Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Track Talk: Part of the Night
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 4, 2021 12:29

This is one of my favourites from the "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" from Japan.

What do you think? Undercover Sessions, “Golden Caddy” with vocals from 1982? Or from 1976 like it says on the disk?

Re: Track Talk: Part of the Night
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 4, 2021 13:28

Man, this sounds sweet. I can only listen to a few seconds at the moment (I'm working) but am certainly looking forward to diving into this treasure trove this evening

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 4, 2021 13:35

NilsHolgersson

This is one of my favourites from the "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" from Japan.

What do you think? Undercover Sessions, “Golden Caddy” with vocals from 1982? Or from 1976 like it says on the disk?

Some of Keith's guitar mannerism and Mick's voice reminds me of the Voodoo Lounge era.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: March 4, 2021 15:06

rollmops
NilsHolgersson

Some of Keith's guitar mannerism and Mick's voice reminds me of the Voodoo Lounge era.
Rockandroll,
Mops

sounds like later-day Mick to me too.
many of these songs seem to have later (years after the original recording) overdubs.
There are quite some possibilities where they might come from.
1994 Virgin rereleases (that according to Nico Zentgraf were intended with bonus tracks...some with new vocal overdubs; only So Young ended up released); late 90ies work for this Memory Motel/Hotel compilation that never materialized; 2010 onwards deluxe editions (Exile, SG, SF, GHS...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home