Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glasgow 1982
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 2, 2020 14:24

[www.ina.fr]

around 2.30 a proshot snippet from GLASGOW made by TF1 french TV.
Thank you public service INA

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-02 14:27 by toomuchforme.

Re: Glasgow 1982
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 2, 2020 15:45

I was at that warm-up gig in the Apollo May 1982 my first ever Stones gig. Ticket was just printed as 'The Concert' cost £6. Night before the Scotland V England game and Mick pulled on a Scotland shirt. Brilliant, intimate show in a long gone legendary venue.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: July 2, 2020 16:06

ROLLINGSTONE
Night before the Scotland V England game and Mick pulled on a Scotland shirt.

A Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt in front of an English audience. Actually, a Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt. Period

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 2, 2020 19:12

Was at that one. Was lucky enough to get great seats. Great show!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 2, 2020 19:15

Captain Teague
ROLLINGSTONE

A Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt in front of an English audience. Actually, a Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt. Period

Agreed! So, this didn’t happen?

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 08:52

[pbs.twimg.com]

Looks like it did happen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 08:52 by matsumoto33.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 3, 2020 10:23

WOW! Apollo 1982! Imagine if they would have this one released!!! MINT Picture and sound quality as well! YUMMY!!!!!smiling bouncing smiley

The news snippet did a disturbing mistake though, pointing out Mick Taylor as Brian in Taylor's first photo session with the lads in 1969grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 10:37 by MadMax.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 3, 2020 13:43

I was there too . Great memories I wish the whole concert was available in this fantastic quality.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 3, 2020 15:17

hickorywind
I was there too . Great memories I wish the whole concert was available in this fantastic quality.

Have seen this clip before and have got it saved...somewhere. Shot with a single camera from one of the boxes overlooking the stage (Keith's side), opening number. Photographer probably had to leave after the usual three songs, so maybe a little more footage in existence somewhere. Seeing Stu in this reminds me of him checking things out onstage - including Mick's microphone - before the band came on with few in the audience recognising him, appreciating his significance and contributions to the band.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2020 03:49

Captain Teague
ROLLINGSTONE

A Scotsman would never say 'period' either. He'd say 'full stop'. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2020 03:53

Big Al
Captain Teague
ROLLINGSTONE

Agreed! So, this didn’t happen?

he's not saying that. He's just comparing the two scenarios.

It DID happen. If I recall right, Mick also correctly predicted the score of the game the next day (England won 1-0).

Although maybe that was at the Edinburgh show? It took place on May 28th, the England-Scotland game was May 29th. The Glasgow show was the 27th.

He had a good record with predictions that summer. When the Stones played Turin on the day of the World Cup Final, he predicted that Italy would beat West Germany 3-1.

They did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-04 03:56 by Gazza.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 4, 2020 04:41

teleblaster
hickorywind

Have seen this clip before and have got it saved...somewhere. Shot with a single camera from one of the boxes overlooking the stage (Keith's side), opening number. Photographer probably had to leave after the usual three songs, so maybe a little more footage in existence somewhere. Seeing Stu in this reminds me of him checking things out onstage - including Mick's microphone - before the band came on with few in the audience recognising him, appreciating his significance and contributions to the band.

Very much agree with the Stu comment!!!!!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 4, 2020 04:56

They call Mick Taylor Brian Jones smoking smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 5, 2020 06:41

Ouch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home