Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does Mick take the piss out of himself ??
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: October 29, 2005 18:10

Just watching alot of his solo stuff on DVD as we speak, and there alot of times where I laugh my head off at his dancing/mannerisms etc...

Does he just "act" up himself and do it for a laugh? A bit like Elvis used to do?

Performances that come to mind: Dancing in the Street with Bowie - now surely this is a take-off of himself??
Just Another Night, Throwaway...etc...alot of his film-clips are hilarious.

And let's not forget the Bette Midler-Beast Of Burden film-clip....@#$%& hilarious!!!

Jagger is a the best performer I know, but there must be times when he just sends himself up...

Re: Does Mick take the piss out of himself ??
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 29, 2005 18:11

too much blood is also like that. he's creeping around a building, but dancing as he does. it's hillarious to watch now.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 29, 2005 18:28

Yeah he definitely sends himself up quite a bit. the Dancing In The Street promo is a good example. The linking sections in Video Rewind also come to mind and parts of Being Mick.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 29, 2005 22:35

VH-1 ran a series last week called I Love the 80's: 3D, and they highlighted the "Dancing In the Streets" video...god, that shit is painful to watch, LOL.

One comedian made a crack about this being the height of David and Mick's homosexuality.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 29, 2005 22:47

That's musical expression. It may be painfull to watch but in some strange way when you're in a stadium it's all a big haze and you don't really give a shit if it looks redicoulus, he just get's you rocking!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 29, 2005 23:21

I use to think that Mick always verged on looking ridiculous when he was on camera, from his facial expressions to his body movements, they're so exaggerated. But then when I saw him live for the first time I understood that he was a stage performer, not a performer for television cameras or even film.
When I consider his movements and gesture in a live/ theatre context they make sense, but when I see them close up or framed for television, they often approach being laughable.
I don't think he's ever made the adjustment in his (film) acting career to carry off the subtle actions for the camera, and on the other hand I can't think of anyone better on the massive stage that he's able to use to its fullest.

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: October 30, 2005 02:40

I think, sometimes if we had been rocking on stage for as long as Mick has?...maybe he does it to amuse himself and not get bored singing the same ol' same ol' night after night. I think he IS amused with himself and that's alright..I love it (him, them)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home