Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Will the Stones play the Central Park NYC concert
Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 21:47

treaclefingers
jbwelda
>Giuliani won't be there

Hopefully he will have another appointment, in a Federal courthouse nearby.

jb

I would gladly pay $50 to see that!

Giuliani is too busy dying his hair and messing around with Borat’s daughter.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2021 22:07

slewan
well, it just proves that they might do something like this if it's more or less effortless

Must be a language barrier.
Not sure what "proves" means in your language, but definitely different from mine.

You chiming in on my response to the "not for free" crowd by listing how easy it was for them to do, had nothing to do with the point.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 8, 2021 22:36

Bjorn
No, they wont play. While we all are waiting, Ronnie will probably release a new sola album.

Strange thing to say, Ronnie hasn't made a solo album for 11 years ( since he stopped drinking) whereas Keith made one 6 years ago, I'm expecting a solo album from Keith for sure, regards Ronnie I'd be surprised if sells a few paintings and books with setlists at this stage, he's dried up creatively.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 8, 2021 23:04

Hairball
TheGreek
SomeTorontoGirl
TheGreek
For free -NO

30 July 2003, Toronto…. The Boys do step up when they can.
during a tour right ? Just before going to Europe for the European Tour right ? In the midst of tour activity , which is exactly why I am skeptical .

The were already two months in to the summer European tour before taking a detour over to Toronto, then took a week off before resuming the Euro tour.
That said, I agree this will probably never happen...without rehearsals and at their age...has train wreck written all over it

I had to laugh at this, train wreck indeed, that's what all Stones shows are, glorious train wrecks, from Micks tired out of breath unenthusiastic vocals to Charlie's lack luster snails pace drumming, to Ronnies bum notes and missing notes to Keiths disasters and botched solos , somehow they pull it off and we keep coming back for more, never fear that train wreck Hairball, that's where the gold comes from, a thousand intricate risky desperate accidents that weave into magic, the sound of the Stones 2021, you better believe it baby winking smiley

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: June 9, 2021 04:45

At this time of their career, and not to sound mean or not correct in saying this; how much rehearsal time is needed for them, they have basically been playing just about the same song list for several years. I would think that extended rehearsal time would be needed for them in order to break out a bunch of new tunes.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 9, 2021 08:19

Rocktiludrop
Hairball
TheGreek
SomeTorontoGirl
TheGreek
For free -NO

30 July 2003, Toronto…. The Boys do step up when they can.
during a tour right ? Just before going to Europe for the European Tour right ? In the midst of tour activity , which is exactly why I am skeptical .

The were already two months in to the summer European tour before taking a detour over to Toronto, then took a week off before resuming the Euro tour.
That said, I agree this will probably never happen...without rehearsals and at their age...has train wreck written all over it

I had to laugh at this, train wreck indeed, that's what all Stones shows are, glorious train wrecks, from Micks tired out of breath unenthusiastic vocals to Charlie's lack luster snails pace drumming, to Ronnies bum notes and missing notes to Keiths disasters and botched solos , somehow they pull it off and we keep coming back for more, never fear that train wreck Hairball, that's where the gold comes from, a thousand intricate risky desperate accidents that weave into magic, the sound of the Stones 2021, you better believe it baby winking smiley

In my opinion the current stones shows are certainly NOT a train wreck. I saw many shows on the last tour and enjoyed them all.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 9, 2021 13:49

Simon and Garfunkel? Seriously, if YOU were Paul Simon, would you want to be in rehearsals for a gig with someone like this?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 17:18

tatters
Simon and Garfunkel? Seriously, if YOU were Paul Simon, would you want to be in rehearsals for a gig with someone like this?

[www.youtube.com]

For a legacy type concert....hopefully so..

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 17:21

TornAndFried
VoodooLounge13
8 Artists slated, and I can almost guarantee that they will be NYC-centric, so my guess would include:

Paul Simon, possibly Simon & Garfunkel.
Springsteen - already reprising his Broadway stint.
Billy Joel
Jay-Z/Beyonce
Alicia Keys

other possibilities: Bon Jovi, J-Lo. Would be something if Barbra Streisand performed.

There will likely be someone more contemporary for the younger crowd. I could imagine Taylor Swift doing it.

Taylor isn't from NYC. If looking for the younger crowd, there's Lady Gaga, Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu.

Other possibilities include Lenny Kravitz, Mariah Carey. I think with Clive's involvement, Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen are fairly solid locks to perform, so that leaves 6 slots....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home