Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best Setlist??
Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: October 30, 2005 03:15

What was the best setlist of all the tours between steel wheels and A Bigger Bang...in your opinion. I'd say No Security. I like this tour alot. B2b was great but the no security tour was a fun setlist.

Re: Best Setlist??
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 30, 2005 03:23

I think Voodoo Lounge tour had a good setlist

Date: October 30, 2005 03:24

Some of the Licks Tour set lists were also great.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 30, 2005 06:44

A Bigger Bang

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 30, 2005 10:23

Every time I try to make this decision I conclude that it's an impossible choice.
VDL, Briges, NS, Licks all had some great songs from the sixties and seventies.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 30, 2005 11:06

No Security.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 30, 2005 13:18

Licks, ABB or VL. I can't decide.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 30, 2005 13:23

Why No Security? How can you choose?

Bridges for example had Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown [the real song not the piece of crap they performed this tour], Crazy Momma, Sister Morphine, The Last Time, Let's Spend the Night Together, She's a Rainbow, Time is On My Side.

No Security had Moonlight Mile, I Got the Blues, Get Off My Cloud, You Got the Silver, Some Girls, Just My Imagination.

Voodoo Lounge had Connection, Not Fade Away, It's All Over Now.

Licks had Hand of Fate, If You Can't Rock Me, Stray Cat Blues, No Expectations, Loving Cup, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Mannish Boy, Everybody Need's Somebody to Love, Torn & Frayed, Parachute Woman, That's How Strong My Love Is, She Smiled Sweetly.

Steel Wheels had One Hit (to the body); Play With Fire, Salt of the Earth, 2000 Light Years from Home.

Two or more of the above tours had ten to twenty other fantastic songs in the set list. I don't see how you can say one is best, but if I could only pick one tour I would have to go with Bridges I guess.

Date: October 30, 2005 13:26

The "A Bigger Bang Tour" set list has yet to develop a real identity of its own because,with the exception of five new songs,covers,She's So Cold & Sway once,the songs are all from previous tours.I consider the new songs a given but,on alot of nights we only get three of them.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2005 17:22

There is not ONE best Set list or one best song. There are many. Different taste.

Bjornulf

Date: October 30, 2005 17:25

BOBM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why No Security? How can you choose?
>
> Bridges for example had Under My Thumb, 19th
> Nervous Breakdown , Crazy Momma, Sister Morphine,
> The Last Time, Let's Spend the Night Together,
> She's a Rainbow, Time is On My Side.
>
> No Security had Moonlight Mile, I Got the Blues,
> Get Off My Cloud, You Got the Silver, Some Girls,
> Just My Imagination.
>
> Voodoo Lounge had Connection, Not Fade Away, It's
> All Over Now.
>
> Licks had Hand of Fate, If You Can't Rock Me,
> Stray Cat Blues, No Expectations, Loving Cup,
> Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Mannish Boy, Everybody
> Need's Somebody to Love, Torn & Frayed,
> Parachute Woman, That's How Strong My Love Is, She
> Smiled Sweetly.
>
> Steel Wheels had One Hit (to the body); Play With
> Fire, Salt of the Earth, 2000 Light Years from
> Home.
>
> Two or more of the above tours had ten to twenty
> other fantastic songs in the set list. I don't
> see how you can say one is best, but if I could
> only pick one tour I would have to go with Bridges
> I guess.
>
>
Earth to BOBM,
rarer songs dont make the setlists better.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2005 17:46

Correct. Rarer songs makes the set list better for you but worst for most others who don't know what strange unfamiliar song they are forced to listen to.

Bjornulf

Date: October 30, 2005 17:58

bv Wrote:
> Correct. Rarer songs makes the set list better for
> you but worst for most others who don't know what
> strange unfamiliar song they are forced to listen
> to.
>
> Bjornulf
which means the crowd will get restless and start to suck,
and Stones wont have energy to feed off of. (see Licks tour)

Date: October 30, 2005 22:58

"Earth to BOBM,
rarer songs dont make the setlists better."

you hit the spot slick, this is going in my profile

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 30, 2005 23:01

I agree with you Björnulf that there are different tastes and moods. But IMO the most stunning setlist is Knebworth 76!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 30, 2005 23:12

Licks easily, if due only to the changes from stadium to arena to theater

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: November 1, 2005 13:54

My HUGE Problem with Licks Tour was the Stones ONLY PLAYED She Smiled Sweetly, That's How Strong My Love Is" and Dance Part 2 at Theatre gigs which really ticked me off!!! I went to 6 shows on that tour and although the set list varied a bit each night, not once did I hear the gems I waited for! That was terrible! How hard would it have been to play these songs at an arena show!?? The concept of a theatre show is terrific IF you're lucky enough to get into one, Which I was NOT able to do, try as I did, it was impossible! SAD SAD SAD!

Date: November 1, 2005 16:54

In my opinion rarer songs do make the set list better.Becoming a more & more repetitive oldies act makes the set list worse.If they feel the need to play 90% old songs,they should offer something different from previous tours.Outtakes or b-sides aren't necessary but,if the crowd doesn't know album tracks,that's their problem.There are people out there who have purchased Stones albums.Just about all of their albums have reached the top 5,in most cases higher.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 1, 2005 23:35

No Security was great. I remember seeing the setlist from the first show and leaning back in my seat to re-read it a few times. So many great tunes in one setlist. Route 66, Midnight Rambler, Respectable, Some Girls, Moonlight Mile, Live With Me, etc. I still remember people complaining about the setlist after a few shows. Funny in retrospect. No Security is one for the books.

Posted by: chrisking ()
Date: November 2, 2005 05:17

You know what @#$%& THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW THE RARE SONGS! THOSE YUPPIES CAN KISS MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways it doesnt matter to me i love the stones as long as im there i dont care! Peace Out

Date: November 2, 2005 06:38

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> Outtakes or b-sides aren't necessary but,if the crowd
> doesn't know album tracks,that's their
> problem.
Its not their problem, its your problem. Theyre going to get the hits they want, while you wont get the album tracks you want. Majority rules.

Posted by: Space ()
Date: November 2, 2005 08:15

Hartford - licks tour the best I have seen- rambler for an encore... incredible!

Talkin bout the....

Date: November 2, 2005 08:54

'73 Europe/UK

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: November 2, 2005 09:03

i agree with bobm,bjornulf if some one pays 300 dollars to see the stones i doubt if any song shoud sound strange or unfamiliar.if your paying top dollar you should have it all 10 hits(jjf,iorr,bs,satisfaction,htw,td,sympathy,mr,smu,and miss you)atleast 4 new ones maybe even 5 or 6,and it still leaves 5 or 6 rarer classics to rotate.(mothers little helper,dance little sister,time waits for no one,one hit,blinded by rainbows,like a rain bow,under my thumb,time is on my side,she was hot,backstrret girl,thsmli)just to name a few.these are not rare tunes,there rarely played tunes,there a difference.the stones have always done that until this tour.the shows have been great on this tour,the garden was a knockout with a good set list and they played great absolutely awesome,but the song lists for anyone who has seen them 5 or more times(30)myself,sucks.

john scialfa

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: November 2, 2005 10:02

I agree they should pull out at least two obscure songs for each songs. Mind you the people with the pee problem or who have to go for a drink even go during the hits. However I have the slide feeling that people in Europe ( you may correct me though) appreciate also the songs which are not so wellknown. To me it seems in the US you have to have crowd pleasers all the time.
Calgary seems to me a bid EUROUS as the crowd was very wild though we had songs like wild horses.
I enjoyed Cirkus Stockholm setlist the most, the encore Sympahty was played so differently than to any other shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home