Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 19 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 18:34

Baker Manziel sux.

Full stop.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 22:03

Hard to believe Washington just released their 2019 1st Round pick Haskins.
Sunday's game is a win and yer in game for Redskins so i guess Riverboat Ron is looking to motivate his team with the release.
Haskins stinks - like all Ohio State QB's that make the Show - but to not have him available for this must win game (and potential playoff games) when your #1 QB hasn't played in a few weeks and your back up is Heineke really says something.
Hoping Philly beats Washington and the Giants beat Dallas.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 29, 2020 01:58

Dwayne Haskins was released because he isn't very mature and
does not exhibit a love for the game. He is the Jamarcus Russell
of our time.

On the other hand, as a Seahawks fan, GO HAWKS!!

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 04:58

stickyfingers101
Baker Manziel sux.

Full stop.

So... SF101, my sincere apologies being late to the party (having tracked this thread for a bit and not picking up on your subtly).

"Baker Manziel"?? really? Maybe I'm the lone Browns fan on here (please toss your darts gently), but that fish just doesn't swim.

Associate Baker with whom you like, but there is zero association to Manziel (when it comes to the Pro level). Manziel struggled to complete 8 friggin games over 2 seasons (injuries & constitution aside)? When he jockeyed to the CFL he threw 4 INT's in his first start (BY HALFTIME!) - dude is a train wreck (and I'm not even mentioning his off the field crap over the years!)

I'm not gonna quote Baker's stats, but he's head and shoulders above Manziel (I get it, they're both about the same height) + on the precipice of a playoff bid (which I think they'll get in the upcoming weekend) since HOW MANY YEARS!

Not the same comparison as Watts to Tony Chapman (you gotta know what I mean on being a Stones board), but Mayfield will stick in the league for a fair piece down the line IMO, which pales in horrific comparison to Johnny Manziel.

Full Stop.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 29, 2020 05:01

Wow the Bilks really kick some ass. Looks like KC and Bills for the AFC championship game

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 07:10

More Hot Rocks
Wow the Bilks really kick some ass. Looks like KC and Bills for the AFC championship game

I wish the Bills would have run up the score, glad to see Belichek finally losing. Wonder how Brady feels?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 29, 2020 07:15

Another great win for the Bills tonight, and showcasing their talents on prime time to boot! Looking good Josh Allen!

Date: December 29, 2020 16:46

BN78
stickyfingers101
Baker Manziel sux.

Full stop.

So... SF101, my sincere apologies being late to the party (having tracked this thread for a bit and not picking up on your subtly).

"Baker Manziel"?? really? Maybe I'm the lone Browns fan on here (please toss your darts gently), but that fish just doesn't swim.

Associate Baker with whom you like, but there is zero association to Manziel (when it comes to the Pro level). Manziel struggled to complete 8 friggin games over 2 seasons (injuries & constitution aside)? When he jockeyed to the CFL he threw 4 INT's in his first start (BY HALFTIME!) - dude is a train wreck (and I'm not even mentioning his off the field crap over the years!)

I'm not gonna quote Baker's stats, but he's head and shoulders above Manziel (I get it, they're both about the same height) + on the precipice of a playoff bid (which I think they'll get in the upcoming weekend) since HOW MANY YEARS!

Not the same comparison as Watts to Tony Chapman (you gotta know what I mean on being a Stones board), but Mayfield will stick in the league for a fair piece down the line IMO, which pales in horrific comparison to Johnny Manziel.

Full Stop.

I was really saying it in jest and to rag on Mayfield for choking vs. the Lowly Jets.

Not a Baker fan...never was. I wanted Josh Allen.

Baker's far better than Manziel, however...that's without question.

However, he's clearly the weak-link on the current Browns squad, IMO..

I love the Browns! My uncle was drafted by the Browns!

[packerspastperfect.wordpress.com]

Go Browns! (I think we are the only 2 Browns fans here)

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 18:35

stickyfingers101
BN78
stickyfingers101
Baker Manziel sux.

Full stop.

Full Stop.

I was really saying it in jest and to rag on Mayfield for choking vs. the Lowly Jets.

Not a Baker fan...never was. I wanted Josh Allen.

Baker's far better than Manziel, however...that's without question.

However, he's clearly the weak-link on the current Browns squad, IMO..

I love the Browns! My uncle was drafted by the Browns!

[packerspastperfect.wordpress.com]

Go Browns! (I think we are the only 2 Browns fans here)

That's some awesome history regarding your uncle, congrats!

I definitely think Mayfield doesn't help himself when he's sync'd out (supports your weak link theory), but when he's been dialed in this year, he's been phenomenal. Hopefully Stefanski can help him be more consistent.

I actually got to sit next to Lou Groza ("the Toe") at a pre-season game the year before he passed away - my brush with Browns royalty

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2021 03:36

The usual scenario babble going on but it looks like the Saints will finish second, especially considering that Kamara is out for the last game and first game of the playoffs.

Date: January 2, 2021 20:27

GOOOOO BROWNS!!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 2, 2021 22:51

GasLightStreet
The usual scenario babble going on but it looks like the Saints will finish second, especially considering that Kamara is out for the last game and first game of the playoffs.

Sounds like the whole Saints RB room is going to be out.

Date: January 3, 2021 01:31

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Sounds like the whole Saints RB room is going to be out.

I saw that while at work today.

Perhaps Christmas did it, as it has done to others and someone I know. I know some teams continue to have issues, the Saints have had very few, but the whole thing is so weird regardless.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 3, 2021 07:17

Looks like I'll be spending all day tomorrow watching football! Living in BC, from 10am til 8pm at night! Lots of channel surfing in the morning among all the games.
Hoping for a Bears win to get them into the playoffs but I'm sure Aaron Rogers will own them like he has his whole career.

Date: January 3, 2021 12:26

DGA35
Looks like I'll be spending all day tomorrow watching football! Living in BC, from 10am til 8pm at night! Lots of channel surfing in the morning among all the games.
Hoping for a Bears win to get them into the playoffs but I'm sure Aaron Rogers will own them like he has his whole career.

I'm all about the Bears & Panthers today (& Seahawks of course!). While remote, the Hawks have a chance for the number 1 seed in the NFC. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 3, 2021 12:44

Hopefully- this link can provide sanity to the playoff scenarios

[www.cbssports.com]

Date: January 3, 2021 16:32

crholmstrom
DGA35

I'm all about the Bears & Panthers today (& Seahawks of course!). While remote, the Hawks have a chance for the number 1 seed in the NFC. GO HAWKS!

LOL with the Panthers losing and the 49ers losing and... the Packers losing, well, that's a decent scenario for the Saints. That much more time for Brees to heal up and Kamara would be ready. The only way for the Saints to win it all is if they are on for all 3 games. They're such a weird team.

Week 17 prediction:
Miami will lose to the Bills and be eliminated while Indy wins and is in.

Packers beat Bears and Cardinals beat the Rams, Bears out, Cardinals in.

Saints win, finish 2nd.

Date: January 3, 2021 18:30

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
DGA35

LOL with the Panthers losing and the 49ers losing and... the Packers losing, well, that's a decent scenario for the Saints. That much more time for Brees to heal up and Kamara would be ready. The only way for the Saints to win it all is if they are on for all 3 games. They're such a weird team.

Week 17 prediction:

Saints win, finish 2nd.

Do you think the Saints are going to use Taysom Hill at RB?

Date: January 3, 2021 18:44

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
DGA35

Week 17 prediction:

Saints win, finish 2nd.

Do you think the Saints are going to use Taysom Hill at RB?

Sure but hopefully as little as possible if they want to win. They've called up a dude from the practice squad, who will most likely hang on to the ball.

All hope aside, and I know this is basically impossible, but if the Saints were to land Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt for this upcoming season... the chances of a Super Bowl in 2022 or certainly soon would rise immensely. Brees will finish with just one Super Bowl. Another one is not going to happen. There are a lot of Saints fans that say things like "Keep the faith!" etc and it just makes me laugh. When they screw up people change their hats, put on a different shirt. You know, "thoughts and prayers". Ridiculous. But it can be fun.

The Saints are about to enter the downfall period like the Patriots if they make Taysom Hill the QB and let Winston go. If they don't make Winston the QB or if they don't get a QB, it's over. And no matter how many times Cantlanta beats the Saints in the future, they'll hopefully never win a Super Bowl. The Falcants must remain winless for all time and so far they are track to do that. Detroilet of the South.

I almost said Cleveland. They still have plenty of time to remain the mistake by the lake.

Date: January 3, 2021 19:06

Most likely this is click bait but Ian Rappaport is reporting that Detroit is going after Seahawks GM John Schneider & another team also. Schneider is under contract for next season but has an out if another team were to offer total control. In Seattle, Pete Carroll has final say in personnel matters but since he & Schneider have been in lock step most of the time it hasn't been an issue. Pete is under contract until 2025 but Schneider hasn't been extended yet. I'm sure its in the works. Rappaport seems to be one of those guys who is so intent on scooping the competition that a lot of rumours get reported that don't have a lot of basis in reality. I'd be shocked if Schneider left Seattle. He has a great situation here. The exception would be if Green Bay offered him the GM position there as Schneider grew up in Green Bay personally & professionally. While ownership is stable in Seattle under Paul Allen's sister (she's a huge Hawks fan) & seems to be following her brother's operating principles it's not out of the question that she would sell the team. The smart money is on Jeff Bezos as the next owner. The NFL wants him in the ownership group real bad, especially Jerry Jones. Maybe it would be a good thing but I have my doubts. I think Bezos would be way more hands on as an owner which isn't a good thing a lot of the time.

Date: January 3, 2021 20:41

The NFL does not need Jeff Bezos as an owner.

The only way Detroit will lure anyone away from a good thing is with HUGE money.

Cam Newton will be available...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 3, 2021 20:55

crholmstrom
Most likely this is click bait but Ian Rappaport is reporting that Detroit is going after Seahawks GM John Schneider & another team also. Schneider is under contract for next season but has an out if another team were to offer total control. In Seattle, Pete Carroll has final say in personnel matters but since he & Schneider have been in lock step most of the time it hasn't been an issue. Pete is under contract until 2025 but Schneider hasn't been extended yet. I'm sure its in the works. Rappaport seems to be one of those guys who is so intent on scooping the competition that a lot of rumours get reported that don't have a lot of basis in reality. I'd be shocked if Schneider left Seattle. He has a great situation here. The exception would be if Green Bay offered him the GM position there as Schneider grew up in Green Bay personally & professionally. While ownership is stable in Seattle under Paul Allen's sister (she's a huge Hawks fan) & seems to be following her brother's operating principles it's not out of the question that she would sell the team. The smart money is on Jeff Bezos as the next owner. The NFL wants him in the ownership group real bad, especially Jerry Jones. Maybe it would be a good thing but I have my doubts. I think Bezos would be way more hands on as an owner which isn't a good thing a lot of the time.

The Schneider and Salah connection should not be dismissed. Salah will be a HC somewhere (Det, Atl, SD) and I am sure he wants to be paired with a top tier GM.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 3, 2021 21:29

The Bills will give KC a run for their money for the AFC championship game.

Date: January 3, 2021 21:42

Well I'm seeing the Dolphins-Bills game (Bills up big)

Cowboys- Giants( 20-9) game still undecided)

If the Dolphins lose will they still be in the playoffs?

Does the Cowboys - Giants game mean anything?

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 3, 2021 21:48

<Does the Cowboys - Giants game mean anything?>

Yes.
If Giants win and Washington loses the Giants host a home playoff game.
And if Dallas wins and Washington loses the Cowboys are in the playoffs.

If Washington beats Philly they are NFC East Champs with a home playoff game.

Date: January 3, 2021 21:55

nellcote'71

Yes.
If Giants win and Washington loses the Giants host a home playoff game.
And if Dallas wins and Washington loses the Cowboys are in the playoffs.

If Washington beats Philly they are NFC East Champs with a home playoff game.

Thanks!! Hard to keep up when it should be easier during these times!!! LOL

Date: January 3, 2021 22:02

Why do the Cowboys pant colors do not match helmets ,,,anyway they are fighting back ...who really cares?

Date: January 3, 2021 22:06

Chris Fountain
If the Dolphins lose will they still be in the playoffs?

Dolphins need to win.

Otherwise they're out unless Indy loses.

At least, that's what it looks like.

Date: January 3, 2021 22:08

Weigh leans towards Arizona staying out. Larry Fitzgerald isn't going to play. Rams win, AZ is out for sure. They're already out. But they'll most likely stay out.

Date: January 3, 2021 22:16

Of course this is now a confusing subject as College B-Ball is in my soul. Are the Rams still in the hunt? Or did you mean AZ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 19 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home