Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is This Tour better than Licks ??? I doubt it....it sucks
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:08

wisertime Wrote:
> I have good recordings of this tour but not great
> ones, and these recordings are made with great
> taping gear. Its much more difficult to tape a
> Stones show nowadays than a Springsteen or Dylan
> show.
>

why do you think that is?

Most of the reviews I've read on this tour have said that the sound has been excellent

I've collected every Stones, Dylan and Springsteen show from 2005 that I can get and (aside from the fact that Bruce's tour is acoustic so the sound quality should be good) its odd that the quality of the recordings that have surfaced so far on the Stones shows have been relatively mediocre by comparison. Even the BTB and Licks recordings were better quality

Date: November 1, 2005 18:17

I don't think they're making the most out of this tour but,listen to She's So Cold from this tour.That's what everybody wanted before - loud guitars similar to '82 and the song sounds better as a whole yet,people still insist that they sound bad.Like I said before,Get Off Of My Cloud sounds far better than the mid seventies versions.IORR sounds better than it did on the Licks Tour.I don't get this part of the argument.They just need to play some other songs.This is why we need club shows.The Licks theater shows included good rare songs but still had quite a few warhorses.Hopefully,if we ever get them(which I am starting to seriously doubt),they will play even more rarities instead of warhorses to balance out the stadium and arena song selection a little bit.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:31

esky wrote:

>As I said - they are great but not as good as Licks......

esky really said:

> THEY SOUND SHIT!!!!!!!!

what, you shelled out zero for some shit recording and think u have the right to critique? u r a moron.
if u have the balls to say they suck then back it up. don't later say " no they are great, but licks is better" u pussy.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:32

good post, Theif ..cant argue with too much of that..

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:41

Rik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you all stupid?
> Esky likes the stones but doesn't like this tour.
> That's no shame.
> It;s not: who doesn't like this tour that you
> don't like the stones, there's an in between thing

No I think your a bit stupid mate, Esky does not like anything new by the Stones, tour or album, I remember he was dissing the album before he even heard it it, he may be a fan of there past but thats it judging from his posts, see below

>Early Signs for a studio album??? Disgusting!!!
>Posted by: Esky (IP Logged)
>Date: October 30, 2004 15:49

>Take the new LIVE ALBUM & Alfie soundtrack...even the most ardent followers of >the year 2000 "glimmer Twins" would say they are poor efforts...

>And to think some of us are waiting on the edge of a new album???...??!

>I'm scared to what they put out there. Scared? because I don't want my friends >to criticise me for being a Rolling Stones fan when they release stuff that's >worse than they have ever done!!! That's what I'm scared about.

>And for you guys who think there's gonna be a top 10 album coming....well think a>gain. I'll bet my right testicle that this album will be terrible!!!!

>I'm about to puke once again over Alfie and the new "Live Album"....what a >waste...and a disgrace...DISGUSTING!!!!!

>Esky

Yeah he has an open mind LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-01 18:46 by Ket.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:42

Esky Wrote:
> Can people just wake up? Get a grip on themselevs
> ??
>
> Sure, being at a Stone's show is superb! BUT -
> this Tour - I am amazed at the loving the band is
> getting. Oh but "they are rocking" "they are
> fantastic"....I'm sick of it !!!!!! Sorry -
> Jumping Jack Flash is fantastic for the 548 time
> again and again....
>
> From the bootleg recordings they sound shit ! -
> you cannot hide this sound - THEY SOUND
> SHIT!!!!!!!! Can someone please explain???? "But
> youy aren't at the show"....sure, but they will
> sound GREAT being there, BUT their sound is still
> shit!
> I just can't believe some of you guys think it is
> a great tour when basically half your "team" (aka
> Keith/Ron/Charlie) just wants to go home and
> collect the cash!
>
> Disgusted.
>
> Esky
So you'd rather hear Chuck play than Keith?
Get yer head out of your arse and clean the shit out of yer ears LOL

Date: November 1, 2005 18:43

anyone who critiques their show without seeing one is a pussy

Date: November 1, 2005 18:46

The only people who are saying it sucked are 24 people on this this board.
Have heard nothing about sucking from other sites. So what if the show is choregrahped like Madonnas.
I love the bashing of the opening bands best. The Crue fans thought Stones were great when they saw them. You don't see The Stones hanging with an opening band often.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:57

I could see them playing lots of smaller venues in the future.

2120 S. Michigan Ave.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:48

Esky Wrote:
> fxc1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What an ASS-HOLE
>
>
> Yeah good call....
>
> Any other call?
> Can I have an opinion?
> Oh not you again ?
>
> Fair dinkum....
>
>
> As I said - they are great but not as good as
> Licks......

In the topic title you clearly state you think the tour sucks.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 1, 2005 20:00

"What an @#$%&"

"What an ASS-HOLE"

"It amazes me how someone can judge a band by some cheap ass recordings done at the shows with some clown holding his recorder in the air. What an ass."

"what a BIG @#$%&"

"anyone who critiques their show without seeing one is a pussy"

Remarkable how agressive some of you guys become when someone questions the quality of the Stones this time around. It makes me think of the so called 'mind guards' in the theory of 'group think'. Relax.

e.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 20:04

I agree w/ Mr. Ed....

chill out...

it's just people talking....

if YOU'RE enjoying the Stones, what else matters?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friends...

one man's garbage is another's treasure...

enough damn cliches....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 1, 2005 20:11

stickyfingers101 Wrote:
> I agree w/ Mr. Ed....
>
> chill out...
>
> it's just people talking....
>
> if YOU'RE enjoying the Stones, what else matters?
>
> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my
> friends...
>
> one man's garbage is another's treasure...
>
> enough damn cliches....
>
> sticky

It's a discussion forum. We are here for a healthy discussion, not for just bashing or praising the Stones. If you give your opinion on such a delicate subject, you're bound to get a negative reply aswell. There's nothing wrong with some agression, as long as you can keep it mature. There's nothing wrong with Esky's opinion, but if you post a message on a fanboard like this saying "the new tour sucks", people are going to disagree with you, and if you don't like that, you shouldn't have come here in the first place and keep your opinion to yourself.

Date: November 1, 2005 20:20

i bet if i posted mr. edward SUCKS! then you'd get a little aggressive . i wouldn't do that because i don't know you personally and have no grudge against you. kind of like not seeing them live and saying they suck.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 1, 2005 20:42

I get the point, JJFlash. They suck, no they don't. Yes, they do. All opinions. I also don't know why Esky started a new thread when we had several theads discussing the same thing. Maybe to provoke and if so, he succeeded.

Just relax.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: November 1, 2005 21:08

In my opinion this tour is the best since 1995. You see, there are different opinions and one tragedy here. Esky's tragedy. I can understand him. People enjoy the tour. International Press (not only the "exaggerating reviewers" on the boards of the "blinded" fans) is full of positive even enthousiastic articles about the Stones and their performing. Packed venues. So i can understand Esky's tragedy...

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 1, 2005 23:18

Jackass Wrote:
> It amazes me how someone can judge a band by some
> cheap ass recordings done at the shows with some
> clown holding his recorder in the air. What an ass.

Some clown? Holding his recorder in the air?! Bitch I will kick your ass and shove my minidisc recorder down your throat! (just FYI, most people record on digital medium be in minidisc, dat, cellphone or digital harddrive. the main difference in quality comes from the mics and the taper's seat location. also, its very rare for someone to "hold up" their microphone in order to record the show. most tapers sow their mics into the cuff or collar of his/her jacket, etc.)

I took 5 newbies with me to Chicago this tour. They love the new album. They love the old stuff. They all know the hits but their collective favorites are along the lines of CYHMK, Rambler, The Last Time, Star Star, etc... Needless to say that after seeing ONE show this tour, they were blown away. So whats a college student to do? Well guess what, the 6 of us will be eating ramen noodles for the next several months in order to save up some dow to take a roadtrip to Memphis or St. Louis. All 5 of them want to go again, plus countless others want in on this trip.

My point? You're bitching is worthless. The Stones are the greatest rocknroll band in the world. I find it incredibly amusing that everyone who attends the shows is getting their faces rocked off, yet the only people bitching are supposed hardcore fans. Dont get me wrong, I've got my wishlist just like you. Flight 505, She Was Hot, Slave, Had It With You... none of those have seen the light of day. And what am I to do about it? Bitch and moan and whine cause they're not playing the tunes I want to hear? HELL NO! I'm gonna go to the show not caring what they play and its gonna be great. I've only had the opportunity to see them 6 times since 97 and have never once been disapppointed by the Stones.

Date: November 1, 2005 23:26

drake! u r so right. they never disapoint. i don't cry over the songs they won't play(sway, soul survivor, slave, t&a), but dig the songs they do.

rock on drake, r u going to chicago shows in january?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 2, 2005 00:02

Damn Esky, I had no idea you were so tragic! To all of you who hurl expletives and denegrate those who express opinions that you don't agree with is there any reason why you have to resort to this play ground mentality? Bash the post if you must but not the poster. Esky is a big a fan as anyone I know and good bloke to boot. (Beer's on you when we hook up Esky!)

Date: November 2, 2005 00:07

i have to side with chris because he's working on a killer boot for me from s.d. '69!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 2, 2005 00:09

Ha ha! That's right. I just posted it yesterday so you can give me shit if you like!

Date: November 2, 2005 00:11

no way man. i owe u bigtime! seriously.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 2, 2005 00:26

If you could show some manners and stop calling people by names only small pre-school kids use then I could keep these posts open.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home