Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sway
Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 20, 2021 20:00

Is there a version of Sway out there that has an extended outro?

On the studio track it sounds like they faded out of an extended jam at the end.

Really would like to hear that played out at least a couple more minutes.

Re: Sway
Date: March 20, 2021 20:59

Carla Olsen ?? The Rolling Stones? Forget it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-20 21:45 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 20, 2021 22:07

JimmyTheSaint
Is there a version of Sway out there that has an extended outro?

On the studio track it sounds like they faded out of an extended jam at the end.

Really would like to hear that played out at least a couple more minutes.

One thing is for certain -we'll never know. If they wanted to share it, we would have known by now. To be specific on the super deluxe Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 20, 2021 22:52

Carla said in an interview I posted on the never ending Mick Taylor thread that their was an extended version that was destroyed in a fire at Keith’s house if that is true.

Date: March 20, 2021 22:54

Watch the Sway clip on YT with Carla and MT very extraordinarily awesome extended solo

Date: March 20, 2021 23:17

OpenG
Carla said in an interview I posted on the never ending Mick Taylor thread that their was an extended version that was destroyed in a fire at Keith’s house if that is true.

I sent her a Facebook message about another version and she directed her e-mail adres to me. "Message returned to sender". It doesn't exist anymore. End of the story.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 21, 2021 01:29

Thanks for the information.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2021 01:41

Imagine the greatness that might have went on even further beyond the fadeout on the studio version...
Depending on how long it went on - and it seems like they were just starting to take it to a higher level -
it could have/should have been included it on the rerelease/Deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers a few years back.

Date: March 21, 2021 02:31

Apparently it never came to pass.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 21, 2021 03:01

Hairball
it seems like they were just starting to take it to a higher level -

More likely it would have gone nowhere like most of their "jams" of the time period seemed to do.

The Rolling Stones were never a "jam" band, they only excelled when they really worked out their songs and they all more or less knew what the next note was and who was going to be playing it. Left on their own to wander they always seemed to end up lost or up a dead end musically. Jamming with Edward might be an exception but they didn't have Keef along for the ride on that one.

jb

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2021 10:48

Hairball
Imagine the greatness that might have went on even further beyond the fadeout on the studio version...

Keith and Mick in unison : "NO, pal! Less is MORE!" grinning smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 21, 2021 16:58

OpenG

Good story, but maybe only a typical myth-creating story to highlight her own extended "Sway"-version.

Whatever was destroyed in the Redlands fire, I don't think it was any more than a cassette dub of the master, not the multitrack tape or even the stereo master reel-to-reel.

What should Keith do with a multitrack tape of Sway at his home anyway? So I think that all of the Sticky Fingers multitracks are still safely stored in the Stones' vaults. The reason why a longer Sway-version was not considered for the Deluxe release could also very well mean that the fabled jam after the fade did not really take off. Or maybe it took off, but was not recorded in full because the multitrack tape ran out. Whatever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-21 20:48 by retired_dog.

Date: March 21, 2021 17:18

[www.youtube.com]

It sure took off with MT and Carla - video does not match audio - does not matter truly cosmic glistening playing by MT.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 22, 2021 23:53

Didn't that director of the movie we got for their 50th anniversary say there was a long version he had heard?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2021 00:03

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

It sure took off with MT and Carla - video does not match audio - does not matter truly cosmic glistening playing by MT.

And I imagine the same extended greatness could have been happening beyond the original studio version as we know it - to fade it out and cut it off where they did seems a crime...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home