Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The next 3CD set. Which outtakes are you hoping for?
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: April 3, 2021 00:17

When the next set of 'Fully Finished' what five outtakes are you hoping to hear?

My wish list:

Misty Roads

Hillside Blues (the 11 minute version)

The punk version of 'Lies' (i.e. before they toned down the guitars)

Come on Sugar

For Your Precious Love -in pristine sound

Re: The next 3CD set. Which outtakes are you hoping for?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 3, 2021 03:36

some outtakes from bigger bang/doom & gloom sessions a high quality version keith's think i'm going mad from 82 same for jah is not dead
finished version of munich hilton,knee trembler with lyrics and i love ladies just to name a few we have so much to look forward to

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: April 3, 2021 04:52

Do we have an idea at this point when the next set may become available? Just speculation right now, I assume?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 3, 2021 05:06

The rest of the 1977-78 and 1978-79 leftovers...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2021 08:18

not greedy.... just take what's given ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 3, 2021 13:33

Since this compilation was apparently prepared for the "Memory Hotel" project, there's zero chance for stuff like "Jah Is Not Dead" to be on there, they would never have released it ! Same probably goes for jams like "Come on Sugar". I'd be looking forward to all the known SW and B2B outtakes as well of course as the promising "English Rose" or even "Man Eating Woman". And how about "Toss The Coin" and "Old Glory" if they exist...but then "After Curtis and Smokey" sounded like a pipe dream too and we have it now, however disappointing it is.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 3, 2021 15:42

We’ve had Built That Way so why not Come on Sugar?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 3, 2021 15:46

gotdablouse
Since this compilation was apparently prepared for the "Memory Hotel" project, there's zero chance for stuff like "Jah Is Not Dead" to be on there, they would never have released it ! Same probably goes for jams like "Come on Sugar". I'd be looking forward to all the known SW and B2B outtakes as well of course as the promising "English Rose" or even "Man Eating Woman". And how about "Toss The Coin" and "Old Glory" if they exist...but then "After Curtis and Smokey" sounded like a pipe dream too and we have it now, however disappointing it is.

I doubt this. Tracks like "Too Many Cooks" and ABKCO-era tracks would have nothing to do with a "Memory Hotel" - project that was reportedly designed to make use of some (then) "recent" outtakes.

It looks more like a collection designed for Jagger to see what tracks he would consider useful for any future use, to see what they need to finally complete them (finished lyrics vocal overdubs, backing vocals, further instrumental overdubs, edits, whatever).

My personal preferences for any future sets would include fabled ABKCO-era tracks like English Summer, Godzi, Panama Powder Room, a finished I Can See It and whatever's left that may not even be documented anywhere yet plus better quality (and possibly more finished) versions of outtakes we know like Hillside Blues, Munich Hilton, Gangster's Moll - stuff like that. Also, certain earlier versions that imo are superior to the released ones like Little T & A.

Whereas more Licks or possibly A Bigger Bang - outtakes: NO, THANKS.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 3, 2021 16:12

I kind of wish there are no more and The Stones get their act together and do it themselves. These great outtakes, with a book, proper background and liner notes would be awesome.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 3, 2021 16:20

bakersfield
We’ve had Built That Way so why not Come on Sugar?

Well for a start "Built That Way" is a fully arranged song, "Come On Sugar" is a...jam ;-) Now it's always possible they fleshed it out and finished it later of course...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 3, 2021 16:39

The long versions of Sophia Loren and Moonlight Mile.Also the demo for Time Waits ForNo One.And the version of Honky Tonk Women with Brian.And any additional Let It Bleed tracks with Ry Cooder ,Brian,and Mick Taylor playing on them .

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 3, 2021 17:25

Anything, really. If the next set (or sets) actually exists and is anywhere close to the quality of the first, I'll be more than happy.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2021 20:27

bakersfield

My wish list:

Misty Roads

Come on Sugar

You aim much too low.Me I want every track title on Nico's site that has an "unverified" tag attached to it.
That should make 150-200 new songs! grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2021 21:21

jahisnotdead
Anything, really. If the next set (or sets) actually exists and is anywhere close to the quality of the first, I'll be more than happy.

Yes - more, more, more...can't get enough...the more the better...

Lynd8
I kind of wish there are no more and The Stones get their act together and do it themselves. These great outtakes, with a book, proper background and liner notes would be awesome.

Would be nice to have an Anthology type series as the Beatles did over 25 years ago - Beatles - quite an extensive project, and really a major groundbreaking event.
And with the amount of material the Stones have stockpiled, they could easily put something similar together.

Imagine three separate boxes...chronicling the beginning, the middle years, and the latter years...
With the Beatles as a blueprint, the Stones could possibly surpass the greatness of the original Anthology series, but even if not there's no doubt it would be a historical release.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: April 3, 2021 21:25

I don't even know if it exists but I would love an instrumental version of "Pass The Wine"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-03 21:27 by gavin95.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 3, 2021 21:58

...a long finished version of ”Everlasting is my love ”....

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 3, 2021 22:39

Open The Door To Your Heart

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 4, 2021 02:46

i don't know why we would off hand reject bigger bang outtakes since as outtakes for other latter day albums (undercover, dirty work, voodoo) have shown they often leave the best version of songs off the album not to mention all the great outtakes
all the rockers on bang i'd love to hear the rough raw versions of
i mean there great and all but not always the best judges of there own music

oh and i'd also like to hear there version of
i heard it through the grapevine from 2012
and much more complete outtake for keiths solo albums (i know not technicly stones but covered in bruises anybody)
also better quality version of still a fool 68
and the beggar banquet rehearsal much better quality (i know also unlikley but i can dream

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-04 07:23 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: April 4, 2021 19:04

Plunder My Soul in original form. Get Yourself Together in pristine sound. The 11 minute long Whip Comes Down

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2021 19:07

DrPete
The 11 minute long Whip Comes Down

It's out already. I got it on a Vigotone CD from 92 or so.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 4, 2021 19:11

bakersfield
When the next set of 'Fully Finished' what five outtakes are you hoping to hear?

My wish list:

Misty Roads

Come on Sugar

...this?
[youtu.be]

Date: April 4, 2021 19:13

dcba
DrPete
The 11 minute long Whip Comes Down

It's out already. I got it on a Vigotone CD from 92 or so.

[youtu.be]

Date: April 4, 2021 21:03

Thank you KRifffhard, Yes that's the version of 'Lies' I meant. Better quality than I'd heard before smiling smiley

According to Barbara Charone's biography of Keith, Ian Stewart walked out of the studio in Paris around this time, complaining 'They sound like bloody Status Quo'. I wonder if this track was the one that sent him over the edge?

Date: April 4, 2021 21:40

bakersfield
Thank you KRifffhard, Yes that's the version of 'Lies' I meant. Better quality than I'd heard before smiling smiley

According to Barbara Charone's biography of Keith, Ian Stewart walked out of the studio in Paris around this time, complaining 'They sound like bloody Status Quo'. I wonder if this track was the one that sent him over the edge?

grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2021 05:13

DrPete
Plunder My Soul in original form. Get Yourself Together in pristine sound. The 11 minute long Whip Comes Down

I seriously doubt that version exists as anything more than an instrumental demo.

Date: April 5, 2021 08:42

bakersfield

After listening this version i really don't know which is better!!!

24:27
[youtu.be]

Date: April 5, 2021 20:36

Thanks for sharing, but i think the uptempo one you shared earlier was far better.

They must have left the studio with a headache some days smiling smiley)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2021 21:39

Gazza
DrPete

I seriously doubt that version exists as anything more than an instrumental demo.

Speaking for myself, I'd probably enjoy the instrumental demo of Plundered more than the updated/doctored version with new nasally Mick vocals, the new overbearing backup vocals, etc., etc, etc.
The only saving grace with that version is the fact the Mick Taylor was invited back to play on it (especially the version where he is more pronounced), but aside from that I thought the tune was a letdown.
Strip all the crap from it down to a bare bones instrumental demo...might not be something very special, but it would be alot easier to listen to imo.

Date: April 5, 2021 22:06

Hairball
Gazza
DrPete

Speaking for myself, I'd probably enjoy the instrumental demo of Plundered more than the updated/doctored version with new nasally Mick vocals, the new overbearing backup vocals, etc., etc, etc.
The only saving grace with that version is the fact the Mick Taylor was invited back to play on it (especially the version where he is more pronounced), but aside from that I thought the tune was a letdown.
Strip all the crap from it down to a bare bones instrumental demo...might not be something very special, but it would be alot easier to listen to imo.

That nasal voice is irritating...especially on "Following The River"

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 5, 2021 22:43

I would love to hear some other versions/mixes of Tumbling Dice. One of the Stones very finest moments, yet there are so few other versions to dig.

A high quality version of the instrumental for starters would be lovely.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home