Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith Vs. Chuck Berry at age 62
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 28, 2005 21:20

this is like comparing sex from one position to the other....nobody loses

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 28, 2005 23:31

i agree...for christ sake..both chuck and keith still rock..they have done it longer than most and they still do it better than any stars half their age...and they both do it because they love it and both have nothing to prove anymore..they both out lasted them all...they are both still the best....just put on any of their albums...

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 29, 2005 02:15

My wish would be that F U C would stick to the old albums and not bother commenting on the newer ones. He/she is obviousely lost in the 60/70s. Lost in the past. Thank God The Stones are still growing and developing as a band and as musicians.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 1, 2005 01:10

So this all just goes to prove that drunks and old dudes can still rock!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 1, 2005 01:22

Check out the boot of Chuck from around 1988 in Canada where he fires the band halfway through the set. Chuck don't want no impro-vising.

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: November 1, 2005 01:36

I'd rather see Keith Richards any friggin day at his age, with the Expensive Winos, or some Rasta based band from Kingston, than see Chuck Berry ~ no less with his band, The Rolling Stones. I saw Chuck headline a show at some club in NYC around "83 (the Ritz?) sowed up way late, way drunk, and did't do much for me. While I listened to his hits, like Sweet Little Sixteen, I was there dreaming about Keith or Mick singning the song.

Thank God Ronnie Wood opened the show! Mr. Wood improvised quite a bit, and bridged the gap nicely. They marquis should have read Ronnie Wood w/ special guest Chuck Berry! Ronnie, of course, spent more time rubbing his nose than reaching for the guitar chords...A successful evening for me, of course!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-01 01:37 by rock'nroller.

Date: November 1, 2005 16:10

Niklas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My wish would be that F U C would stick to the old
> albums and not bother commenting on the newer
> ones. He/she is obviousely lost in the 60/70s.
> Lost in the past. Thank God The Stones are still
> growing and developing as a band and as musicians.

I don't know what you're really talking about. OK, A BIGGER BANG is a new album but ALL other albums are older albums in fact, the last one is from 1997 and that's EIGHT YEARS ago. I call this an OLD album. You can't be serious calling this "growing and developing". Look at the eight Stones years between 1964 and 1972 then think again about growing and developing. Or is it you have never heard the albums of that era? I only see Keith's fingers are growing and Ronnie's alcohol abuse is developing. I'm waiting for you fun guy calling the upcoming RARITIES the "best album since EXILE ON MAIN ST". Oh, maybe it's just the Stones growing their bank accounts and developing new business plans.

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: November 1, 2005 17:12

letitloose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God this site is so bloody negative. Who the hell
> says Keith has crippling arthritis? Ive only ever
> read it here. As for the Chuck thing - I saw him
> live 10 or 15 yrs ago in Glasgow, He was ok,
> nothing special. He only played 45 minutes. He was
> back in Glasgow 6 months ago and didnt bother
> turning up. 3000 fans waited for him till 10pm
> when it was announced he'd pulled the gig. Who
> knows why. He's never explained or apologized. And
> the person who said "Keith drugged and drank
> himself into irrelevance" should be ashamed. Go
> listen to those wretched Mick solo albums and
> leave us in peace. Keith is the heartbeat of the
> Stones. Long may he run

Was that November 1992 when you saw Chuck letitloose?....if so do you remember the support band Boozenblooze, I was playing drums with them. Chuck played for 40 minutes and even sacked his pianist on that gig cos he didn't play a slow blues the way he wanted.I played on that whole tour with Chuck and half of the time he wasn't even in tune. He never soundchecked either. The only thing he ever checked was the gate receipts.....Keith just about summed him up when he called him the most charming @#$%& he had ever met!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home