Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who thinks this is the last tour? (I hope not)
Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: October 27, 2005 14:09

Hey everyone

How many of you think that this is the last tour. I've only seen the Stones twice on the licks tour but I still think seeing the fenway DVD that the boys have no dust on them since Two Years ago and that they could easily go on another tour. Maybe it's youthful optimism but I think that this is not the last tour. Put it this way if it turns out to be that way then Lennon's Death and the day the rolling stones left the road down for good will both be the day the music died in my book!

Re: Who thinks this is the last tour? (I hope not)
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: October 27, 2005 14:39

I don't think it's the end unless one becomes ill or dies but the format is becoming very predictable and something needs to be shaken up. They will eventually run out of new places to play and the big markets will dry up if it's always the exact same show. Toronto is an example of that. Don't get me wrong, I love going. But my wife is a perfect example. She likes the Stones but not nearly as much as me and her enthusiasm has dropped significantly with every show we've gone to and her complaint is it's always basically the same and she always uses the word predictable. I don't necessarily buy the theory that they have to play all the regulars (I hate the term warhorse) to be successful. Took my sister and her husband to the show in Ottawa (they are not huge fans) and one of their highlites (and mine) was Out of Control, a song they didn't even know. They were asking what album it was from and will probably go out and buy it. Isn't that part of the reason behind touring?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 27, 2005 15:11

I don't think it's the last tour, I certainly hope it's not. But it's possible I suppose - so all the more reason to see as much of them as you can on this tour. I intend to see as many shows as possible.

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: October 27, 2005 15:16

2012 will be their 50th anniversary tour. If they all stay alive ,I really think it will happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home