Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I saw Bill Wyman & The Rhythm Kings
Posted by: firesoldier ()
Date: November 6, 2005 13:10

I saw Bill Wyman & The Rhythm Kings friday 2005.11.04 at Europaporten, Malmoe, Sweden.

Me and my friends had a great time.
I knew that Albert Lee is a fantastic guitarist.
But i didn´t knew that Andy Fairweather Low were that good!
Beverley Skeete on vocals is exceptional!

Bill himself is Bob Dylan amongst bassplayers, if you know what i mean.
The only thing he move is his fingers! As we are used to in other words. Great playing by Bill. Steady as a rock and whitout fuckups.

Go see them and have a ball.

"You have the sun, you have the moon, you have the air to breathe, you´ve got The Rolling Stones"

Re: I saw Bill Wyman & The Rhythm Kings
Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 6, 2005 13:16

I agree. He was awsome when I saw them in Helsingfors in october. I could so easily picture him standing like that with the Stones for 30 years. Incredible charisma.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 6, 2005 19:25

Yea. I really miss him with the Stones. I don't think the band is the same without him. I think his being gone is part of the problem with the band these days.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 6, 2005 19:34

Here are some pics:
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: November 6, 2005 19:43

Great pics mickijaggeroo, and thanks for sharing with us.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 6, 2005 20:31

Thanks for the pix-link, Ville...
What secret agent took the shots in Sundsvall... ?

I´ll try to write a sorted-out & sober review from that show within some ten days. And if its technically possible; I´ll rip the Bill-interview
I made for Radio Guld & link it up here.

The station wanted me to take a shot of him (and me?)
from the occasion when I caught him after the show; but it just
didnt feel right to do it.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 6, 2005 23:51

"What secret agent took the shots in Sundsvall... ?"

The Nordic Stones Vikings are everywhere.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Eggersbanquet ()
Date: November 8, 2005 11:06

November 7, 2005 21:13

Well I went to the concert last night in Herning Denmark the second last in this
this time. In these very minutes the Rythmkings is playing the last gig in Hamburg. I saw some very good musicians doing their 40th gig in app. same number of days. They were in a good mood and were having a great evening although they seemed a little tired. Andy Fairweather was in reel rock/blues mode and had a sore throut and a total distorted guitar sound. Albert Lee played as good as ever
and horn section were fantastic and very very funny.Beverly were singing absolutly marveleus.

The set was like this:

'You Can't Sit Down' (instrumental); 'Jump Jive & Wail' (Albert Lee); 'Baby Workout' (Beverley Skeete); 'Too Late' (Terry Taylor); 'Jitterbug Boogie' (Albert); 'Harlem Shuffle' (Beverley/Andy Fairweather Low); 'All Night Long' (Bill Wyman); 'Mystery Train' (Andy); 'Soul Man' (Eddie Floyd); '6345789' (Eddie); 'Flatfoot Sam' (Beverley); 'I Shall Not Be Moved' (Andy); 'Taxman' (Beverley); 'Race With The Devil' (Terry); 'Muleskinner Blues' (Albert); 'Hit The Road Jack' (Beverley/All); 'You Never Can Tell' (Bill); 'Bright Lights, Big City' (Andy); 'I'll Be Satisfied' (Beverley); 'Raise Your Hand' (Eddie); 'Knock On Wood' (Eddie)
We came offstage to massive applause, then returned & did encores. Encores: 'I Put A Spell On You' (Beverley) & 'Tear It Up' (Albert)

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 8, 2005 16:06

Is it just me or does the gig in Boden seem to be in some cheesy school auditorium according to the picks on stonesvikings.com?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 9, 2005 20:58

>>Yea. I really miss him with the Stones. I don't think the band is the same without him. I think his being gone is part of the problem with the band these days.>>
You must have a Problem. The Band (are u talkin bout the Rolling Stones?) is doing pretty well. Amazing shows a great new album!

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: November 9, 2005 21:34

I can totally agree with firesoldier. Saw the Kings in Frankfurt in September this year.Wwas a @#$%& great performance!

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 9, 2005 21:59

"Muleskinner Blues?!" "Jitterbug Boogie?!" "Mystery Train?!"

I'll betya Keith or Woody would be very happy sitting in on material like that.

I'd love to see Wyman if he were willing to come to the States.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 9, 2005 22:38

"The Bob Dylan of Bass Players"....no, I don't know what you mean....

Bob Dylan as lyricist?

Bob Dylan as guitar player?

Bob Dylan as Harmonica player?

Bob Dylan as song writer?

Bob Dylan as performer?

Bob Dylan as influence on other musicians?

I PERSONALLY don't think that "Wyman as Bass Player" even remotely comes CLOSE to Dylan in most of these areas (maybe as guitar player and harmonica player)....

Dylan was a revolutionary....Wyman revolutionized nothing....though, don't tell Mathijs I said so....

sure Wyman was good, but there are 1000s of "Good" (even "great") bass players....

there will only be ONE Dylan.....ever.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home