides darkness which makes the light show come to its right. But having experiensed both, I prefer stadium-shows. But nothing comes close to the club shows. I will never - never - in my whole life forget the Stockholm Cirkus 23rd of July 2003 before an audience of 1800!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home