Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Watching Four Flicks on iPod
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 28, 2005 19:45

Just put Four Flicks on an iPod with video, pretty cool to have concerts with you where ever you are. The sound is great (well, mp3 quality). Each concert takes up about 850 MB.

Used Mac the Ripper and Handbrake. Took about 2 hours per dvd. Works like a charm for the main feature, but doesn't let you transfer the special features.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-28 20:04 by camper88.

Re: Watching Four Flicks on iPod
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: October 28, 2005 19:53

wick ipod have you got? i wanna buy one, but can't decide!

Date: October 28, 2005 20:00

The 60 GB version with video, with the software I cite above you can watch dvd's on your ipod (transfer them to your ipod).

farawayeyes2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wick ipod have you got? i wanna buy one, but can't
> decide!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 28, 2005 20:04

Wouldn't it be great to watch Four Flicks on Ipod while you're at the
show watching the Stones in person at the same time? Cosmic!

Date: October 28, 2005 20:04

and does the 30gb one have the same thing? thank you

Date: October 28, 2005 20:05

yeah red thorpe, obviuvsy while listenig to them on cdplayer!

Date: October 28, 2005 20:07

Best I can tell, the 30GB version is identical in all respects except the size of the drive.

Boiling that down, the 60GB holds about 150 hours of video and the 30GB holds about 75 hours of video (or 15,000 / 7,500 songs).

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 28, 2005 20:22

Happy camper - how is it to watch video on such a small screen?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 28, 2005 20:33

Have a Warhorse with you all the time!

Karl

Date: October 28, 2005 20:40

Beast Wrote:
> Happy camper - how is it to watch video on such a
> small screen?

It's actually quite good for a few of reasons: 1) the sound is great with good headphones, and that affects how you engage in the concert/ movie, 2) the image quality is really good, not that hard to do at that size but still quite remarkable, and 3) because you're holding the screen about 12" or 30 cm from your face, the screen appears quite large. It's similar to watching a regularly sized (26") television. This last point really can't be underestimated, it's quite surprising how well it works. And, being on the road all the time, its better than the alternative of not having it.

As well, you can plug the ipod into any television (like in a hotel room for me) and voila, you've got the stones on television where ever you go.

Hey . . . who ever said I was Happy? I need a love to keep me happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-29 22:28 by camper88.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 29, 2005 03:07

Ah - now that's the good bit - i.e., plugging it into the TV while you're camping. I had been wondering if it would be like the iPod photo in that respect. Thanks for the review. Enjoy!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 29, 2005 04:06

These iPods sound like wicked beasts. How much does the 60 GB version cost? How about the 30GB?

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 29, 2005 07:01

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> These iPods sound like wicked beasts. How much
> does the 60 GB version cost? How about the 30GB?

for about $400. But they are THE best new gadget. I've got the 60Gb version, with the iCar cable (to play on the car stereo)

My iPod holds all of my CD's....all of them...over 400 studio/official releases and about the same for my boots....and I've still got like 50 Gbs left!

I don't know what conversion program that the iPod uses, but the sound quality is fantastic.

Just be warned...I started out with a Nano in September....and I'm already on the 60Gb....the lesson is don't skimp...lay out the cash for the largest memory...

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: October 29, 2005 16:48

Hello, ipodeans!!!!

Just came home from my holiday. Sadly I lost my footing on a boat one day and fell sideways down wooden stairs and have the most amazing bruise on my left buttock to prove it (if I knew how to put pictures onto threads, I'd do it, it's a real beauty!). Anyway, in the same crash I dropped my 60GB ipod and (as if that wasn't enough ) additionally stepped on the screen. Ouch! The screen now shows two cracks and two beautiful, psychedelic-looking blue "amoebas", instead of the listings. For a while it still worked as a very expensive shuffle, but this morning it breathed out it's last breath and presumable went straight to the big Apple in the Sky.....
Does anyone know if these things are fixable???? All I can see is that it says "assembled in China" on the back......

Thanks for any helpful hints...

Johanna

PS: yes, it's insured, but only up to £200, minus £35 excess

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 30, 2005 00:14

Hi Johanna, usually these things are cheaper to buy than to repair. So I guess you'll just have to buy a new one. Btw, we're flying to MRU in a few weeks !

Posted by: smith ()
Date: October 31, 2005 12:29

uh sh*t....I just bought my 20 GB only 3 weeks ago - I didn't know that they are going to release a new one :-(

anyway, it's not even released here so I can think a little longer about selling my "old" one and buy the new version.

I never believed how good they sound until I gave em a first listen. if the picture matches the sound quality this must be a real nice item.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home