Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Christie’s Reveals Some L’Wren Scott Secrets Ahead of Online Auction
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2021 10:30

mattleeuk

One word "Iconic"

And an eternal remembrance for Brian Jones .... this Jacket literally deserves a Stones-Museum.

Congratulations! smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2021 11:44

The green one went for GBP 62,500 and the blue one for GBP 60,000. Which was more than twice the estimate. In dollar: 86,500 and 83,000.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 4, 2021 12:46

Plus VAT on the commission!... They were just shy of £130,000 all in. Auction houses typically quote "come get me" estimates. It gets people interested and thinking they have a chance. In this case, Christies not having done Rock'n'Roll in years were relying on a wealthy client base as opposed to a Rock'n'Roll expert base. These are unique jackets made for historic shows with bullet proof authenticity, donated by Mick, sold for Charity. I was hopeful of this result but slightly surprised. I actually called it totally right, and my execution while stressful was on point. I had three devices linked on three separate wifi's. I wasn't going to mess this one up, once in a lifetime stuff. A great addition to my forth coming museum.

Instagram: @hotstuffarchive

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 4, 2021 17:24

That is fantastic Matt - congrats! Hope to see you wear it in person on the next tour!!!!! Sparkly top!

Date: July 4, 2021 17:38

I tried it on for 10 seconds to take the pic… it will now searching for the right manakin and will have it displayed in my museum / home. Finally Stones fans visiting from all over the world will be able to see world class memorabilia in Central London.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2021 17:55

mattleeuk

now searching for the right manakin and will have it displayed in my museum

I would put it behind glass (a display case / vitrine) - dust & fingerprints are probably not good for the sequins/paillettes on the unique & expensive jacket ....

Date: July 4, 2021 18:40

Irix
mattleeuk

now searching for the right manakin and will have it displayed in my museum

I would put it behind glass (a display case / vitrine) - dust & fingerprints are probably not good for the sequins/paillettes on the unique & expensive jacket ....

Of course! Working out the display method... constantly need more space but at least there will be more new and interesting things each time people come.

Re: L'Wren Scott jackets worn by Mick up for auction
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 4, 2021 19:07

mattleeuk
georgie48
Come on Matt!
Give it a go. Both deserve to be part of your collection!!! When they end up in some private collection, fans will not be able to admire them from close by. That would really be a shame. How about a Matt Lee crowd funding? Those who contribute should get a free visit to Matt's future museum.
I was at Hyde Park when Mick had the "butterfly" jacket on. I really enjoyed the historical idea behind it.
smileys with beer

Don't worry! It was all under control... thumbs up

Great Matt! You made me a happy man! You can be sure I will come to London to see it smiling bouncing smiley
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 4, 2021 23:20

Congrats!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home