Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Coachella and Stagecoach festivals cancelled again
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 30, 2021 06:42

This doesn't bode well for big tours this year.

[www.cnn.com]

Re: OT Coachella and Stagecoach festivals cancelled again
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 30, 2021 07:10

Not surprising, and this was the third time the dates have been postponed/cancelled.

Imagine the massive wave of hotel and condo cancellations happening right now, not to mention the ticket refunds, etc., etc., etc..
But according to Billboard, there still might be hope for Coachella 2021, though I wouldn't bet on it:

"Coachella may not, however, be off for the whole year -- last year a source at event producer Goldenvoice
said there were conversations about moving it to October 2021, depending on how the coronavirus pandemic progresses".

Coachella

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 30, 2021 08:10

Meanwhile there are states in the country where events seem to be taking place as usual. It's as if these places aren't experiencing the same pandemic. Maybe we can just move some of these events to those states?

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 30, 2021 08:53

Dan
Meanwhile there are states in the country where events seem to be taking place as usual. It's as if these places aren't experiencing the same pandemic. Maybe we can just move some of these events to those states?

There has been no event anywhere, in any state, that has taken place the size of or anywhere close to the size of Coachella

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: January 30, 2021 16:22

OneHourPhoto
Dan

There has been no event anywhere, in any state, that has taken place the size of or anywhere close to the size of Coachella

Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota

Date: January 30, 2021 16:56

thumbprint
OneHourPhoto
Dan

Not quite as big but Rome River Jam in Rome, Georgia headlined by Luke Combs.

Dixie National Rodeo in Jackson, MS next month albeit with some really sloppy and unenforced social distancing protocols.

Date: January 30, 2021 19:17

thumbprint
OneHourPhoto
Dan

Yep and that turned out well. Some (including me) believe that's what set the fuse for the widespread outbreaks in that part of the US this past summer.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 30, 2021 20:33

daspyknows
thumbprint
OneHourPhoto
Dan

Yep and that turned out well. Some (including me) believe that's what set the fuse for the widespread outbreaks in that part of the US this past summer.

Sturgis is a poor example anyways. That is a week long event with both official and non-official events, gatherings, etc all thru out the Black Hills.

Coachella is a mass gathering event in one spot where approx 100K paying attendees gather each day. A event of this size will not take place in 2021.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-30 20:34 by OneHourPhoto.

Date: January 31, 2021 00:50

Maybe not Coachella but Stagecoach should be held somewhere, country music fans are so ready to party.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 31, 2021 01:12

Dan
Maybe not Coachella but Stagecoach should be held somewhere, country music fans are so ready to party.

I'm sure they are. Unfortunately the virus is ready to party too...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2021 01:14

Doesnt faze me
Wasnt gonna go any way ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 31, 2021 01:49

grzegorz67
Dan

I'm sure they are. Unfortunately the virus is ready to party too...

Country music fans are still buying tickets and got far fewer refunds when events were postponed. These were the bands that immediately downscaled and played anywhere allowed under any local social distance protocol. It's almost like they are living in a completely universe where life is normal.

But the whole country music touring ethos is based on being able to play on the weekend whether it's bars or stadiums. We will see large scale country music events in 2021 while rock bands have to regroup, rehearse, repromote and resell all the tickets. Next tours to get the axe are James Taylor/Jackson Browne and Motley Crue/Def Leppard stadium tour.

Don't get me started on sports fans.

We needed uniformity and cooperation and didn't get it. The virus is just gonna party on.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2021 05:03

New Orleans Jazz Fest is scheduled for October 8-17. I won't be going. Mostly because it would be a bad idea but partially because I highly doubt it will happen - there are way too many selfish people spreading COVID.

The numbers have come down in Louisiana and people are running around saying "I had COVID, I'm immune!" - I heard someone say that yesterday.

Those people believe their own fake news. That's the fake patriotism that is popping up all over the place like the plague - they CONTINUE to ignore, deny and defy science and facts.

People with a conscience wear a mask.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 31, 2021 09:04

GasLightStreet
New Orleans Jazz Fest is scheduled for October 8-17. I won't be going. Mostly because it would be a bad idea but partially because I highly doubt it will happen - there are way too many selfish people spreading COVID.

The numbers have come down in Louisiana and people are running around saying "I had COVID, I'm immune!" - I heard someone say that yesterday.

Those people believe their own fake news. That's the fake patriotism that is popping up all over the place like the plague - they CONTINUE to ignore, deny and defy science and facts.

I'm in Louisiana and I won't be going either, for the same reason. Sadly.

Date: February 1, 2021 02:43

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

I'm in Louisiana and I won't be going either, for the same reason. Sadly.

When I lived in New Orleans, part of which my time there included three years in the French Quarter, I heard a lot of people say "You should've been here..." which I didn't buy into. I'm here NOW. This is now, not then. Preservation Through Neglect is the motto, which is visible everywhere, and New Orleans certainly is a city that actively looks at the past and has trouble with accepting the future.

Having left New Orleans in the spring of 2004 it took me a while to get used to where I live (I worked in New Orleans until the summer of 2015). I wasn't sure if I would stay, that I would move back instead of going somewhere else. But courtesy of the newspaper at the time and the internet and, occasionally, WWL The Big 870, I started to accumulate a distancing from my past in NO and started to get a better understanding of just how screwed up NO is.

That has snowballed substantially in the last few years with how the city handles a multitude of things, like the water bill and the quality of the streets and property taxes all skyrocketing, but what has changed in a way that was different from when I was there - which at that point it was the murder capital of the world - is how the crime has become omni-present. In the 1990s it was in pockets. People knew where not to go.

That is no longer.

With a subversive and casually corrupt mayor that yawns at the collapse of the Hard Rock, refuses to pay income tax yet alone a plethora of other greasy wheel type typical political crap - all of which is enabled by the people of New Orleans - the crime is enough reason not to go there.

I haven't been in over 2 years to just hang out with the exception being the number of music shows I went to in 2019. Having dealt with assaults personally when I lived there, the idea of having to protect myself yet alone someone else has become too much of an issue to just go have a good time.

The idea of hanging around 75,00 - 120,000 people, or what will most likely be a less amount than that - just to hear some live music and eat some astoundingly awesome food is simply a bad idea on a number of levels yet alone possibly being infected with SARS-CoV-2 and getting COVID-19.

Date: February 1, 2021 04:50

GasLightStreet

smileys with beer I will be vaxxed and masked before I go. Wouldn't do Jazzfest this year for same reasons. Cautiosly optimistic 2022 we will be in a better place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-01 04:52 by daspyknows.

Date: February 1, 2021 05:58

daspyknows
GasLightStreet

smileys with beer I will be vaxxed and masked before I go. Wouldn't do Jazzfest this year for same reasons. Cautiosly optimistic 2022 we will be in a better place.

I @#$%& HOPE SO!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home