Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Seattle Show, Mick, and an Odd Occurrence
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 31, 2005 20:51

I enjoyed the show and had a good seat. The setlist wasn't my favorite, but it really is all a matter of taste anyway. I could have done without Out of Control and Tumblin' Dice. I liked Ruby Tuesday, Get Off My Cloud and several others. Lisa really sang her lungs out on Night Time is the Right Time, wow.

Another review thought the sound was clear, but to me it was pretty bad. The guitars were indistinguishable one from another, it all sounded like a jumbled mess on many of the songs, though the vocals were clear.

The crowd was up and standing for most of the show and were loud and into it. Only a few from my section left before the show was done.

I have to say that Mick is an incredible performer. How many men his age can dance and move like he can? His energy level is remarkable, not slowing down for 2 hours. He is the consummate showman, giving it all he's got.

Now, about the oddity . . . .Motley Crue opened the show. I'm not a fan, so I saw one number and walked around after that. My seat was to the right of the stage, about half way back, 6 rows up from the floor, on the aisle. In fact, the B stage was pretty much right in front of where I sat. Anyway, about 2 songs into the Stones set, someone bumps into me and I turn around and see it is Nikki Sixx! He and his girlfriend/wife? and 2 big body guards were taking their seats one row behind me across the aisle. It was surreal. They stayed for 2 songs or so and shortly after Mick said, "Weren't Motley Crue good tonight?", they all then got out of their seats, walked back down to the floor, and left. I found it odd, in that I'm wondering, is that how it usually works? Do the members of the opening act generally sit with the rest of us, and not even a premium seat? Have any of you ever seen that happen much at a Stones show?

All in all, it was a memorable night and I had a fantastic time.

Re: The Seattle Show, Mick, and an Odd Occurrence
Posted by: 2000 Man ()
Date: October 31, 2005 20:53

Lenny Kravitz sat next to me in 94 at East Lansing Michigan.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 31, 2005 21:14

At the Pittsburgh show, after Eddie Vedder sang Wild Horses, Eddie and a couple of other members of his entourage went from the back of the stage and onto the field. He walked around for a bit and then appeared that he went to one of the sound tower positions. People on the field walking around were too busy to notice. I observed this from the On Stage seats.

A week ago Paul M. O'Neill (Former US Treasury Secretary and George W Bush whistle blower) was behind me with his family grooving along to the music at a U2 show. He was having a blast and looked so much more relaxed then when working for Bush.

Date: October 31, 2005 21:16

The Pretenders drummer sat next to me in a Crouch End restaurant.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 31, 2005 21:33

I thought I saw John Mayer at the Philly show also sitting in the audience
about 10th row with various ushers wandering around...

Date: November 1, 2005 01:57

LETS SEEE.....eddie murphy and wife at the wiltern.....James taylor at roseland.....and courtney cox, ronnies girls, mary tyler moore, and micheal imperoli at MSG 1-18,

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: November 1, 2005 01:59

I saw Bert Richards wandering arouond the field of Giants Stadium at a show back in '94. He seemed to dig the crowd, but doesn't qualify as an opening act...

Date: November 1, 2005 02:07

I realize that many celebs attend the shows, but I'm referring to the members of the opening act specifically.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: November 1, 2005 02:20

It seems that celebrities attending the show are more importatnt than the show. It's sad sad sad, but probable. Listen to Lou Reed's New York telephone Conversation.

signed : a guy that don't speak enough good english to tell you what he think about your posts.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 1, 2005 02:54

We opened from the Stones in "62" and then watched them from atop the bar at the local pub!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 1, 2005 03:23

I wouldn't know a celebrity if he or she sat down right next to me. I never pay attention to them. I have had people point some out to me. In Vegas and New York. But I am just not interested . They are just faces in the crowd.

Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: November 1, 2005 09:40

Posted by: DaveG (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2005 02:07

"I realize that many celebs attend the shows, but I'm referring to the members of the opening act specifically."

I'm having trouble understanding your thread. Since you apparently don't have a frame of reference for what occured near you with Nikki Sixx, what makes that an "odd occurrence"? I don't get what you're trying to solve?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: November 1, 2005 14:21

Columbus 2002, I was in the 5th row at the very end of the row. When the band went to the B-stage I walked up the outside row of the floor to get a better look. As I started away from my seat, Jack and Meg White (White Stripes) and another fellow came up behind me from the stage area. We walked up to the middle of the floor right across from the B. I tried talking a little to them, but they mostly ignored me. Imagine that. The nerve!

Karl

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: November 1, 2005 15:09

In Detroit for 40 Licks our seats were right next to a sound tower. No Doubt opened and then the band came down and sat right next to us. The scene in the parking lot was better than watching them so I only heard their last two songs. I wasn't nearly as impressed as my 13 year old son when I told him. He couldn't believe I didn't ask for autographs! If I hadn't seen the last two songs on stage I wouldn't even of recognized them. That blond was kinda hot though...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:10

OhCarol, did your band really open for the Stones in '62? If so tell us more!

Date: November 1, 2005 19:03

southboundtrain, what I found odd is that one of the evenings performers came and sat in a 7th row seat with the rest of the ticket-buying public. I guess I had the assumption that they would be able to see the show from a more "V.I.P.-type" seat. I also found it odd that he made kind of a big deal about arriving and leaving, with bodyguards and all, only to leave after one or two songs. I really wasn't trying to make a point as much as wondering if this is a common occurrence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home