Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New Orleans, LA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 29, 2021 16:36

Tipitina's, Maple Leaf, d.b.a. to require vaccine proof or negative COVID test for admission

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2021 06:52

Javadave
The line-up for the 13th is predominantly local, and short on big names, even for the locals. For $190 a pop for GA tickets with no seating, I was hoping for something more.

The only seating, to my recollection, is in the tents. The big stages... zero.

Date: July 30, 2021 06:57

coloradocanyons
Lineup is online now.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

That's just the link to the fest.

Here is who is playing that day:

WEDNESDAY OCT. 13
The Rolling Stones, Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars featuring Tab Benoit, George Porter Jr., Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Johnny Vidacovich, Johnny Sansone, and Wayne Thibodeaux, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, Anders Osborne, Samantha Fish, The Dave Brubeck Centennial featuring Chris and Dan Brubeck with special guests Joey DeFrancesco and Bobby Militello, Pell, Cowboy Mouth, Charley Crockett, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band, Lena Prima, Mem Shannon & the Membership, Free Agents Brass Band, Joe Krown & Jason Ricci featuring Walter Wolfman Washington, Philip Manuel, New Orleans Suspects, SOUL Brass Band, Seva Venet’s New Orleans Banjo Celebration, Alexey Marti, Spyboy J & Thee Storm Mardi Gras Indians, Louis Ford & His New Orleans Flairs, Claude Bryant & The All-stars, On The Levee Jazz Band, Lyle Henderson & Emmanu-EL, T’Monde, Drake Milligan, Treces del Sur Latin Band, Jackson Square Allstar Brass Band, Jacye & ‘em, The Trio Plus One, Davis Rogan, Akia J. Nevills, The Gospel Inspirations of Boutte, Lady Prince of Wales and Women of Class Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Cheyenne and Young Seminole Hunters Mardi Gras Indians…

People, trolls, BITCH about the NO JF not having jazz...

They see the big names, don't bother to look.

They don't go.

They know nothing.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 30, 2021 07:56

I’ve been to two Jazzfests.

Sure, there will be plenty of decent music that day, but compared to the eleven other Jazzfest days I’ve experienced, that line-up is rather lackluster. Thought they would have gotten some of the bigger local acts on board. Besides Kermit Ruffins and Trombone Shorty, what about the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, the Rebirth Brass Band, the Preservation Hall Band, or a Marsalis or two?

As for the seating, I was referring to the “special rules” in place for Stones Wednesday: no seats with backs or armrests allowed, just portable stools. No blankets allowed. Jazzfest is already a bit of an endurance test, and these rules make it even harder.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 30, 2021 16:50

Been to many Jazzfest over the years.
Always love the multiple choice of bands each day.
I look at it as a bonus.
This has the potential for lots of sit-ins with the Stones.
Perhaps Ivan Neville and George Porter JR.?
Yeah, it will be a cluster-@#$%& on Wednesday and a bit of an endurance test, but keep in mind its October, so the weather will be cooler.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:45

Javadave

Sure, there will be plenty of decent music that day, but compared to the eleven other Jazzfest days I’ve experienced, that line-up is rather lackluster. Thought they would have gotten some of the bigger local acts on board. Besides Kermit Ruffins and Trombone Shorty, what about the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, the Rebirth Brass Band, the Preservation Hall Band, or a Marsalis or two?

As for the seating, I was referring to the “special rules” in place for Stones Wednesday: no seats with backs or armrests allowed, just portable stools. No blankets allowed. Jazzfest is already a bit of an endurance test, and these rules make it even harder.

I bailed on trying to fit this one in, and the line-up and seating details are not making me regret it winking smiley

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: July 30, 2021 20:51

spikenyc
This has the potential for lots of sit-ins with the Stones.
Perhaps Ivan Neville and George Porter JR.?

George will be playing with Voice of the Wetlands All Stars which also includes a number of highly respected locals. It's rumored they will play at Acura before the Stones. It's also rumored that before them will be Samantha Fish and Anders Osborne.

As to sit ins, hope they bring some additional locals in during the set...lots to chose from. Mavis or Irma if their in good health would be great.

Date: July 31, 2021 04:20

Javadave

Lackluster?

Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars featuring Tab Benoit, George Porter Jr., Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Johnny Vidacovich, Johnny Sansone, and Wayne Thibodeaux will be outstanding.

Same with Anders Osborne, Samantha Fish, The Dave Brubeck Centennial featuring Chris and Dan Brubeck with special guests Joey DeFrancesco and Bobby Militello, Pell, Cowboy Mouth, Charley Crockett, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band, Lena Prima, Mem Shannon & the Membership, Joe Krown & Jason Ricci featuring Walter Wolfman Washington, New Orleans Suspects, SOUL Brass Band, Mardi Gras Indians, Jackson Square Allstar Brass Band, The Gospel Inspirations of Boutte, and the Young Seminole Hunters Mardi Gras Indians.

It will be a fantastic day of music.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 04:00

Question for you all: I bought 2 GA Rolling Stones tickets for Jazzfest. It was more or less spur of the moment purchase. I'll get the tickets in my e-mail at the end of July. What is the best way to sell these tickets? I would even sell them at a discount to unload them.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 2, 2021 04:23

Sockers56
Question for you all: I bought 2 GA Rolling Stones tickets for Jazzfest. It was more or less spur of the moment purchase. I'll get the tickets in my e-mail at the end of July. What is the best way to sell these tickets? I would even sell them at a discount to unload them.

The safest way to sell them is on StubHub. Or you could try unloading them on the IORR "All Sold Out." Since its a GA show and will not likely sell out you should price them lower. Otherwise there is no incentive to purchase from you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 05:25 by TornAndFried.

Date: August 2, 2021 05:07

Thank you!

Date: August 2, 2021 06:00

Sockers56
Thank you!

Wait on selling them.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 2, 2021 06:13

GasLightStreet
Javadave

Lackluster?

Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars featuring Tab Benoit, George Porter Jr., Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Johnny Vidacovich, Johnny Sansone, and Wayne Thibodeaux will be outstanding.

Same with Anders Osborne, Samantha Fish, The Dave Brubeck Centennial featuring Chris and Dan Brubeck with special guests Joey DeFrancesco and Bobby Militello, Pell, Cowboy Mouth, Charley Crockett, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band, Lena Prima, Mem Shannon & the Membership, Joe Krown & Jason Ricci featuring Walter Wolfman Washington, New Orleans Suspects, SOUL Brass Band, Mardi Gras Indians, Jackson Square Allstar Brass Band, The Gospel Inspirations of Boutte, and the Young Seminole Hunters Mardi Gras Indians.

It will be a fantastic day of music.

yeah I think I agree with you, no big names but its all going to be high quality music, the Stones kind of stick out like a sore thumb.

The question for me is whether any of the stones will kind of mill about checking out other artists on stage and if so, whom among them and whom amongst the artists? Seems to me someone like Charlie would love to meet a lot of these people and probably Keef and Ronnie too, and of course Mick will be mugging for the camera. Its just that its such an eclectic collection of groups and artists that it would be hard to not want to catch others in performance, possibly incognito but maybe just standing there in the wings or down front. And if they are in the area for more days than their performance, whether they attend the show on their off-days.

jb

NOLA CONCEPT ART
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: August 2, 2021 12:59

Please get sharing if you would like to see this end up as the official Litho for NOLA

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 14:27 by Nasty Habits.

Date: August 2, 2021 20:31

GasLightStreet
Sockers56
Thank you!

Wait on selling them.

Why wait on selling them?

Date: August 3, 2021 06:25

Sockers56
GasLightStreet
Sockers56
Thank you!

Wait on selling them.

Why wait on selling them?

Well, if it gets cancelled, for one - you may not get your money if you use a second hand seller like StubHub etc? I don't know - I've never dealt with that as a seller.

So if you wait... and it gets cancelled... you'll get your money back.

If you post them on Stub etc... will you get your money back if it's cancelled?

Date: August 4, 2021 19:09

I guess I'm not sure why it will be cancelled?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 4, 2021 20:33

Let's say Sockers56 resells his tickets on StubHub (or anywhere else) and gets the money for the sale.

Why should he then worry about any cancellations? After all, he already got his money.

Also, if he just lists his tickets, but doesn't manage to sell them before the show gets cancelled, isn't he still the original buyer on Ticketmaster and entitled to a refund?

[stubhub.community]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 20:42 by Topi.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: August 4, 2021 21:02

Stubhub:

"11.1 Cancellation: If an event is canceled and not rescheduled, we will remove the event and any listings related to the event from our Site and inform both Buyer and Seller about the cancellation with further instructions. If the Seller requires his Ticket(s) back to obtain a refund of the original purchase price from the promoter or organizer, he must contact Customer Service immediately after the cancellation. The Buyer is required to retain the Ticket(s) and upon request from StubHub to send them back to either the Seller or to StubHub (as instructed by StubHub). The Buyer will receive a full refund or credit for use on a future purchase, as determined in StubHub’s sole discretion (unless a refund is required by law) once he has sent back the Ticket(s) (if applicable) and the Seller will not be paid. If the Seller has already been paid, the payment for the sale may be recovered by charging the Seller's Payment Method or by setting off this amount against pending payments for other Tickets the Seller has sold or will sell in the future."

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 4, 2021 21:07

Ok, gotcha, thanks.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2021 21:09

Topi
Let's say Sockers56 resells his tickets on StubHub (or anywhere else) and gets the money for the sale.

Why should he then worry about any cancellations? After all, he already got his money.

Also, if he just lists his tickets, but doesn't manage to sell them before the show gets cancelled, isn't he still the original buyer on Ticketmaster and entitled to a refund?

[stubhub.community]

Sockers56 doesn't get paid until the event takes place.

In the event of cancellation, the only real loser is the buyer from Stubhub, who is then offered a credit in lieu of a refund.
Which happened to me with Vivio for the postponed tour.. original buyer of Vancouver ticket I "bought" ended up with a refund from TM, and I ended up with a voucher worth 15% more than I paid for the GA ticket. Worked out well, as there was a sold out show I'd been watching, and was able to quickly purchase a different ticket with.

" We do not pay the seller until an event takes place so if your event does not take place at all you will not be charged nor paid by us."
[stubhub.community]

Date: August 5, 2021 04:18

Sockers56
I guess I'm not sure why it will be cancelled?

You obviously have internet or data service.

Date: August 6, 2021 06:21

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions about my New Orleans tickets!

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: August 7, 2021 02:21

I do not see any Stones reference in the official poster. Am I missing it??

Date: August 7, 2021 04:50

jimpietryga1
I do not see any Stones reference in the official poster. Am I missing it??

This poster?

[art4now.com]

Date: August 8, 2021 19:20

A report from 3 days ago on COVID impact on the live music scene in New Orleans:

[www.google.com]

With less than 50% of the residents vaccinated, and the Delta variant surging, things are getting a little dicey. Report says that the next 4 weeks will be telling for Jazzfest and other large events, with Labor Day weekend the approximate moment of a decision to fish or cut bait.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 8, 2021 19:31

I just heard Jazzfest is getting canceled today.

Date: August 8, 2021 19:34

Source?

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 8, 2021 20:31

Javadave
Source?

A friend in Nola associated with the event.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 8, 2021 21:15

kv2915
I just heard Jazzfest is getting canceled today.

Unfortunate, but not unexpected.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home