Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
HOLLYWOOD COOL....not so HOT!!!!!
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:19

So don't you find it annoying that our boys play the Hollywood Bowl last night and play AS TEARS GO BY plus they introduce a new song off of ABB and the BIG SHOT CELEBS, like Johnny Depp have to remain seated and act so cool, uninvolved and disinterested!?? I wish I'd heard IT WON'T TAKE LONG and AS TEARS GO BY on the same night yet this bunch of bozo actors have to ACT like " it ain't no big thing, it's ONLY the Rolling Stones". Celebs live in such a phony, plastic, surreal world that it must get so tiring to have to act according to some unspoken code. THE CODE SAYS STAY SEATED, ACT LIKE YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS WHILE WATCHING THE STONES PLAY THEIR ASSES OFF! Makes me GLAD I'm just a commoner. And Mr. Depp is SUPPOSED To ADORE KEITH! What's up with his display of disinterest? Makes me sick! Actually I do feel sorry for the lot of them; imagine not being able to dance, yell, sing, scream and just plain cut loose!? I feel bad for the Stones, looking out on a bunch of blank faces, staring straight ahead, vacant expressions, no response. I hope they're used to it. In this case, I hope they just take the $$$$ and RUN!

mickschix

Re: HOLLYWOOD COOL....not so HOT!!!!!
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:22

yeah, i'd love that setlist! i could never sit there on my hands like those celebs. i hope they add those 2 songs to the rest of the tour!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:26

You should have gone up and Bitch slapped him

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:29

hey - for those who saw the Wiltern gig - there were countless celebs who sat on their butts the whole show...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:35

Did you actually see Johnny Depp seemingly being uninvolved Debra? Unless you were there I'm not sure how you could know. But what does it really matter to you or indeed anyone else how others react? Isn't more important how you react?

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:41

The Dean Goodman Iorr review states that Johnny Depp was passive, you can believe him or not. Also, it's pretty cliche to say something like "the most important thing is how you react". It's basic knowledge that rock bands get an energy boost from a responsive audience. They aren't playing Sway anymore, after all.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:42

hey chris, i got a delivery today via mail! I OWE YOU! thanks a million!

Date: November 10, 2005 01:44

Cliche or not, isn't it true? So long as you having a good time why bother with what someone else is doing? That was the crux of the biscuit.

Date: November 10, 2005 01:46

While I agree that one shouldn't get disheartened by other people, it's often a downer to be the only one excited about something in an entire section, and it can have negative effects in terms of the band repeating a song in the next town.

Date: November 10, 2005 01:54

Just read Dean's review and I see your point but for me at least seeming celebrity disinterest is of no consequence. The Stones being celebrities themselves are certainly aware of the public face the famous put one. Which makes me wonder when anyone of Stones go to a show of one of their favorite musicians do they behave the same way? Hmmmmmmm....

Date: November 10, 2005 01:56

Ah JJ! That's great! I was planning to e-mail you and see if you had received the discs. Let us know how you like 'em!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: November 10, 2005 01:57

SOMEGIRL gets my point; audience response DOES matter because it DOES elevate the band and it's pretty damn sad that celebs, the great pretenders, can't even cut the shit for one night. And CHRISM, read SOMEGIRL'S post to get another way of stating my case. It was Dean Goodman's review that I read which stated the response, or lack of it, from Depp was noticeable. The Rolling Stones deserve some kind of ovation, unless they were terrible, which of course they were NOT. I was at a Stones concert in Jan of 1998 at Madison Square Garden and I had a great 7th row floor seat front and center and when the band played START ME UP, I looked to my right, up in the front section of the lower lever was Donald Trump, dressed to kill, and singing his brains out! Dancing all around, clapping and snging, LOUD! It was great to see! I am not a Trump fan but I liked him alot better after that!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 10, 2005 02:09

Then Trump said, "Depp - You're fired!"

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 10, 2005 02:13

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So don't you find it annoying that our boys play
> the Hollywood Bowl last night and play AS TEARS GO
> BY plus they introduce a new song off of ABB and
> the BIG SHOT CELEBS, like Johnny Depp have to
> remain seated and act so cool, uninvolved and
> disinterested!??
What are they supposed to do during As Tears Go By,
get up and dance? lol

Date: November 10, 2005 02:17

Wow! Donald can sing? Your point is taken Debra and I have no problem with it, I just have a different view is all. What I'm trying to say is that the Stones probably were not surprised or even concerned about the "celebrity" reaction of lack thereof and had a good time in spite of it. At least I hope they and everyone else did!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 10, 2005 02:19

i was at the Bowl last night and they showed that phony 2-bit actor Depp "acting" smiling smiley passive on the screen.....big deal!!!.....didnt stop me and 99% of the others from enjoying the show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-10 02:32 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:07

then again do you really think depp knows the stones havent played atgb
since the 60s, he has no idea whats going on, he was just there and thats it

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:10

Pffft! More like Johnny DIPP! Mr. F'n' 21 Jump Street! What a putz! lolsmiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:18

There was a block of may be 100-200 celebrities sitting down in the front center at the show. And then there were close to 18.000 fans up on their feet. Including Jack Nicholson. So don't worry about Johnny Depp. And by the way, he looked cool all through the show but still he might liked it - in fact I could see some smiles and some clapping hands at time still. You don't have to freak out to enjoy a show. So why worry?

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:23

Maybe Johnny Depp was emulating his hero Keith and was too stoned to move!

Posted by: ddurando150 ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:23

he mighta been stoned and just amazed

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:26

ddurando150 Wrote:
> he mighta been stoned and just amazed

nope...just phony & full of himself

Date: November 10, 2005 03:32

melillo Wrote:
> then again do you really think depp knows the
> stones havent played atgb
> since the 60s, he has no idea whats going on, he
> was just there and thats it

Yeah but one does wonder if he was indeed as indifferent as the review says, what he's even doing there. I guess just because of the Pirates link. Oh, and his girlfriend (wife?) recently butchered ATGB, so he may know something about the song, heh.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 10, 2005 03:52

What's ATGB? I am too lazy to mentally run through the list of Stones songs that start with A. Did she really butcher it? Now that you mention it I remember reading she is a French pop star or something, right? Do you have a copy you can post so we can make fun of her? Please say yes!

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 10, 2005 04:01

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> What's ATGB?
the only bad song on Hot Rocks lol

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 10, 2005 04:54

Whatever Depp did or didn't do at the show, I don't understand how that affects his abilities as an actor. So, if anyone can call up one example (of a film) where he didn't do a great job acting, I'd like to hear what it is, because frankly he's an amazing actor who's more than just a haircut or a set of pecs. In my opinion he's as good as Brando or DeNiro at transforming himself into whatever role he's playing.

And as for his "performance" at the show, remember that he wasn't the one that people paid 500 bucks and up to go and see. He's never been big on self-promotion or public displays (unlike Trump, who only seems to be good at promotion), and there's every possibility that he was simply enjoying the groove without wanting to end up on the front page of some rag because of a silly picture or photo op. Moreover, there's every possibility that he said thanks to the band backstage, either before or after the show. After all he's indebted to Keith for the inspiration that is Jack Sparrow, and Depp ain't one to forget the icons that shaped him. If you know the Hunter S, Thompson story, then you'd know that Depp's the genuine article in a world of fakes.

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: November 10, 2005 06:06

Leonard, would you be interested in travelling to MSG? After seeing them at the Bowl, just wanted your honest input...

Thanks, Bill

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: November 10, 2005 06:39

Depp??? he was wasted....what a pretty boy freak!!!!!(great actor)

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: November 10, 2005 09:13

Did anyone notice the reactions from Siegfried and Roy. I bet they were dancin' their arses off.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 10, 2005 09:43

As I got it it Depp is more interested in the
myth & the notion or Image of Keith than the
musician or musical engine - when he´s at it - of
a rock band. Donnow bout his musical taste really.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home