Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith on Slide
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:47

Don't you fellows think that Keith has his own sound on Slide. Like everyhting else Keith does (bass, piano, vokals) he has developed soem sort of weird little corb\ner in Slide country that is entirely his own. I was listening to Pay Pack &Follow by Joh Phillips and the Stones. There is a tune where Keith is sliding and right away I am transoprted to Let it Bleed album. There is that unmistakable Keithian sound. For one his sound is very bassy. He uses much of the lower str8ings too. Ron e.g will often use that real tebly, superclean sound; almost as if he is running thru a Wah pedal with the Wah turned all the way up. Keith though is a little distorted. he also loves these quick slides up on the high E. Where he slides up and does these kind of squeals that aren't really a note but more an effect.

Re: Keith on Slide
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 1, 2005 11:41

Yup. Listen to Midnight rambler, listen and learn form the master. Brian was of course the real master with Little red Rooster, No Expectations etc.

Re: Keith on Slide
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 1, 2005 13:30

well, go on then! i'd love it if you felt like giving us a guided tour of Keith on Slide,
which is something i respond to in an animal way, not knowing *how* i know that's him.
details details, please and thank you! i'll make popcorn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home