Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

San Diego was terrific! Thoughts....
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: November 13, 2005 10:02

Hello Stones junkies,

The show in San Diego was my first one for the ABB tour. I must say that getting treated to "As tears go by" (second time since the Bowl) was a major highlight. Man, that was practically worth the price of admission. I loved how they kept the continuity going with a B-stage "Get off my cloud" which sounded on fire and great. Of course I agree with the majority of people on this board who wish there were less warhorses but overall the show was freaking terrific and the scene at Petco had epic proportions to it. I never get sick of "Tumbling Dice" and I always love hearing that one. "She's so cold" was refreshing for sure. When Lisa started belting out "I wanna make looooove to you tonight" during "Night Time" it was totally hot as she grinded her hot ass into Mick's solidier boy. The version of "Midnight Rambler" sounded terrific as usual and it was one of the other big big highlights for me. I don't consider this a warhorse but a fundamental part of a great Stones show. The "Rocks Off" they did was dead on the money I thought. Of course it wasn't anywhere near the 1994 Voodoo Lounge Halloween Oakland treatment, but I won't complain. I was definitely grooving to it. "Slipping Away" was such a wonderful alternative to "The Worst". I just love that song and can never get sick of that either. I loved hearing "Infamy" since I had never seen it live before. On a final note "It won't take long" was a good pick from the new album I thought. The best song from the new album imho is "Oh no not you again".

Anyway, I may see the show in Phoenix but most likely will miss it and catch the Montreal and East Coast shows instead.

For anyone who hasn't seen the show yet, don't you dare miss it!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Re: San Diego was terrific! Thoughts....
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 13, 2005 12:04

They did Rocks Off? Cool!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 14, 2005 01:21

as tears go by followed by MR, followed by RO - i couldn't believe it. and another mind-blowing satisfaction. i had the greatest seat on stage with the mick keith and ron all attending to me - it was one of the top best stones shows i've seen and i've had insomnia ever since!

Date: November 14, 2005 04:01

Little Queenie,

Great show indeed! I was 14 rows back on stage left. I loved the show totally! I just wish that I know how to use Azeurus.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 14, 2005 06:32

Jagger quote about the ATGB in 1995:

"I wrote the lyrics, and Keith wrote the melody. It's a very melancholy
song for a 21-year-old to write: The evening of the day, watching children
play - it's very dumb and naive, but it's got a very sad sort of thing
about it, almost like an older person might write. You know, it's like a
metaphor for being old: You're watching children playing and realizing
you're not a child. It's a relatively mature song considering the rest of
the output at the time. And we didn't think of doing it, because the
Rolling Stones were a butch Blues group. But Marianne Faithfull's version
was already a big, proven hit song... It was one of the first things I ever
wrote."......... all u fans on west coast very lucky 2 hav seen this historic ballad done live

Date: November 14, 2005 07:07

Charles, what is Azeurus? Did you see the woman with long red gloves On Stage (stage right)? That was me!

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 14, 2005 14:36

it was my 7th and last for the US leg and it was amazing again.
One of the longest sets during this tour and very good. Though it was an outdoor show it felt very small as the stadium is very little in square, but very high in the sections.

Date: November 14, 2005 18:44

Little Queenie,

Were you on the stage with them? You were on Ronnie's side? Send me a pic.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 14, 2005 21:13

It was an amazing show. I was onstage too.

Date: November 14, 2005 21:30

Charles, give me your email address and I'll send one - I don't have the knowhow to post one on my website (someone else does that and I have to pay them).

Dan, did you hear me yelling like crazy when Keith sat down with the acoustic guitar for ATGB? It was dead silent otherwise - I don't think people know what was coming but I knew after reading about the Hollywood Bowl! Keith looked up and gave me a big smile then came over and stood below me after the song... Hearing that song was one of the best moments of my life!

Date: November 14, 2005 21:40

Azeurus is the software that you can download to enable torrent downloads. I downloaded but I can't dowload any torrents. see this link: [www.stonesvikings.com]

You will need java installed on your computer as well.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1608
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home