Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pretend You Never Heard The Hit Cover Version
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 20, 2021 23:55

This is the 1973 original, produced by Duane Eddy, arranged by Warren Zevon (!?) with James Burton on guitar. Never cared for- well, really disliked... the massive hit cover version but the great Phil Everly slays it...Can you go there?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Pretend You Never Heard The Hit Cover Version
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 21, 2021 01:31

Original written by Albert Hammond and released on his LP It Never Rains In Southern California 1973....

Great version by Phil Everly tough

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 21, 2021 01:42

I stand corrected- thanks Nicos! As the story goes, Allan Clarke initially declined to do the song because he felt he couldnt compete with Phil's interpretation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 01:44 by roryfaninva.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 21, 2021 03:51

What a great version of this song. The Everly Brothers "Wake Up Little Susie" was the first record I ever bought, all 45 rpm of it. Oddly, a few days ago I upon an Everly Brothers song I'd never heard before. Next thing I know I've spent about an hour picking up Every Brothers tunes that were new to me. Now I have a disc's worth of tunes to listen to. Like many performers/groups from back in the day they have a large discography to explore.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:46

Well this takes on added poignance now, doesn't it? It's really good, too. Thanks for posting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home