Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 13:44

slewan
ronniewoody91
ngl, not too thrilled about the Gelsenkirchen rumour and it doesn't make too much sense, it's just such a bland and boring and random city (especially considering that almost all other cities on the list are capitols or otherwise nice big meaningful cities in the respective countries) what happened to Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Berlin?

Gelsenkirchen as a city doesn't make sense, but the Ruhr area is the most densly populated regions in Germany. And it doesn't matter to them if the play Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund, Cologne, Düsseldorf or maybe even Bochum. The choice of were to play in (or close to) the Ruhr area is just a matter of available venues.

the argument about population density makes sense yeah...now that you mentioned Bochum I guess Gelsenkirchen wouldn't be the worst choice possible lol...Düsseldorf would be the nicest out of those cities but they've been there twice in more recent years (and I am STILL kinda sad that I didn't go there in 2014 when my friend asked me to come along, could have started my Stones journey 3 years earlier, but I basically just was studying and didn't have money :/..)...still hoping rather for Cologne instead this year winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 10, 2022 14:03

ronniewoody91
slewan
ronniewoody91
ngl, not too thrilled about the Gelsenkirchen rumour and it doesn't make too much sense, it's just such a bland and boring and random city (especially considering that almost all other cities on the list are capitols or otherwise nice big meaningful cities in the respective countries) what happened to Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Berlin?

Gelsenkirchen as a city doesn't make sense, but the Ruhr area is the most densly populated regions in Germany. And it doesn't matter to them if the play Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund, Cologne, Düsseldorf or maybe even Bochum. The choice of were to play in (or close to) the Ruhr area is just a matter of available venues.

the argument about population density makes sense yeah...now that you mentioned Bochum I guess Gelsenkirchen wouldn't be the worst choice possible lol...Düsseldorf would be the nicest out of those cities but they've been there twice in more recent years (and I am STILL kinda sad that I didn't go there in 2014 when my friend asked me to come along, could have started my Stones journey 3 years earlier, but I basically just was studying and didn't have money :/..)...still hoping rather for Cologne instead this year winking smiley

beside that: as I pointed out before I think the Gelsenkirchen rumor is quite reliable. Who would make up a rumor about Gelsenkirchen – espcially people runnung a french website? (how manny people in France know that something like Gelsenkirchen exists?) Therefore I believe the have some real source (note that Gelsenkrichen hasn't been mentioned before anywhere else. So they didn't just copy it from some other fan website

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 10, 2022 14:06

As to where in the tour itinerary that "Gelsenkirchen" show might be, could it be the 5th slot?

1. Madrid
2. Munich
3. Liverpool
4. Amsterdam
5. ?
6. Milan/Monza

Meaning it would be a weekend show on Friday the 17th - again, giving you 3 full days off before Italy.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 14:09

slewan
ronniewoody91
slewan
ronniewoody91

beside that: as I pointed out before I think the Gelsenkirchen rumor is quite reliable. Who would make up a rumor about Gelsenkirchen – espcially people runnung a french website? (how manny people in France know that something like Gelsenkirchen exists?) Therefore I believe the have some real source (note that Gelsenkrichen hasn't been mentioned before anywhere else. So they didn't just copy it from some other fan website

Just call it Schalke and people will know smiling smiley

I personally trust in the Gelsenkirchen rumour! Friday June 17 would fit well for me as Thursday is a bank holiday in my part of Germany

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 14:21

hockenheim95
slewan
ronniewoody91
slewan
ronniewoody91

I personally trust in the Gelsenkirchen rumour! Friday June 17 would fit well for me as Thursday is a bank holiday in my part of Germany

grinning smiley thanks for the reminder of the bank holiday, I actually already took that day off from work just this Monday...so Gelsenkirchen it is, I guess xD

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 10, 2022 15:26

NashvilleBlues
Travman87
I'd really love the Stones to play a show on the 12th July to actually commemorate the 60th anniversary. IS that a realistic wish? Obviously if they do that it would need to be a show in London, anywhere would be perfect.

If Lyon, France is July 19 and Hyde Park #2 is July 3 as rumored, and they have 3 days off between shows, July 12 looks like an odd fit.

July 3- HP#2
July 7- ?
July 11- ?
July 15- ?
July 19- Lyon, France

Obviously, I'm just working with rumors and previous patterns here. They could make July 12 work if they want, but I keep hearing that The Stones aren't sentimental. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

July 11 rumored Brussels. See. I thought so. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 15:27 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 10, 2022 16:46

hockenheim95
slewan
ronniewoody91
slewan
ronniewoody91

After the Covid break almost every band is going to tour this year and thats why booking venues is extremly complicated this year. The demand for venues is currently a lot higher. I heard this from a guitarist of a big heavy metal band who told me that they planned to do a lot more shows on their upcoming tour but they couldn't find enough available venues. And thats why I think all those speculation about why the Stones would play in a certain venue won't help much cause i think they have to schedule the tour more along venue availability than anything else.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 16:59

ryanpow
It's been 20 years since Forty Licks. Just let that one marinate.

It’s been 17 years since the last album of original material. FROM A ROCK AND ROLL BAND that still … works. Let THAT marinate.

Rod

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 10, 2022 17:50

bitusa2012
ryanpow
It's been 20 years since Forty Licks. Just let that one marinate.

It’s been 17 years since the last album of original material. FROM A ROCK AND ROLL BAND that still … works. Let THAT marinate.

Its been marinating in what is left of my brain for some time already. And I guess that is how it will remain. The Stones have actually got more attention for NOT making an album, than they would have received if they HAD made one.

Date: March 10, 2022 17:58

hockenheim95
slewan
ronniewoody91
slewan
ronniewoody91

don't mix up June and July.
The Gelsenkrichen rumor comes from [sympathyforthedevils.com]
and the put Gelsenkirchen in July

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2022 18:06

slewan
Who would make up a rumor about Gelsenkirchen – espcially people running a french website? (how many people in France know that something like Gelsenkirchen exists?)

The French fan club often has pretty good "insider" info. I wouldn't dismiss what they announce as non-sense.
They foresee exactly 14 dates which is compatible with previous tours.

"Paris accueillera le groupe à l'Hippodrome ParisLongchamp, où il était passé deux soirs en 1995 à l'occasion de la tournée Voodoo Lounge."
They don't write "might" they write the gig will take place at Longchamp, just like in 95. Hope the weather will be mild this time. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 18:11 by dcba.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 10, 2022 18:19

My guess (no source) is RAH could happen on on July 7th after London 2nd show. RAH is not booked and I hope this could be the RAH-day! smiling smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 18:24

slewan

Just thinking aloud:

Where in July would Gelsenkirchen fit? Right after Hyde Park #2, that is, on July 7? Or after Brussels on the weekend beginning July 15?

Or at the end of July after the Lyon-Paris-Vienna trifecta (in whatever order those cities may be)?

(Note that sympathyforthedevils.com has Brussels in June, whereas BV says it's in July.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 18:41 by Topi.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 10, 2022 18:27

dcba
slewan
Who would make up a rumor about Gelsenkirchen – espcially people running a french website? (how many people in France know that something like Gelsenkirchen exists?)

The French fan club often has pretty good "insider" info. I wouldn't dismiss what they announce as non-sense.

"Paris accueillera le groupe à l'Hippodrome ParisLongchamp, où il était passé deux soirs en 1995 à l'occasion de la tournée Voodoo Lounge."
They don't write "might" they write the gig will take place at Longchamp, just like in 95. Hope the weather will be mild this time. grinning smiley

Yeah, on July 2nd it was brutal! I was there!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 10, 2022 18:33

Wild Slivovitz
dcba
slewan

Yeah, on July 2nd it was brutal! I was there!
. It was 1st of july.. Storm in Longchamp

Date: March 10, 2022 19:01

Topi
slewan

Just thinking aloud:

Where in July would Gelsenkirchen fit? Right after Hyde Park #2, that is, on July 7? Or after Brussels on the weekend beginning July 15?

Or at the end of July after the Lyon-Paris-Vienna trifecta (in whatever order those cities may be)?

(Note that sympathyforthedevils.com has Brussels in June, whereas BV says it's in July.)

My guess is July 15th for Gelsenkirchen if the Devils are right that it will take place in July. Since the info on Gelsenkirchen came exclusively from them (and only from them), it would be strange if they'd mixed up June and July.
On the other hand: It seemed like the Paris shows was originally planned for mid July and ever they changed that they are putting either Gelsenkirchen or Bruxelles on that date.
Might well be that this hasn't been finalized yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 19:02 by slewan.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 19:03

So the rumour for Switzerland is Berne...that would be Stade de Suisse. Probably the smallest stadium on the tour. Hope the prices won‘t be higher than in 2017.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:09

MonkeyMan2000
So the rumour for Switzerland is Berne...that would be Stade de Suisse. Probably the smallest stadium on the tour. Hope the prices won‘t be higher than in 2017.

Thats really good to know, hope it materializes. As for prices, last time in Zurich I had lucky dips and got semi good seats on the far left side. I never pay above 200 for a ticket

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:23

The Rolling Stones-

Make sure you're the first to hear the latest Stones news by signing up to the official mailing list....It's only rock'n'roll but you'll like it! ????
[the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 21:23 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:26

Big news is coming! Now on twitter: [twitter.com] thumbs uphot smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 21:38

They always do this before a tour announcement.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:39

Yup... always nice to see!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:48

Rolling Stones announcement Monday 14 March
Presale Thursday 17 March
General sale Friday 18 March

Date: March 10, 2022 21:48

Spunky, you beat me to it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 21:49 by Topi.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:55

calipachangero
MonkeyMan2000

Thats really good to know, hope it materializes. As for prices, last time in Zurich I had lucky dips and got semi good seats on the far left side. I never pay above 200 for a ticket

Sorry, didn‘t want to cause any false hopes. That‘s just what I read on the french sympathyforthedevils-site. Don‘t know how reliable that is, but I also hope it‘s true :-)

Date: March 10, 2022 22:05

Instagram

[instagram.com]

Date: March 10, 2022 22:06

spunky

Amazing smileys with beer

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 22:14

spunky

Guesswork or sourced?

Date: March 10, 2022 22:14

What kinda presales? Bild for germany?

Date: March 10, 2022 22:17

The mailing list/"fan club" presale is a sure bet. In the US, there was a plethora of radio/venue/season ticket holder presales as well, not sure if Europe will feature that many.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2445
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home