Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

So what is the deal with the memberships for Europe?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 13, 2005 18:30

Am I wrong or do we all (who havenĀ“t used the code)
have to do anything to keep the code valid?

If yes: what?
If no: ok.

Re: So what is the deal with the memberships for Europe?
Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: November 13, 2005 18:52

NO, the code stays.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 13, 2005 19:11

>> NO, the code stays. <<

actually it doesn't. there's a whole new "system" with the presale codes.
none of the old ones are valid anymore; and from now on there will be "gig-specific" codes:
you have to ask for a code for the specific gig you want to look at the presale for,
and then even if you don't buy any tickets you can't get into any other presales.
here's an rs.com thread that's trying to get some clarity about it:
[www.rollingstones.com]

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 13, 2005 20:42

Awright, bad news! Sounds complicated if we are in a hurry for a special small venue.

But thanks, with sssoul!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 14, 2005 09:50

That means that the 2 codes I got can be thrown in the dutsbin. Stated somewhere on the official web prior to buy them that they were valid 1 year which upon my calculation covered the European leg.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 14, 2005 14:29

Yuo have to ask for refund and then buy new ones. That's that's the only chance you have. I also asked now for refund as I kept one code for Europe and/or in case I need it for US. But now all gone.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 14, 2005 14:49

This below, is from the RollingStones.com link:

[www.rollingstones.com]

----------------------

The "IMPORTANT NOTES" section is of particular interest to those that have (like me) purchased a RollingStones.com Platinum Membership, during the USA pre-sale phase. As some others have pointed out the whole thing is not straight-forward and I think RollingStones.com should have simplified it or be thinking of doing so in advance of the rest of the World presales starting.

SD

----------------------

"HELP

How To Use The RollingStones.com Ticket Pre-Sale System:

To take advantage of the current RollingStones.com Ticket Pre-sale, please follow these quick steps:

Step #1:

Visit the following link: [tickets.rollingstones.com]

Find the show you want to attend and look under the column called 'FanClub Tickets'.

Step #2:

If you see 'GET TICKETS' then there are still pre-sale tickets/passcodes available for that event. Otherwise, it will state "ALLOTMENT GONE" which means there are no more presale tickets available for that event.

Step #3:

If you are able to click 'GET TICKETS', you will be shown a page confirming the show you chose. To proceed, you must read and agree to the terms of the Pre-Sale System on RollingStones.com.

Step #4:

Click the check box to agree to these terms and you can continue to next step.

Step #5:

If you are already logged in to RollingStones.com, just click continue. Otherwise, you will see a login form where you can enter your username and password to continue.

Step # 6

The next page again confirms your selection. If it is correct and you want to obtain the RollingStones.com passcode for this event, click continue.

Step #7:

The next page provides you with the passcode and a link to a ticketing agent (likely Ticketmaster or eTix) where you will go to actually order and check out the tickets using the Pre-Sale passcode. You will also receive a confirmation email with these details and your passcode for your reference.

This page also provides many details about the pre-sale so review it carefully.

NOTE: If you are purchasing pre-sale tickets from eTix, please be aware that your passcode acts as BOTH your username and password. Please copy your passcode into both the username and the password box to proceed.

Step #8:

The ticket agent (likely Ticketmaster or eTix) will send you an order confirmation email after you successfully order your tickets.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

* If you've already signed up during the North American presales, the code you received at sign-up is no longer active. If you did not use your code to buy presale tickets, you will need to follow the instructions above to receive a new code.

* We will be offering early presale access windows for our "Pre-May 9th" members. However, because of the different ticketing agents in various locations we cannot guarantee we will be able to provide early access windows for all shows.

* In order to receive an active code, you now must visit the tickets page (rollingstones.com/tickets) during the pre-sale and select a show for which you would like to purchase tickets. After selecting the show you will be given a unique code good only to purchase tickets for the selected show. Please select the show you want carefully: once you have received a code allowing you to purchase tickets for a specific show, you will not be eligible for a new code for use with this or any future shows.

* A membership entitles you to one passcode only.

* If you still have an active code and you no longer wish to purchase tickets, remember that you have the option of redeeming your code for your money back. To view details of our money back guarantee please click here.

If this did not answer your question, please feel free to contact us."

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 14, 2005 15:09

Thanks to all for the good advice

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: November 14, 2005 15:32

That seems complicated but that's ok. we will deal with this...

As we are talking about Tour 2006. any idea when they will announce the European Tour ??

It was rumoured to be today so....what is the other option ? 10th December ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:08

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >> NO, the code stays. <<
>
> actually it doesn't. there's a whole new "system"
> with the presale codes.
> none of the old ones are valid anymore; and from
> now on there will be "gig-specific" codes:
> you have to ask for a code for the specific gig
> you want to look at the presale for,
> and then even if you don't buy any tickets you
> can't get into any other presales.
> here's an rs.com thread that's trying to get some
> clarity about it:
>

as usual they change the rules when the tour leaves the US to the detriment of fans who live in the rest of the world

its nonsensical...not all of the shows are going to be announced at the same time, after all.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:16

actually i'd feel appeased if they'd simply admit that the new policy is unfair to the fanclub members outside of North America.
instead they're saying it's all cool because "most people are planning to use their presale privileges on gigs in their hometowns anyway" -
like ... right! i am sure looking forward to welcoming the Stones to Wroclaw,
but that particular gig i was planning to take my chances in the parking lot. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-14 17:36 by with sssoul.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 21:36

And you have to be a member of the EU since the last tour.

Kidding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1264
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home