Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Voodoo Lounge Should be the Next Deluxe Release
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 26, 2021 17:44

When I first thought of this topic a few days ago, my argument for making VL the next deluxe release were the obvious ones: “Jump On Top Of Me,” “I’m Gonna Drive,” “The Storm,” “So Young,” “Middle of the Sea,” “Possesses Me,” “Anything For You,” “Make It Now,” “Zip Mouth Angel,” “You Got It Made,” “Ivy League,” “Honest Man,” “Monsoon Rangoon,” “My Love Is My Love,” the Bob Clearmountain mix of “Out of Tears,” “ Another CR.”

But now I think there’s an even better reason: this is Charlie’s Stones album. This is the one where his playing and his beats are at the forefront of everything. Especially on the groove tracks: “Moon Is Up,” “Suck On The Jugular,” “Brand New Car,” and “Baby Break It Down,” and the obscure rockers like “Mean Disposition.”
And it’s an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-26 18:13 by stevecardi.

Re: Voodoo Lounge Should be the Next Deluxe Release
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 18:30

I agree but we're in the minority.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 26, 2021 18:32

my problem w/ Voodoo as a deluxe, although no doubt I would still buy it, is that we pretty much have everything from that album, meaning all sessions, it seems.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 18:34

I listen to Voodoo Lounge with regularity. It is becoming one of my most-listened to Stones albums

There is great variety to the record, and I've found myself learning the guitar parts by ear recently - by playing along to the album

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 26, 2021 18:49

The best post tattoo you album
We are in minority
A very productiv time for them. It is mot Pathe Marconi, but Ireland made them a kind of prolific
Was it recorded there?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 26, 2021 18:57

Count me in as a yes. There's so much they can do with this one, audio, video and great photos by Anton Corbijn.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 26, 2021 19:09

Yes this is a nice Charlie album, will fire it up...thumbs up I'm still very emotional for Charlie...thanks for providing the beat

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 19:26

Next deluxe:Black and blue or Undercover

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 26, 2021 20:32

stevecardi
When I first thought of this topic a few days ago, my argument for making VL the next deluxe release were the obvious ones: “Jump On Top Of Me,” “I’m Gonna Drive,” “The Storm,” “So Young,” “Middle of the Sea,” “Possesses Me,” “Anything For You,” “Make It Now,” “Zip Mouth Angel,” “You Got It Made,” “Ivy League,” “Honest Man,” “Monsoon Rangoon,” “My Love Is My Love,” the Bob Clearmountain mix of “Out of Tears,” “ Another CR.”

But now I think there’s an even better reason: this is Charlie’s Stones album. This is the one where his playing and his beats are at the forefront of everything. Especially on the groove tracks: “Moon Is Up,” “Suck On The Jugular,” “Brand New Car,” and “Baby Break It Down,” and the obscure rockers like “Mean Disposition.”
And it’s an absolute pleasure to listen to.

I agree thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 26, 2021 21:05

It wasn't a great album to begin with. I certainly wouldn't be interested in a remastered, 5.1 Dolby ATMOS Blu Ray CD. I never listen to Post Wyman Stones albums, except for the occasional cut.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 21:23

I personally love the album but with "Voodoo Stew", "Voodoo Brew" and the easy to obtain B-sides, we mostly have everything we need - no? I'd rather they dip back to "It's Only Rock and Roll" and clear the decks of any outtakes from 71-74 that have not gone out yet.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 26, 2021 21:24

Black and Blue is my preferred next deluxe..

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 26, 2021 21:26

bakersfield
Black and Blue is my preferred next deluxe..

Same here.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 26, 2021 21:48

It doesn't matter to me. I don't need more re-releases. What I'm thinking about is who will administrate these re-releases when Sir Michael gets too old?
Who will be in charge of the vault? Maybe they should do like Bob, Jacko and the Beatles and sell the rights to someone?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 26, 2021 22:00

I listen to it often - Keith's mystery guitar on You Got Me Rockin - solidbody dobro - Keith's guitar really sound awesome on the studio version.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 22:22

I mean as Voodoo Lounge lies only two albums of originals back I would be fine with them using some of the great outtakes to make a new album or to finish the one they're so reluctant to release. Would make a modern day Tattoo You...

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 26, 2021 23:55

I'd like to know why we have to have re-releases at all. All I ever want is the outtakes - why don't they just do a boxed set of the outtakes like the Bob Dylan series?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 27, 2021 01:50

Nah, man got a ton of unreleased stuff from 94 in perfect quality already.

Posted by: mmurphy0817 ()
Date: August 27, 2021 01:57

I love Voodoo and think it is a very under rated album. I would be glad if it was the next reissue.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 27, 2021 03:43

When it came out someone told me it was the best album since EOMS. I don't agree although it had a few quite good tracks. My favourite is Moon Is Up (might be in the minority there though).

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 27, 2021 04:40

terraplane
When it came out someone told me it was the best album since EOMS. I don't agree although it had a few quite good tracks. My favourite is Moon Is Up (might be in the minority there though).

It is the best album ever. Not since. hot smiley The variety, the sound, the thumping drums alllll the way thru, the dripping sex appeal. It's one step removed from a night out at a strip club, or having a new adventurous night home with the Mrs. in the red room. Start to finish (minus Mean Disposition because I grew up on the cassette and the album IS better ending at Thru and Thru and not with MD as the CD does), it is the album I have listened to the most, and it's the ONE tour I'd wished I'd seen.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 27, 2021 05:00

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I def appreciate it. My main idea for a VL deluxe release was the quality of the demos and b-sides: I always feel they are worthy of an official release. I also think some of the demos like “Anything For You” are perfect examples of songs Mick and Keith could go back to and finish a-la a second Tattoo You. Likewise, the studio version of “You Got Me Rocking” just doesn’t do that that song justice: it makes for a great remix that, if brought closer to the sound and feel of the live versions, would bring its potential out.

But given the events of the last few days, I really think it would be a nice way to honor Charlie: this is the album where his drumming is at the forefront of everything.

This is Charlie’s album.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 27, 2021 05:48

Sometime after VL came out, I roughly remember Mick saying in an interview, “Overall I’m satisfied with it, but dropping groove songs and African tunes was wrong,” or something to that effect — a remark that sticks in my mind after all these years. What tracks did he indicate, and how would an ‘alternative’ VL have turned out to be..?

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 27, 2021 11:11

Prairie Love, Jump on top of me and I'm gonna drive are pretty groovy..

I love VL. Especially the second part of the album. Tunes like Moon is Up, Thru and Thru, Baby brake it down, Suck on the jugular. Back when the album released I was 15 years old and I prefered songs like Sparks will Fly, I Go Wild and YGMR. They don't do that much for me nowadays.. New Faces and Sweethearts Together are way to sweet for me. I always skip those.

We know there is a lot of outtake material from the VL sessions. A deluxe version with outtakes is a no-brainer. Steel Wheels too by the way. The only great Stones album that should have a similar treatment would be Black & Blue. Releasing deluxe versions of Undercover or Dirty Work would be.. quite sad...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2021 11:44

Releasing deluxe versions of Undercover or Dirty Work would be.. quite sad...

Sad !!!! REALLY ... I'd be doin cart-wheels in the nude ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 27, 2021 12:21

I mean that Dirty Work isn't the best Stones album around there, to say the least. Arguably their worst. The dessert would be better than the main course smiling smiley

Date: August 27, 2021 13:04

.... okay ribbel ... i get ya drift man ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 27, 2021 13:11

Rockman
Releasing deluxe versions of Undercover or Dirty Work would be.. quite sad...

Sad !!!! REALLY ... I'd be doin cart-wheels in the nude ......

Most of the material listed here is not even demos, just song ideas only hardcore fans would find enjoyable.
There's one exception though : "Loving You" where Charlie plays great.

Date: August 27, 2021 13:15

.... me hardcore ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 27, 2021 13:20

Yeah me hardcore .... so there's one copy sold ...... HHHAAA..

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home