Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Busking in Belfast
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 19, 2021 01:23

I was looking for this thread but couldn't find it when I searched! This band is literally my favourite band in the past 10 years.
Stamp On It is a great song, sort of a Suzi Quattro style. It looks like even little sis Mamie on drums is even singing in the vid. The audio and video production are getting more professional.
Hopefully they get signed to an actual record deal soon! I look forward to more of their tunes, regardless if they're originals or covers.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: June 19, 2021 22:57

DGA35
I was looking for this thread but couldn't find it when I searched! This band is literally my favourite band in the past 10 years.
Stamp On It is a great song, sort of a Suzi Quattro style. It looks like even little sis Mamie on drums is even singing in the vid. The audio and video production are getting more professional.
Hopefully they get signed to an actual record deal soon! I look forward to more of their tunes, regardless if they're originals or covers.

Siren Song is another well done original. They have nice range and feel, I hope they don't end up with a producer that misses their strengths.

Date: June 20, 2021 22:23

Yes, Siren Song is a very good song. Reminds me of a CSNY type song. From 2019 so Mollie is only 19, Orlaith is 18 and drummer Mamie is only 15! I wish they would put out more videos.
Waiting for them to do a Stones song now!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 22, 2021 13:24

Stoneage
In what way do three young girls playing fifty years old, outdated, rock music give you hope about the future of rock music? (I'm not particularly impressed by them anyway. They sound like any replica band.
A bit more amateurish though. The difference is sex and age.)

Because they look good and put a smile on your face, they will go a long way winking smiley

Basically they are enjoying themselves, that's what this music is all about

Date: June 23, 2021 02:12

Rocktiludrop
Stoneage
In what way do three young girls playing fifty years old, outdated, rock music give you hope about the future of rock music? (I'm not particularly impressed by them anyway. They sound like any replica band.
A bit more amateurish though. The difference is sex and age.)

Because they look good and put a smile on your face, they will go a long way winking smiley

Basically they are enjoying themselves, that's what this music is all about

So true, good music gives enjoyment for all...that's enough

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: November 19, 2021 20:53

I think I have searched everything by Dea Matrona on youtube and found this full concert, [www.youtube.com], some songs can be a little naked with just one guitar, but excellent perfomance overall. And the coolest drummer after Charlie

Date: November 20, 2021 03:04

Good to see this thread get resurrected! There was a video posted of their rooftop performance this summer that ran about half an hour. That's the one they debuted Cradle Rock by Rory Gallagher. I noticed on Oh Well, Mamie now has a cowbell that she plays and they play a longer version of Crossroads.
The band's own Youtube channel only has 37 videos so there's probably more vids of them that are from others.
I mentioned Dea on the thread about what's your favourite new band!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2021 04:55

Leave it to the women to carry the remaining torches. I've resigned to give all the power , musically, politically, spiritually, sexually, et.al. to the fairer sex. Maybe they can clean up the huge mess we left 'em.

Date: January 1, 2022 05:11

I see Dea Matrona have put out another video of them busking in Belfast on Christmas Eve. This one goes for over half an hour, includes several original tunes and covers like Oh Well, with Mamie now using the cowbell, extended Crossroads, Whole Lotta Love and Purple Haze.
You can see they've matured a lot over the course of the last year, Molly and Orlaith still switch off between guitar and bass.
Now they need to put out a Stones song!

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: January 4, 2022 14:56

DGA35
I see Dea Matrona have put out another video of them busking in Belfast on Christmas Eve. This one goes for over half an hour, includes several original tunes and covers like Oh Well, with Mamie now using the cowbell, extended Crossroads, Whole Lotta Love and Purple Haze.
You can see they've matured a lot over the course of the last year, Molly and Orlaith still switch off between guitar and bass.
Now they need to put out a Stones song!

Yup, I think they're pretty cool too. Here's the Christmas Eve busk. Enjoy.

Date: January 8, 2022 23:29

The band has released another Youtube video yesterday, this time Mollie and Orlaith playing acoustic guitars singing Simon and Garfunkel's Homeward Bound! Excellent harmony vocals.

Date: February 25, 2022 16:56

Glory Glory (I am Free). I think these ladies keep getting better! Enjoy.

Date: February 25, 2022 22:03

Excellent song! Wish Mamie was shown in the video drumming.

Date: February 25, 2022 23:07

DGA35
Excellent song! Wish Mamie was shown in the video drumming.

Me too!

Date: February 28, 2022 04:21

Many thanks for sharing this, my first listen. They are always doing great stuff it seems!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 1, 2022 03:27

They have a new drummer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 1, 2022 09:20

colonial
They have a new drummer

Yes, I see on their twitter that Mamie left the band mid February to concentrate on her education.

Date: May 17, 2022 21:27

Dea Matrona is currently on tour in Europe (as opening act for Eagles of Death Metal). I saw them in Oslo last night, an excellent performance.
Go and see them if you can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 21:28 by GeorgV.

Date: May 17, 2022 21:30

GeorgV
Dea Matrona is currently on tour in Europe (as opening act for Eagles of Death Metal). I saw them in Oslo last night, an excellent performance.
Go and see them if you can.

Nice, do you know who the new drummer is? Is their setlist all original tunes or do they do a mix of original/cover?

Date: May 17, 2022 21:45

I think this setlist from April 30th is the same as yesterday
Setlist 30th April

I don't remember the name of the new drummer

Date: May 17, 2022 22:01

Nice to see them doing Oh Well, Crossroads and Cradle Rock in their set!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home