Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1964 Ready Steady Go! Mod Ball 8mm footage
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 24, 2021 11:52

Re: 1964 Ready Steady Go! Mod Ball 8mm footage
Date: August 24, 2021 15:08

Love this! Very cool to see Ian Stewart up there on stage. They're all laughing and having a blast.

Cool story, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 15:22 by Memo From Tina Turner.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 24, 2021 18:02

This is great, thanks!

The whole "mods vs rockers" thing in England is one that I don't know much about but would like to research more.
Assuming the Stones, while here playing the "mod ball" attracted the "rockers" because of the music, or did the rockers/bikers show up just to mess with the mods?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 24, 2021 18:10

Nice one Cristiano.

Thanks for posting. smileys with beer

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 23:31

MisterDDDD
This is great, thanks!

The whole "mods vs rockers" thing in England is one that I don't know much about but would like to research more.
Assuming the Stones, while here playing the "mod ball" attracted the "rockers" because of the music, or did the rockers/bikers show up just to mess with the mods?

I remember seeing an interview with Ringo asking whether he was a mod or a rocker. He said neither, I'm a mocker. Thought that was funny.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:43

They were two rival communities; happenings, you could say. The rockers enjoyed their rock ‘n roll, leather jackets and motorcycles, whilst the mods - short for ‘modernists’ - favoured Italian fashion, scooters, Northern Soul and Motown. The Mods were the future; the rockers, the past. With that I’m mind, I’ve always felt the mod revivalist movement to be daft.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 21:09

Big Al
They were two rival communities; happenings, you could say. The rockers enjoyed their rock ‘n roll, leather jackets and motorcycles, whilst the mods - short for ‘modernists’ - favoured Italian fashion, scooters, Northern Soul and Motown. The Mods were the future; the rockers, the past. With that I’m mind, I’ve always felt the mod revivalist movement to be daft.

Recent Who tours show Mods back in the day riding scooters during The Kids Are Alright.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home