Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Hardest Concert Decisions
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 28, 2021 20:39

Difficult Concert Decision ...

Can I hold it in until after the concert if I drink more beer?
Just use the restroom after the show?

If not... maybe there will be a song in the set during which I can run to the restroom... just buy another drink on the way back to my seat?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 28, 2021 20:44

georgemcdonnell314
It wasn't a hard decision but I had to choose my mothers funeral or miss two of their concerts.

I went to the funeral but I am sure my mother would have wanted me to go to the shows.
This reminds me of 3 days after my Moms passing I had made a commitment to go see Neil Young acoustic . I should have skipped it .

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 28, 2021 21:07

likecats
daspyknows

Also had Led Zeppelin tickets in 1980 and we know what happened to that tour.

Did you actually get tickets for Led Zeppelin in 1980? The tour was canceled before they got mailed out and I thought all the mail-order tickets ended up in a warehouse, at least for Chicago. Were there some venues that sold them at the box office?

Never physically had the tickets but they had been ordered and accommodations to go had been made.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 29, 2021 00:25

turned up a week late to a Buddy Guy/Jnr Wells
show back in the 70's.....Man that one stung ...
Dallas Brooks Hall miss read the date on ticket ...

Still laugh at how we thought we were so
lucky scorin' a park right out front of Hall...
Then walking to main doors thinking we were first there ....

Then gobs open as we were a week late ...HHHaaaq
Musta looked like a scene outta Dumb & Dumber

Still stings deep after all these years .. HHaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: April 29, 2021 00:29

Rockman
turned up a week late to a Buddy Guy/Jnr Wells
show back in the 70's.....Man that one stung .../quote]

funny

hahahaha

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 29, 2021 00:32

Love ta see the security footage of
our mugs when we realized we were a week late ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 29, 2021 01:16

schillid
Difficult Concert Decision ...

Can I hold it in until after the concert if I drink more beer?
Just use the restroom after the show?

If not... maybe there will be a song in the set during which I can run to the restroom... just buy another drink on the way back to my seat?

For me, it's usually when I hear "we're gonna do a couple new songs for you"!

Date: April 29, 2021 04:17

Reposting this cuz it ended up on the bottom of the last page (don't like it when that happens) ....

A Difficult Stones Concert Decision ...
Philadelphia, 2005
It's Only Satisfaction

I live near New York City. After work, I drove around 2½ hours to the Wells Fargo Center (or Core State Ctr... whatever it was called back then) conveniently located right next to Interstate-95 ...

It was a great show...

The concert was getting nearing the end. It was getting late. I had to go to work in the morning and I had a two hour drive ahead of me. I started thinking about the delay getting out of the parking lot after the show sometimes could be another half an hour or more...

The Stones came back for their encore and Keith started playing the intro for It's Only Rock n Roll. The rest of the band played Satisfaction.

It was a mess! So I headed for the exit to beat the traffic! ... Jumped in my car, quickly drove out of the parking lot... Onto I-95...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-29 06:26 by schillid.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: April 29, 2021 05:14

In March of 1970, I had planned to go see Ten Years After and Quicksilver Messenger Service at The Olympic Auditorium in L.A. I met a very hot girl that week at a park. I was 19 years old at the time. Late in the week she invited me over because her parents were going to be away. It happened to be on the same night as the concert. Man, that was a tough decision. I ultimately figured that there was no shortage of girls around L.A., so I opted for the show, which was fantastic. For some reason, she was offended, and ditched me, go figure. But I did wonder what that evening may have been like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-29 06:41 by DaveG.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 29, 2021 08:58

daspyknows
likecats
daspyknows

Also had Led Zeppelin tickets in 1980 and we know what happened to that tour.

Did you actually get tickets for Led Zeppelin in 1980? The tour was canceled before they got mailed out and I thought all the mail-order tickets ended up in a warehouse, at least for Chicago. Were there some venues that sold them at the box office?

Never physically had the tickets but they had been ordered and accommodations to go had been made.

I intended to go to one of the Chicago shows but the tour was canceled before I even bought an airline ticket.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home