Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards interview by BBC Nov. 19, 2020
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 19, 2020 16:27

Keith Richards: 'I'll celebrate the Stones' 60th anniversary in a wheelchair' (BBC Nov 19, 2020)

Talk turns to the future of the Rolling Stones. Earlier this year, the band released a sparse, funky new single, Living In A Ghost Town, prompted by the initial stages of the lockdown

Their first new material in eight years, it was taken from sessions for a proposed studio album - but the pandemic has put those plans on ice.

"With The Stones really, they have to be in the same room to play," Richards explains. "I've been in touch with Mick and Ronnie [Wood] and I'm trying to figure out if we could pull a session together in the next few weeks - but it's all a bit of an experiment really."

Still, he writes all the time, keeping two or three guitars "lying around the house in strategic spots, in case I feel like grabbing one".

"Being a songwriter is one of those things," he says. "You can hear somebody say something in the kitchen and by the time you get to the living room, you've got a song going."

Bjornulf

Re: Keith Richards interview by BBC Nov. 19, 2020
Date: November 21, 2020 07:20

Thank you for sharing smileys with beer

Re: Keith Richards interview by BBC Nov. 19, 2020
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 21, 2020 11:38

bv
Keith Richards: 'I'll celebrate the Stones' 60th anniversary in a wheelchair' (BBC Nov 19, 2020)

Talk turns to the future of the Rolling Stones. Earlier this year, the band released a sparse, funky new single, Living In A Ghost Town, prompted by the initial stages of the lockdown

Their first new material in eight years, it was taken from sessions for a proposed studio album - but the pandemic has put those plans on ice.

"With The Stones really, they have to be in the same room to play," Richards explains. "I've been in touch with Mick and Ronnie [Wood] and I'm trying to figure out if we could pull a session together in the next few weeks - but it's all a bit of an experiment really."

Still, he writes all the time, keeping two or three guitars "lying around the house in strategic spots, in case I feel like grabbing one".

"Being a songwriter is one of those things," he says. "You can hear somebody say something in the kitchen and by the time you get to the living room, you've got a song going."

Long time since Keith's been near the kitchen then eh?..................He must be having flash backs to the kitchen - 'As Tears Go By'...................confused smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home