Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Sirius Radio
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 11, 2005 16:21

By now most of you know that Sirius radio offers an all Stones station. I got Sirius Tuesday and heard a live version of ONNYA. Does anyone know what it's from?

This station is simply awesome.Siruis is great. I've been switching between the Stones, old school rap, raggae, and blues stations all week.

To hell with commercial radio!!!

Re: Stones Sirius Radio
Date: November 11, 2005 16:30

Sirius is top notch!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 11, 2005 18:54

other than the Stone station, what else is good on Sirius. i have been thinking of getting it for the NBA games.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: November 11, 2005 19:03

I wish the Stones would have gone with XM. Sirrus is not financially stable and are really in the hole with the 500 million wasted on Howard Stern.

XM is financially solid, their equipment and devices used to get music are way better than Sirrus and their signal carries better, in my opinion.

Milo, NYC
Its very complicated

Date: November 11, 2005 19:10

Sirius has good sports talk (ESPN) and cool old school country rap and R&B stations. I donlt know about XM. I got Sirius with my car.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 11, 2005 19:48

Sounds like Milo is an XM shareholder. While I'm not a big fan of Stern , I am a big fan of Sirius. Lots of good programming (sports, 70's, 80's, 60's, reggae, blues,etc.) especially Channel 98 (Stones). That said, my friends with XM seem just as happy as I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-11 20:21 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 11, 2005 19:51

Ok, but back to the original question. I'm also wondering what live version he heard!

Date: November 11, 2005 20:07

yes, Reptile me too. I wasn't from the Fenway shows and it sounded like a big audience

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 11, 2005 20:09

There's a live version of ONNYA from Seattle posted on RS.com I wonder if Sirius has access to that?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 11, 2005 23:42

Wow, this is a very sirius thread. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Posted by: Devyn ()
Date: November 12, 2005 00:14

I too love the Stones on Sirius, however I had quite a scare a few weeks ago when they changed channels from 99 to 98. I didn't hear any promo explaining this. I thought they were gone. Does anyone know how long this deal is for? Is it just to support the tour or a more permanent thing? I hope it's permanent, however, I find that now I REALLY never listen to anything but the Stones!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 12, 2005 00:21

they just gave the Boss his own channel also ,,they announced they would play alot of rare live stuff & outtakes from bruce

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 12, 2005 00:25

Excuse Moi, what is Sirius? American sattelite radio??

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 12, 2005 00:26

Yeah, Bruce's channel is good relief for those of us who get addicted to the Stones channel.

Posted by: Devyn ()
Date: November 12, 2005 00:27

Yes, Sirius is american satellite radio. It costs about 10 bucks a month.

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: November 12, 2005 00:58

Sirius is great. The Underground Garage is excellent, as is Sirius Disorder. I wish the Stones channel would go deeper. I tend to hear a lot of the same stuff every time I tune in. I can't wait for Howard to start!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 12, 2005 01:17

If anyone's interested, Sirius offers a 3 day online trial of the Stones station.

[mpcache.sirius.com];

Date: November 12, 2005 03:05

I just heard Happy from the Woodstock Rehearsals. This station can play boots? Does anyone know the details of their agreement with the Stones.

I apologize to non U.S. residents for not explaining what Sirius is. I thought it was a global network because it's satellite

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home