Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 41
Re: STICKY FINGERS RED LP RS STORE LONDON
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 14, 2021 22:59

Got mine this morning..

Others have also received earlier I believe..
[iorr.org]

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: January 15, 2021 00:02

Not yet.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: January 15, 2021 15:14

Nope, it was dispatched on 11th December

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 15, 2021 15:35

There are a few "problems" it seems :

- shipped but not received, not the store's fault, although for the 7€ they charge they could include some basic tracking info
- not shipped even though it was ordered which raises questions as to how stock is managed on the website (most of us were getting "out of stock" when trying to order). Worse, in the case of Stone601 who ordered on 11/12 and is told there is no stock when they put up more copies for sale on 17/12 ! Has anyone who ordered on 17/12 had their copy shipped ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 15, 2021 15:37

Yep..got it a week ago...

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 15, 2021 18:19

On 11/12 I ordered Sticky Fingers wich had a release date of 31/12 and a shirt but still have no message, it had still not shipped.

Date: January 15, 2021 19:32

What's weird is that they put some up for sale again on 17/12 but now say they don't have enough stock to ship the 11/12 orders ! Still curious to know whether any 17/12 orders have shipped ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 15, 2021 22:10

I ordered a Honk Red Vinyl on 12 December. Release date on website is 8 January. I sent a mail this week if the order has been shipped. Their answer:

"Thanks for reaching out! The street date has changed for the HONK (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red 3LP) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl) and your order is now expected to ship on or around January 29th. Tracking information will be provided once your order is on the way. We apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause."

Re: New Stones shop in Carnaby Street
Date: January 16, 2021 00:17

No worries for Honk as it's not limited, the fact that they don't have stock to ship the limited Sticky Fingers that was sold at the store in early December (500 units there and 500 units online) probably means they messed the split up and what hasn't shipped now will probably be cancelled :-(

--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 16, 2021 01:35

It could be that they messed the 500/500 split up - but to keep the fans satisfied it would simply better to fulfill the surplus orders (instead of cancelling). Would it be an issue to have a limited Edition of e.g. 1500 instead of just 1000? The surplus LPs could be re-pressed ....

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 16, 2021 01:39

Well if I recall correctly it was originally a ltd ed of 500, then was bumped to 1000, bumping it further would just signal there is nothing "special" about it or any other "limited" releases as far as number of copies pressed.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 16, 2021 01:45

jbwelda

Well if I recall correctly it was originally a ltd ed of 500, then was bumped to 1000

There was no bump - it was originally 500 in the Store + 500 online - [iorr.org] , [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: January 16, 2021 01:46

I must be thinking of some other scam, sorry, deal.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 16, 2021 02:56

Irix
It could be that they messed the 500/500 split up - but to keep the fans satisfied it would simply better to fulfill the surplus orders (instead of cancelling). Would it be an issue to have a limited Edition of e.g. 1500 instead of just 1000? The surplus LPs could be re-pressed ....

Definitely one possibility..
I'm thinking more likely is they didn't produce them all at the same time and then ran into production delays. They had cancelled a bunch of double/multiple orders (according to earlier post) which opened up another small release long after the store inventory was gone, kind of confirming the cancellation rumor as it happened about the same time.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 16, 2021 05:36

jbwelda
I must be thinking of some other scam, sorry, deal.

jb

Probably the KR Palladium signed version? They first had a "limited edition" of 100 signed box sets, then dropped another 100.

Date: January 17, 2021 16:04

MisterDDDD
Irix

Definitely one possibility..
I'm thinking more likely is they didn't produce them all at the same time and then ran into production delays. They had cancelled a bunch of double/multiple orders (according to earlier post) which opened up another small release long after the store inventory was gone, kind of confirming the cancellation rumor as it happened about the same time.

Yeah the only hope is that for some reason they didn't produce the planned 1000 units...Still what seems likely at this point is that outstanding orders are just going to be cancelled "we're sorry but due to unforeseen circumstances out of our control, blah, blah, blah" and what is anyone stiffed going to do about it ?

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-17 16:05 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 18, 2021 19:36

lucky theyre not delivering pizza
Imagine how many would have starved by now

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2021 19:57

Rockman
lucky theyre not delivering pizza
Imagine how many would have starved by now

yes, but if they deliver it after 30 minutes it would have been free, so there's that.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 18, 2021 20:35

hong 3lp red also comes with pvc cover you know

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 18, 2021 22:18

pvc piping is a plumbers dream

ROCKMAN

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 20, 2021 21:14

They removed the Sticky Fingers Red Vinyl from the store: [carnaby.therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Honk Red Vinyl is available again.

I'm still waiting for my Sticky Fingers Red Vinyl I ordered on 11th December with a release date of 31 December.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-20 21:17 by spunky.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 20, 2021 21:41

New Valentines merch

[therollingstonesshop.com]

I like the robe and coffee mug.

Date: January 20, 2021 22:42

spunky

I'm still waiting for my Sticky Fingers Red Vinyl I ordered on 11th December with a release date of 31 December.

Same here...

Date: January 20, 2021 23:58

Did you folks waiting on the SF special actually have the money taken from your account? If so, that would be worrying especially with the statue of limitations clock so to speak running.

jb

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 21, 2021 14:57

What statute of limitations are you talking about, jbwelda?

Date: January 21, 2021 15:27

The SF RED vinyl arrived this morning! Just when I thought it was not going to happen anymore, the mailman brought some good news.

Date: January 21, 2021 19:41

Topi the "statue of limitations..." (be sure to quote it all if you are going to quote it) "...clock so to speak" I was referring to is the deadline one has to report fraudulent or undelivered goods to paypal you get your money back. Most other banks etc have similar rules: you snooze, you lose, if you don't report it in a timely manner then obviously you don't really care and therefore are not entitled to a refund. Banks don't want to carry this burden forever, they need to write off their losses sooner than later if they want to stay afloat.

jb

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 21, 2021 19:44

Available in Carnaby store soon ( Spring )

Sunnylife x Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones on the beach !

Floating Lips ; Lie-on and sit-on
Inflatable drinkholders
Towels etc etc

Catalogue ;

[issuu.com]

Date: January 22, 2021 02:20

Jerry Garcia was once asked if the Grateful Dead had sold out.

He replied something like, sell out? We have tried to sell out a bunch of times, but there were never any buyers.

I always liked that. Obviously not on the top of the Stones mind.

jb

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 22, 2021 14:58

Be a cool shop to be busking in front of wearing a Stones T-shirt smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home