Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones--Germany-concerts 2006??
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 3, 2005 21:55

Eric, congratulations! You have better knowlege of German geography than Germans.

There used to be a Schüttorf festival site in Schüttorf. The first festival there took place in 1981 with The Cure and German New Wave Band Ideal (I was there). The site of the festival has moved at least once, organizers had had various problems and the festival didn't happen for several years.

When the Stones were headliners of the Schüttorf festival (actually a Stones gig with many opening acts), the site had moved to this famous "field in the middle of nowhere", which I think was closer to Bad Bentheim than to Schüttorf.

See website [www.schuettorffestival.de]
and find the Woodstock type picture from 1981 and some shots from 1995

Posted by: campino001 ()
Date: November 4, 2005 01:08

Hy
I life in Germany
I think the stones play are

Munich (I hope they Play in the Allianz Arena but the old Stadium id OK, too)
Berlin -- Olympia Stadium
Hockenheimring -- Race Ring
hannover -- AWD Arena
Düsseldorf - LTU Arena
Hamburg - AOL Arena
Cologne - Rhein Enery Stadium
Gelsenkirchen - Velins Arena
Frankfurt -- Commerzbank Arena

In stadiums in Hanover, Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin and Gelsenkirchen, an entrance is only in May or after the groups phase possible

Because yes in the period the World Cup takes place, it can be also that they will play on both best festivals (Rock im Park und Rock am Ring)

We have the World Cup and the best stadiums in the world

We see ourselves in Germany

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 4, 2005 02:13

Campino, you could be right about the cities, but there is NO CHANCE for a gig in the new Allianz Arena in Munich. They will play the "old" Olympiastadium though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 4, 2005 02:22

arent Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Cologne all a bit too close together to make it unlikely they'd play more than one or two of those places?

Date: November 4, 2005 14:08

campino 001, I live in cologne and agree with gazza: düsseldorf, gelsenkirchen and cologne are too close together. I suppose it will only be one location there in the west, and as I know from "good sources" cologne is the favourite. and what I heard it will not be the rhein-energie-sadium, but the fields called "jahn wiesen" just beside the stadium. it takes 80.000 (stadium is only 54000). it fits in someway as robbie williams management is just trying to make a contract with the city of cologne to do 3 (three!!!) open airs on this fields in a row in late summer 2006 (and at no other location here in germany)...but - as bjoenulf says - : let`s wait and see

Posted by: campino001 ()
Date: November 4, 2005 14:49

The Stones play at this Tour 2-3 Shows in west germany

2 Days in Düsseldorf or 2 Days in Cologne ... ???

I wait to the Tour Dates ...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home