Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - The Voice of Progressive Rock
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 28, 2020 21:40

Worth the listen Jon Anderson interview.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT - The Voice of Progressive Rock
Posted by: syndy ()
Date: August 29, 2020 00:42

Nice to see some other Stones Fans love Yes too.
Thanks!

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: August 29, 2020 06:33

@OpenG

YES is the greatest prog. rock band imho. '71 through '80 is especially great.

The Yes album
Fragile
Close To The Edge
Tales From Topographic Oceans
Relayer
Going For The One
Tormato
Drama

Most great bands would love to have 8 albums as good as these.

+ Yes Shows & Yes Songs live LP's. saw Yes 2x, '91 & '95

I'm not a huge prog.rock fan, but I love Yes & have rated them #4 all-time(tied with The Who) & only behind The Beatles, The Stones & Led Zeppelin. Hendrix @ #6, The Doors #7, Rush #8, Pink Floyd #9, Van Halen #10 (David Lee Roth era).

HM: Clapton/Cream/Derek & the Dominos, The Kinks, Muse, Bob Marley & Nirvana round out the Top 15.

Rush ('74-'84, 1st LP through Moving Pictures), the next 3 were not bad, but they really dropped off after. Rush is the other great prog.rock band. HM to King Crimson (Red, Larks Tongues in Aspic & Starless and Bible Black)...the John Wetton years/LPs.

YES - Going For The One sessions pt.1

YES - GFTT sessions pt.2

YES - GFTT sessions pt.3

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-29 07:00 by KevinM.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 29, 2020 16:09

If Mick Jagger doesn't remember 1974 and the making of Scarlet, Jon, on the contrary, has an amazing memory of details from the past when him and Yes were making music. Jon seems a very nice person; it must not have been easy to deal with all the BS surrounding Yes during all those years. He saw "Spinal Tap" and he said his attitude as a band member the band changed for the better(LOL)!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: August 29, 2020 18:26

I saw him as solo 5 years ago here in Mendoza, Argentina where i live, the concert was great but strange at the same time, becouse was just him playing yes songs with only an old acoustic guitar. Imagine that, he adapted the most well known and complicated yes songs into easy to play songs with no solos, just the basic chords.

The concert lasted about one hour and a half, he also tell stories between songs about the britain music scene in the sixties, he told how he meet Robert Plant before Zeppelin and things like that.

He also played some reggae songs in between the yes songs.

very funny and great concert
Bye
Fernando

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 29, 2020 18:38

e: OT - The Voice of Progressive Rock new
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 29, 2020 16:09

If Mick Jagger doesn't remember 1974 and the making of Scarlet, Jon, on the contrary, has an amazing memory of details from the past when him and Yes were making music. Jon seems a very nice person; it must not have been easy to deal with all the BS surrounding Yes during all those years. He saw "Spinal Tap" and he said his attitude as a band member the band changed for the better(LOL)!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

That's why I posted it, thought his detail was spot on describing those studio sessions.

Thought this interview with Chris Squire(RIP) was amazing his attention to detail telling the story

[www.youtube.com]

And I always thought a musician who can wear a cape has to be badass and
a brilliant musician Rick Wakeman

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home