Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Book of Stones talking about each song Good?
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 3, 2005 22:20

I heard about it. i think its Mick & hopefully Keith discussing how song came about, idea behind it, & not sure if has feelings about liking tunes more than others. I doubt they could even do that.

Also I hear there is an audio book on same topic Are they one in the same?

If anybody has feedback on quality of it /them/ MEZ

Re: Book of Stones talking about each song Good?
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 3, 2005 23:33

hi james! i've got a book like that. it's called rip this joint, the stories behind evevy song. The author is steve appleford. it's a good read, with some good pics (but nothing you've never seen before). the book tell the story of the songs the stones recorded from 1964 to 1997, with good narration by Appleford, the band, other musicians and friends. then you find the stones discography in it and an interesting chronology. i paid $24.50 for it. Bye!

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 3, 2005 23:46

and here you can get it!

[www.amazon.com]

Date: November 4, 2005 02:31

Faraway the fountain of knowledge, for James. Always looking out for me. Thanks yet again James aka MEZ

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 4, 2005 02:43

yeah but how about the audio book?

Date: November 4, 2005 02:53

Oh yes! Perhaps they are one in the same though, & I just heard of them as seperate. But then again, perhaps an audio book describing the songs, narrated by Mick, is a completely separate entity. Someone here will know for sure. Lets wait with anticipation ohcarol. James

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 4, 2005 04:01

Appleford's book ISNT anything like what you described - (its Applefords 'story' about each Jagger/Richards composition, with some second hand quotes from others, including the musicians themselves - but its far from "Mick and keith discussing how each song came about")..its a good read, though, in its own right.

An audio book on Mick and Keith talking about their songs? No..there isnt one

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 4, 2005 05:54

I have this book. It's basically a piece of crap. Half the people in this forum could have written it (my apologies to those people). There's actually very little actual inside info about the writing of the songs and I swear he just made up half the stuff and the other stuff is common knowledge or historical context. It's mostly pictures, which are quite good, and you can read the entire book from cover to cover in about 2 hours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home