Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me....
Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: October 26, 2005 22:36

The Rolling Stones are seen in a new Mercedes-Benz ad that runs today in American papers "USA Today" and "New York Times". It's the first time I've seen a Stones photograph, ad, etc, with Charlie in the foreground.

Re: Oh Lord, won't you buy me....
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 27, 2005 05:14

Do you have a link or a scan?

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: October 27, 2005 06:46

ya, where's the link?

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: October 27, 2005 22:33

I saw the full page ads in those newspapers yesterday in print. I imagine that the ads would be different online, if they exist.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2005 22:41

It was a full-page ad the day after the Charlotte show in the local paper there. And they have been running the Mercedes ad on the main stage monitor after the final bow for quite some time now. Kind of "have to see it", as they have cleverly mixed in Stones bits with car ads.

Bjornulf

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 28, 2005 01:26

Here you go:
[www.mbusa.com]

Date: October 28, 2005 01:37

I'm not against Mercedes Benz. But these four sorry asses around it... I don't believe it. MY Stones would do something like that???!!!! Isn't it bad enought they sell themselves to Microsoft and Heineken?

This is the turning point in my opinion about the Stones. I knew they were only after the money since at least 1989. But now they have become mere commercial reptiles. They have lost not only their street credibility but now also their integrity.

Anyway I hate people who always put their signature onto something.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 28, 2005 02:44

I agree 100% and have written a post about this nonsense from these guys. Did they all get a free Benz for signing ? Because these whores don't do crap for free.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 28, 2005 02:57

they'd sell their own shit in a box if they thought they could get a few shillings for it

Date: October 28, 2005 06:33

The ad that I saw in the papers had the same car, unsigned, in that position, with Mick and Keith "posing" behind the car and Charlie and Ron in front. Charlie looked smug, but he rocks, so its okay.

Posted by: Pussy Whips ()
Date: October 28, 2005 10:51

One Shit in a box to go!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home