Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Atlantic City '89 - FM REBROADCAST?
Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: October 5, 2020 15:35

At the time, I did not know that this rebroadcast was being remastered, allegedly by Bob Clearmountain. I heard a bit if it but sadly, did not record it.

I recall noticing that the separation of guitars, keyboards was better and overall sound less muddy but it wasn't as powerful or vibrant as the original broadcast.

So does ANYBODY happen to have this?
Was it ever bootlegged?

Thank you,
Steve
SPB60515@Yahoo.com

Re: Atlantic City '89 - FM REBROADCAST?
Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: October 5, 2020 15:55

sbetz
At the time, I did not know that this rebroadcast was being remastered, allegedly by Bob Clearmountain. I heard a bit if it but sadly, did not record it.

I recall noticing that the separation of guitars, keyboards was better and overall sound less muddy but it wasn't as powerful or vibrant as the original broadcast.

So does ANYBODY happen to have this?
Was it ever bootlegged?

Thank you,
Steve
[email protected]

Most boots ? was made of this. TSP 075 beining the most famous.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 5, 2020 18:12

Wasn't the Crystal Cat boot (CC 459-460) made from this one?
(I may be wrong though).

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 5, 2020 22:51

So is my Crystal Cat version actually of the re broadcast?

It sounds very good but I have not analyzed it to the depth some around here have.

jb

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: October 5, 2020 23:44

sbetz

exactly when was this rebroadcast ?

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: October 6, 2020 00:26

The re-broadcast was, I believe, in June or thereabouts.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: October 6, 2020 00:31

On May 30th, 1990, there was the Rolling Stones on Fox TV simulcast on FM radio with most of the songs from the original Pay Per view show from Atlantic City December 19th, 1989, now officially released.
This Fox show was the show that included the 3-D segment, with some songs apparently from Japan 1990 and not Atlantic City 1989. The 3-D glasses were available at convenient stores for 79 cents.
I'm not sure or don't remember if the original 12/19/89 FM simulcast was ever re broadcasted on FM, unless it was done unofficially like some FM stations did with the Passaic NJ 1978 soundboard bootleg.

I seem to recall that the Fox FM simulcast had a better or different mix than the original live broadcast, but I haven't played the Fox FM tape in a while, and I haven't obtained the new official release for comparison to all sources.

Here’s one song from the Fox TV show 5/30/90 from my VHS tape archives
[youtu.be]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 6, 2020 03:52

deardoctortake1
On May 30th, 1990, there was the Rolling Stones on Fox TV simulcast on FM radio with most of the songs from the original Pay Per view show from Atlantic City December 19th, 1989, now officially released.
This Fox show was the show that included the 3-D segment, with some songs apparently from Japan 1990 and not Atlantic City 1989. The 3-D glasses were available at convenient stores for 79 cents.
I'm not sure or don't remember if the original 12/19/89 FM simulcast was ever re broadcasted on FM, unless it was done unofficially like some FM stations did with the Passaic NJ 1978 soundboard bootleg.

I seem to recall that the Fox FM simulcast had a better or different mix than the original live broadcast, but I haven't played the Fox FM tape in a while, and I haven't obtained the new official release for comparison to all sources.

Here’s one song from the Fox TV show 5/30/90 from my VHS tape archives
[youtu.be]

I think I still have a few pair of those 3d glasses

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2020 03:58

Remember these Treacle ....
in the back of every comic book ..

ROCKMAN

Date: October 6, 2020 04:42

I have this broadcast on tape. It was broadcast over one of the radio stations in the DC area I think it was in May or June of 1990.

It is a different mix than the PPV and I believe it is the same as the 3-D televison broadcast. I haven't watched a VHS tape in years but it may be the time to pull out the old player and watch the 3-D version. I have the glasses someplace as well.

I do distinctly remember liking the 3-D version better than the PPV but I have not watched it since it in about 30 years.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 8, 2020 18:15

I think i remember this one ( anyone do links anymore here ffs )
I seem to remember Keith saying something to the film crew at the end, it's bugging me because i usually remember anything Keef.
Anyhow this was a great show, the band were well rehearsed after so many dates, something that hasn't happened for nearly 30 years because of Mick's vulnerable voice.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 01:00

I recorded this concert on a cassette recorder. I had to turn the tape over to continue with the concert. The quality is fairly good and remember recording and listening to the show over my amp and speakers.

Date: October 10, 2020 03:56

Rockman

AYE! The good old days.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2020 04:03

Up there with Sea Monkeys ......

ROCKMAN

Date: October 10, 2020 14:54

Rockman
Up there with Sea Monkeys ......

LOL...you have a good memory.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 10, 2020 15:24

OMG, Sea Monkeys were the best! I went thru those at least 4 or 5 times over the years.

They never did grow enough for me to see those funny faces or play w/ beach balls, like the pictures in the ad!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 11, 2020 15:27

treaclefingers
Rockman

C
AYE! The good old days.

I remember those.
Still wonder what did you really see lol.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 11, 2020 18:55

I still have my vhs tape and glasses from the fox rebroadcast in the summer of 90. The show was condensed down to only about 14 or so tracks to fit a 90 minute time slot I think. The fox tv special was titled “terrifying” and the songs in 3D were paint it black, 2000 light years and it’s only rock n roll.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-11 19:06 by shadooby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home