Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jumpin' Jack Flash live in London Dec.14, 1969
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:58

listening to this soundboard recording (wonder where the rest of the show is?)....The Stones in all of their full musical glory....Jagger's vocal intensity really stands out on this track (he's the white soulman on this)and has to yell at a crazed fan on stage: "GET THE @#$%& OUTTA HERE!" ballsy, just like the music...the dual guitar attack sounds like a runaway chainsaw!...Nasty with intent & purpose....can't get enough of this...it's a gas, gas, gas y'all!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-02 03:53 by Leonard Keringer.

Re: Jumpin' Jack Flash live in London Dec.14, 1969
Date: November 2, 2005 03:46

D'accord, mon ami, d'accord...

The audiences were described as too subdued for the December 69 shows, as the were for the September '73 mega-shows. The British just don't really get their rocks off unless they're hurling Malatov Cocktails at anti-Provost police.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: November 2, 2005 03:55

British audiences must have made a big change since then - I've been at Wembley for two shows back in 1995 and the audience got sheer mad!!!

Nevertheless, it'd always interested me why this single song from the Saville soundboard showed up some years ago - where's the rest?

Maybe Gazza will help?

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 2, 2005 06:37

"The British just don't really get their rocks off unless they're hurling Malatov Cocktails at anti-Provost police." Really. Where are the soccer hooligans when you really need them?

Please post that Mp3 for download beeyatch!

Date: November 2, 2005 06:49

the video for it and 2 others from this 69 show at the saville in london (either dec `14 or 15) appear as bonus tracks on the "big c@cks@cker blues" DVD released by 4 real productions

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 2, 2005 12:21

Yes, its on the 4reels DVD. But I have this stuff on an old video, from the mid 90s, so it has been in circulation for a long time. There is a 2-page interview with Jagger in NME, from right after the show. Theyre drinking champagne and eating berries. There he talks about how disappointed he was with the show. Only journalists at one show, and trendy hippies at the other.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 2, 2005 12:32

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There he talks about how disappointed he
> was with the show. Only journalists at one show,
> and trendy hippies at the other.

a stones theatre show with too many hangers-on and a low percentage of real fans...!

Good to see they learned from that...

that would never happen now, eh? winking smiley

Date: November 2, 2005 20:09

that footage and the unreleased altamont footage referred to in another thread all have the same looking time stamp, making me wonder if the maysle bros followed them to england and filmed some of the gigs immediate after the US tour

they were there filmimng the mixing of "Ya Yas" so it seems plausible

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: November 2, 2005 21:31

The Stones played 2 concerts at the Saville Theatre 14/12/05 and on December 21st play 2 Christmas concerts at the Lyceum Ballroom in the Strand,London
Can't find the setlists but Mick did say -

Mick Jagger (December 1969): Playing the Saville
The first show was a bore; the second show was much better. The first house was full of @#$%& journalists... Don't feel sorry for me. It was just another gig for me. I felt sorry for them. The most blasé audiences in the world are in our own country, which is why we don't play here.

Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: November 3, 2005 15:35

can you send it-never heard mick trlling fans to f... off!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home