Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Event T - Shirts
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: November 11, 2020 05:51

They've brought out some great ones over the years, Paris, Olympia, and London, Brixton Academy, '95, Oakland '94 (Halloweek), and in more recent time re-produced, To '89, Jacksonville '75, and my favourite, Pasadena Oct, 19 & 21 1994.

Pasadena on the 19th was my first ever gig and I remember being very dark on myself the next day for not buying a bootleg T after the show, I think at the time I felt guilty for dropping so much cash at the merch tent before the gig!

Anyway my mission here is to hopefully make contact with I assume Bravado? as there was a T the Stones released after they must have completed shows in the Bay Area during the B2B tour which had the hammered metal tongue on the front and a graphic of either the Golden Gate or Oakland Bridge on the back with the caption "Bridge Closed".

I loved that shirt but must have been light on funds at the time as I never bought it.

My question is does anyone out there have an appropriate contact I can reach out to lobby to, to consider re-releasing this great shirt?

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 05:52 by Paulhanrahan.

Re: Stones Event T - Shirts
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 11, 2020 05:56

It was Anthill back then... I would recommend keeping your eye on eBay or perhaps someone here has a spare one or one they will part with

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 11, 2020 08:16

I think I remember seeing that shirt at the show in Oakland, thought it was nice too. But I don't think you will be able to convince anyone to do a rerun of them, there is all the licensing and such to consider. I do think there might be a slight, outside chance you could interest someone at the RS online store but a more realistic path might be as Mattlee suggests, just look for an original. Might be a long shot but you just never know. Could also be there is a warehouse full of them somewhere in the bay area, too...maybe try to find this Anthill bunch?

jb

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 11, 2020 08:28

Does Anthill still exist? If so, as jbwelda says, no chance to get a remake, because their licence contract is long over. Sometimes indeed there are "places" where remainders are stored, but T-shirts of "local" cóncerts are made in small quantities and then eBay or other similar sites will be you only chance (fill you wallet winking smiley)

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 11, 2020 08:37

There is always Amoeba in Berkeley, San Francisco and LA (that one may have closed). You could be surprised what they can source, especially things like local show t shirts. Sometimes they get offered and buy up surplus stock and then flog them in their shops and on ebay. You might be able to contact someone there by phone and inquire if they happen to have any.

Really the best bet would be to find the artwork somewhere off the net, and take it to a t shirt printing shop and make your own bootleg! Run 10 and sell off the extras here. I think your chances of finding an original are pretty slim, honestly. But it is nice to have a holy grail to seek.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2020 08:54

Dimmeys had hundreds of Stones T-shirts
from the cancelled Aussie 2014 tour ....

Had the cancelled tour dates on the back .... great quality T's

Five bucks each or five for $20 ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 11, 2020 10:47

Rockman
Dimmeys had hundreds of Stones T-shirts
from the cancelled Aussie 2014 tour ....

Had the cancelled tour dates on the back .... great quality T's

Five bucks each or five for $20 ...

those shows were eventually made up, right, Rockman? Originally a what, April tour and instead played in November, or something like that.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 11, 2020 10:53

I bet that that will eventually show up E Bay. Think about it, there were FOUR shows in the Oakland Coliseum Stadium at that time, the most of any on that tour, they've GOT to show up at some point. I went to two of them and did buy the shirt which I still have (not selling)and the image on the back is truly beautiful -- night time with the Bay Bridge and lights of various sorts. The bridge cables all lit up. And I think it said The Rolling Stones with Pearl Jam, Sold Out or something like that. I wore it a few months ago again for the first time in a while. I should grab it out of my closet for an exact description, or take a pic and post it, but prolly too lazy.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 10:54 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2020 11:01

Originally a what, April tour and instead played in November, or something like that.

14 On Fire ... 21 Feb Abu Dhabi thru to 5 April Auckland

ROCKMAN

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 11, 2020 13:01

Paulhanrahan
with the caption "Bridge Closed".

If I remember correctly, the t-shirt with the "Bridge closed" caption was sold at the last US show of the Bridges To Babylon tour, in Chicago 1998.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home