Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Where's Mick?
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: October 9, 2021 21:59

Mick Jagger is a marketing machine.

His most recent campaign, which may have started accidentally, is now turning into "Where's Waldo?" or "Where's Wally" ... as its known in the UK.

Looks like his accomplice is Matt Clifford, while Matt Lee is hot on his trail.

Seems like the day/night before the show is the time.

The place rotates from nature (trails and wild animals) to iconic (Arch, Crossing Broadway in Nashville's Honky-Tonk District) to ironic (Thirsty Beaver or a junkyard)

Lots of cities left, so the plot thickens..

Will he visit the Dylan mural in Dinkytown, Griffith Park in Hollywood or The Varsity in Atlanta? Gotta get some footage of the Grassy Knoll in Dallas, Mussso and Franks neon sign or the front porch at Hitsville, USA, right?

Who knows, maybe he and Matt can get a 630pm slot at the Continental Club- that's guaranteed to help fill up that big speedway, and what a great way to close the tour out with a bang.

Fun stuff, way to make it interesting Mick.

Re: Where's Mick?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2021 22:33

Hope ya wont see me in my ragged company
................ Dead Flowers - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 9, 2021 22:36

No mistaking Mick's wave winking smiley

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 9, 2021 23:51

I thinks it great

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 10, 2021 00:11

Great stuff. thumbs up

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 10, 2021 00:22

He's great.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:35

Mick is no shrinking violet.

He's making up for lost time during the lockdowns.

Breaking loose - and great PR in the process.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 10, 2021 14:08

It's cool when he actually manages to get out but his local references during the concerts are ham-fisted and completely over the top

Date: October 10, 2021 14:08

...by now

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 10, 2021 15:09

I'm hoping he comes down to Sarasota for a visit....he has a new home here...and the show in Tampa is on the 29th....see ya around Mick!

Date: October 10, 2021 17:32

Nikkei
It's cool when he actually manages to get out but his local references during the concerts are ham-fisted and completely over the top

I sort of agree (when I've been at gigs in towns I know and I 'get' the references) but equally I've noticed the people around often lap it up and appreciate the effort he makes to personalise the show. Even more when he tries to do it in their language. He's a fluent French speaker (with a dodgy accent like most Brits) but I think most of the the other languages are just phonetic learns but he does make a big effort.

Date: October 10, 2021 17:44

Lady Jayne
Nikkei

I sort of agree (when I've been at gigs in towns I know and I 'get' the references) but equally I've noticed the people around often lap it up and appreciate the effort he makes to personalise the show. Even more when he tries to do it in their language. He's a fluent French speaker (with a dodgy accent like most Brits) but I think most of the the other languages are just phonetic learns but he does make a big effort.

Someone (him?) on his team does an excellent job researching current trends in the cities. He not only gets obvious local references but often times a bit more obscure and topical.

Love it..
In hometown Seattle show last tour he pulled out all the stops,
local gay bar/ hot dog mashup included, as well as the obvious "great to be down here amongst the 12's" type lines.

As he's made "mick-about-town" selfies more of a thing this tour, curious as to where he'll pop-up now in LA and Vegas smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:50

I very much enjoy the local references, even when I have no knowledge of the places/things mentioned.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 10, 2021 19:48

Lady Jayne
Nikkei

I have to say the foreign languages I also like but I draw the line when he starts about sandwiches

Date: October 10, 2021 20:16

Nikkei
Lady Jayne
Nikkei

I have to say the foreign languages I also like but I draw the line when he starts about sandwiches

I always laugh when he mentions the local - usually unhealthy - food item he has allegedly enjoyed. I highly doubt anything as 'carb-y' as a sandwich has passed his lips since the 1990's!

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: October 11, 2021 00:38

Yeah I remember in jersey 2019 he said ate a taylor ham [porkroll] sandwich at tictoc diner. crowd loved it! Diner owner said the place was packed that nite & next a.m.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: October 11, 2021 00:43

"I had a good time last night," the band's 78-year-old frontman told his audience.

"I went to Printers Alley and sang 'Honky Tonk Women' in a karaoke bar. I crashed a bachelorette party on a pedal tavern. They loved my Goo Goo Clusters. We all ended up at the Wild Beaver riding a mechanical bull."

[www.usatoday.com]

These video clips should surface shortly ...

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 11, 2021 08:36

I did this first one in St.Louis and then kind of got on a roll...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 09:03 by mattleeuk.

Date: October 11, 2021 08:37

Charlotte, Not quite the same the morning after...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 09:04 by mattleeuk.

Date: October 11, 2021 08:38

Pittsburgh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 09:04 by mattleeuk.

Date: October 11, 2021 08:44

Then came Nashville and Mick really stepped it up with 4 photos and a video!

The Stadium, that was easy!

Finding the right pile of scrap was a lot harder!

Found the right park

But oh deer :-( I tried

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 11, 2021 09:00

mattleeuk is an unsung genius.

Date: October 11, 2021 09:18

Date: October 11, 2021 12:59

Lol.

Great shots and video Matt smileys with beer

Posted by: MegabenAustralia ()
Date: October 11, 2021 13:25

Hahahahahaha,Great post smiling smiley

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: October 11, 2021 13:40

This is réally funny. smiling bouncing smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smiley

Thx Matt!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:16

Love the matched pics!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:54

mrjones
Yeah I remember in jersey 2019 he said ate a taylor ham [porkroll] sandwich at tictoc diner. crowd loved it! Diner owner said the place was packed that nite & next a.m.

He made reference to eating chips with salt and sauce in Edinburgh 2018. Chips in Scotland are called "fries" in the USA. Salt and sauce is a very Edinburgh way of eating them - the rest of the country goes for salt and vinegar. So I understand - haven't eaten chips out of a chip shop for decades!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2021 02:58

teleblaster
mrjones

He made reference to eating chips with salt and sauce in Edinburgh 2018. Chips in Scotland are called "fries" in the USA. Salt and sauce is a very Edinburgh way of eating them - the rest of the country goes for salt and vinegar. So I understand - haven't eaten chips out of a chip shop for decades!

Apparently there was a fight in said shop the other night. Fish got quite battered.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home