Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thoughts on Sad Sad Sad
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 13, 2005 00:37

Is this song good?? Seems another one of those songs Jagger would like to do Live if was more poular receptive. Well then again he insists on playing Miss You & You Got me Rocking though, so that blows that theory.

Good opening # for an an album? Think better opener than Flip Switch or If you can't Rock me. I think B level or 7.2/10 About right right?

Rehearse this quite a bit I think. Think its underated? Anybody really passionate about it??? James

Re: Thoughts on Sad Sad Sad
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 13, 2005 00:46

imo better live than studio,my fav is the A. City 89 dvd version , keith doin a incredible solo ,,but he was just showin off 2 the cameras,the 1 on flashpoint i like also ,

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 13, 2005 00:49

Yes, it was a good beginning for the comeback LP. Nothing REALLY classic, but nice! By the way, I think If You Cant Rock Me is a hell of a rocking track.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 13, 2005 00:50

weak opening song. i much prefer flip the switch, rj,one hit, undercover, smu, etc, etc ,etc. i give it 6.5 or c- live.i don't find it had the lasting power of other songs.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: November 13, 2005 01:01

I normally don't give songs perfect scores of 10, but this one I will! I absolutely love this tune! From the opening riff to the "you're gonna be fine, fine, fine" line at the end, this song is rip-roarin' good fun! The only problem I have with it is that it's not all that great live imo. But arguably the best track off of Steel Wheels.smiling smiley

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 13, 2005 01:28

Stones89 we have our 1st passionate one for Sad Sad Sad!!!!!!!! Well alright!!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 13, 2005 01:33

On Flashpoint, Sad Sad Sad and Start Me Up are somewhat equal.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 13, 2005 07:35

I think this song is excellent. It reminded me of "Rocks Off" when I first heard it. I don't understand what it is people don't like about it? I guess I should ask keith...

cc

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 13, 2005 13:54

I like it. Cool opener. And it was great at the surprise gig in Palais Royale in 2002.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: November 13, 2005 15:45

The song's ok, but the sound and the mix is terrible, some kind of eighties pop sound. The song is lacking some drivin' groove.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 13, 2005 15:49

well think it's one of the best songs on steel wheels, i give it a 7.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 13, 2005 16:16

micawber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The song's ok, but the sound and the mix is
> terrible, some kind of eighties pop sound. The
> song is lacking some drivin' groove.

Do you have the origninal CBS record?

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 13, 2005 16:59

What do y'all think the song is about? I have an idea but would like to read yours' first...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: November 13, 2005 17:05

Sure. It sounds kinda thin to me.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 13, 2005 17:26

micawber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure. It sounds kinda thin to me.

I agree, sounds like a rush job to me everytime I hear it.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 13, 2005 20:55

I love the song and more importantly I love hearing it live. Real rocking, real attitude. It's one song I really want to hear on this tour, although I'm not holding my breath.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 04:49

Lame lame lame

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 05:22

It's a good kick-off song for Steel Wheels. Rubbish lyrics, but it has a great vibe, uptempo, great drums and guitar.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: November 14, 2005 15:24

@James Lynn:
not a bad song, but If you can't Rock me and most of their other openers are better...

Date: November 14, 2005 15:34

A very mediocre song but then again the whole STEELS WHEELS was very mediocre. If there are bad Stones albums this is one of them. Nothing really outstanding on it. Just two so la la songs ("Mixed emotions" and "Rock and a hard place"). The album just showed Rolling Stones Incorporated wasn't finished yet.

The following Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle tour was much better than the album however. Followed by one of the worst live albums ever though.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 15:36

I love this one live. I also love Rock and a Hard Place too, both would be welcome on a setlist for me.

I loved Mixed Emotions record but not live.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home